Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 12:21 AM

133 posts, read 142,224 times

Advertisements

I don't think units have been awarded yet, but they are moving relatively fast. Do you qualify for both 1 and 2 bedrooms in the 60% AMI?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 06:37 AM

128 posts, read 136,164 times
Well I’m going to deny the interview for a unit so an extra spot will end up coming up because I already got accepted for another complex and will view and sign a lease soon

Old 05-22-2020, 08:08 AM

Well, congrats to you, and to whoever may end up getting that unit you will be rejecting. What is your log # for this lottery?

Old 05-22-2020, 08:22 AM

8 posts, read 8,289 times
I got a final notice email yesterday to submit my documents even though I submitted them a few days ago. I called the office and they said the person hadn't checked the Dropbox folder yet and that my email was sent by mistake but that she would make sure the documents were received. So the process is still going slowly but steadily.

Old 05-22-2020, 08:59 AM

61 posts, read 86,072 times
I decided not to continue my application. My log # is 4xx. Hope that's helps one of you get closer to getting a unit.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:23 AM

They sure make this process very difficult! I have appealed twice already and my files have not even reached HUD/ compliance yet and I am pretty sure they will try to f me over with my income and say that I make more, so I am already working on affidavits and docs to appeal any wrongful decision. Now I see why some people just give up, the system is designed with that purpose, but let's hang in there!

Old 05-22-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by issapi27 View Post
They sure make this process very difficult! I have appealed twice already and my files have not even reached HUD/ compliance yet and I am pretty sure they will try to f me over with my income and say that I make more, so I am already working on affidavits and docs to appeal any wrongful decision. Now I see why some people just give up, the system is designed with that purpose, but let's hang in there!
Yeah. I totally get it. This is my 3rd rodeo and believe the odds are just not in my favor for this one.

And I'd prefer my info + data not be floating randomly around someone's office for no reason.

I'm currently in a new luxury building and happy where I am. However, I share and would like my own place.

This would have been ideal but I ran the numbers and they don't add up for me. Only 7 1brs in 60% AMI + 4xx number its very unlikely. Did I mention I'm self employed? Rather not inflict the stress on myself. Something else better suited + better odds will come along.

Good luck to you! Don't give up.

Old 05-22-2020, 10:21 AM

Yeah, totally understandable. My log # is in the 80's, so I am in that complicated intersection between being "close enough" to persist and far enough to have a couple of suitable candidates below me.

I am also worried about my data and personal information floating around, can you request them to delete your docs if rejected?

Last edited by issapi27; 05-22-2020 at 10:52 AM..

Old 05-22-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by issapi27 View Post
Yeah, totally understandable. My log # is in the 80's, so I am in that complicated intersection between been "close enough" to persist and far enough to have a couple of suitable candidates below me.

I am also worried about my data and personal information floating around, can you request them to delete your docs if rejected?

I'm not sure. However, I did notice that there was an info/document disclosure/release or something like that included in this application process. It makes me believe, people have been requesting their info + documents back after rejection. I would request it. I plan to request it back in the future.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:38 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,623,234 times
You would be surprised how many people ahead of you will get rejected or decide not to pursue it. If you like the building and need the apartment, I would proceed.

My friend who was called for a lottery back in 2015 wasn’t going to continue with it because her number was 12,000. (She also had community preference, which we were both ignorant of at the time.) It was inconceivable to her that people with lower log numbers wouldn’t take all the apartments. I convinced her to stick with it. She did hand in documents and ended up getting the apartment. The moral of the story is, you never know! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery