Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 09:52 AM

61 posts, read 85,833 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info! All the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 10:28 AM

133 posts, read 142,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkchilles View Post
My log is 7xxx and I live the area so hopefully I’ll get called
Hi MY LOG # is below 90, they responded to me recently, however, I make $120 above the threshold for one of the categories.

The fact that they don't have community based preference etc makes me hopeful that they may not be as lenient. I have very good credit, good educational background and good rent payment history, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Have any of you heard about people qualifying even if they make a bit less or more than the provided thresholds?

Last edited by issapi27; 05-05-2020 at 10:43 AM..

Old 05-05-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whz1234 View Post
nah, I did not update my income info on Housing Connect so I used the one from last year which was a little less than the requirement.

The interview today was a basic information survey that just confirmed things on the application. The lady also told me the process would usually take four months ( would take little bit longer now). And they would continue once they can work in the office.
Hi,

Thank you for all these info. I am in a similar situation with a number below 100, I didn't update my income in the housing connect page from last year. They accepted my appeal and they are -hopefully- reviewing my documents.

Would you be kind enough to indicate how long it took them to schedule this interview after you submitted your docs post-appeal ?

Thank you!

Old 05-05-2020, 10:44 AM

576 posts, read 1,548,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by issapi27 View Post
Hi MY LOG # is below 90, they responded to me recently, however, I make $120 above the threshold for one of the categories.

The fact that they don't have community based preference etc makes me hopeful that they may not be as linear. I have very good credit, good educational background and good rent payment history, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Have any of you heard about people qualifying even if they make a bit less or more than the provided thresholds?
Are you looking at the new income limits? I believe they updated it like a month or 2 ago . Income Eligibility | New York City Housing Development Corporation

Old 05-05-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Are you looking at the new income limits? I believe they updated it like a month or 2 ago . Income Eligibility | New York City Housing Development Corporation
So they should evaluate based on the income provided in this new guideline or the one provided in the housing connect profile of the building itself ?

Old 05-05-2020, 11:20 AM

576 posts, read 1,548,580 times
Quote:
So they should evaluate based on the income provided in this new guideline or the one provided in the housing connect profile of the building itself ?
The new guideline.

Old 05-05-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
The new guideline.
Excellent , in that case I am still on this!

Old 05-05-2020, 11:36 AM

61 posts, read 85,833 times
There was a 6.5% increase to the 2020 AMI for NYC. I've also noticed much larger income ranges as well in the new notices.

Old 05-05-2020, 01:14 PM

15 posts, read 9,170 times
Quote:
Hi,

Thank you for all these info. I am in a similar situation with a number below 100, I didn't update my income in the housing connect page from last year. They accepted my appeal and they are -hopefully- reviewing my documents.

Would you be kind enough to indicate how long it took them to schedule this interview after you submitted your docs post-appeal ?

Thank you!
This is my timeline.
3/5 They emailed the decision of Ineligibility
3/12 Appeal submitted
3/26 I emailed them because of no response. And they emailed back that the appeal was approved
4/16 They emailed me that they want to have interview on 4/17. I ask them to postpone it to 5/4
5/4 Interview via Microsoft Team, its very similar to phone interview. The lady just confirmed things on the application such as income, room size, current address etc.

BTW, she also told me that she would put studio and 1bdroom on the application to increase the chance of getting the apartment.

Hope this can help you.

Old 05-05-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whz1234 View Post
This is my timeline.
3/5 They emailed the decision of Ineligibility
3/12 Appeal submitted
3/26 I emailed them because of no response. And they emailed back that the appeal was approved
4/16 They emailed me that they want to have interview on 4/17. I ask them to postpone it to 5/4
5/4 Interview via Microsoft Team, its very similar to phone interview. The lady just confirmed things on the application such as income, room size, current address etc.

BTW, she also told me that she would put studio and 1bdroom on the application to increase the chance of getting the apartment.

Hope this can help you.
Thank you for your respond. I am still waiting on them to confirm that they have received all my documents as I wasn’t able to get an in-person interview, so hopefully they will be able to schedule me soon. I am so happy with this increase in the Median income, because I didn’t qualify for most listing for a couple of hundreds and/or thousands of dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery