Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 10:19 AM

46 posts, read 46,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbiz2002 View Post
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Inf...NLCG3dkNo3JOiw windows #4-5 from the right, 3floor/5
Looks nice and new! Congratulations on your new place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 10:24 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,838,730 times
It's a nice brand new apartment. Congratulations! Enjoy your new home

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbiz2002 View Post
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Inf...NLCG3dkNo3JOiw windows #4-5 from the right, floor 3/5

Old 08-11-2021, 06:44 PM

182 posts, read 315,301 times
anyone know how many apartments are left?

Old 08-12-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_Porter89 View Post
anyone know how many apartments are left?
I received an email saying that all the apartments had been filled.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:53 AM

182 posts, read 315,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada5 View Post
Oh damn. This lottery was my lowest yet

Old 08-16-2021, 12:55 PM

17 posts, read 22,080 times
Quote:
WOW, I'm confused now. I received an email requesting documents last week Wednesday 8/11/21. How come they contact someone if there are no units left?

Old 08-16-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisela1001 View Post
WOW, I'm confused now. I received an email requesting documents last week Wednesday 8/11/21. How come they contact someone if there are no units left?
Good question lol. Submit everything! The person working my file had ignored my phone calls and emails for months and then finally sent me that email saying all units had been filled and I qualified for all three sizes. They gave me false hope saying my file would be sent over to hpd. I later found out it was placed on “hold”. They said the person ahead of me had appealed. Took months to hear back from someone even reached out to hpd and they couldn’t get anyone to call me back with an update.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:28 PM

17 posts, read 22,080 times
Quote:
Good question lol. Submit everything! The person working my file had ignored my phone calls and emails for months and then finally sent me that email saying all units had been filled and I qualified for all three sizes. They gave me false hope saying my file would be sent over to hpd. I later found out it was placed on “hold”. They said the person ahead of me had appealed. Took months to hear back from someone even reached out to hpd and they couldn’t get anyone to call me back with an update.

How irresponsible on their part. its crazy I received the email literally the day before you received yours. Well I guess is a waiting game now. I currently live in a lottery appt , its just too small now cuz I had babies. It was just you in the application? Im only asking because if it was only you or just a couple you might not be considered for the 2 bedroom because they consider you dont "need" a second bedroom. I had been reached and denied by other developments because of this same situation.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisela1001 View Post
How irresponsible on their part. its crazy I received the email literally the day before you received yours. Well I guess is a waiting game now. I currently live in a lottery appt , its just too small now cuz I had babies. It was just you in the application? Im only asking because if it was only you or just a couple you might not be considered for the 2 bedroom because they consider you dont "need" a second bedroom. I had been reached and denied by other developments because of this same situation.
It’s my kid and I. I also like in a lottery apartment but it’s too small for us two.

Old 09-05-2021, 10:42 AM

3 posts, read 1,406 times
Did anyone found out if all units are filled now or what number are they up to?
Thanks, and good luck to everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: