Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2021, 07:00 PM

32 posts, read 42,804 times

Advertisements

Because people leave the door open when coming in and going out. I seen a guy just come in and grab as much packages that can fit in his bag and ran away with them. Other people witnessed it as well & tried to stop it but they managed to get only one package back cause it fell on the ground while he was escaping. It’s hard living with people who don’t follow simple instructions-close the door after you come in/leave out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2021, 07:02 PM

32 posts, read 42,804 times
As far as tenants who steal other tenants packages, I hope they get caught and karma is real thing!!!!

Old 11-18-2021, 05:21 AM

253 posts, read 218,610 times
That’s sad and I noticed that a lot that people leave the door open and when you close it they wanna get mad that last Saturday I was leaving around 5am to work and these guys literally standing in the corner waiting for someone to open the door I literally closed it and kept walking but management has fault instead of wasting money on unnecessary lounge rooms that will not be used they should have invested in hiring a regular security person to make sure incidents like this do not happen

Old 11-18-2021, 06:36 AM

30 posts, read 30,372 times
we need a security on the first floor seriously

Old 11-18-2021, 03:44 PM

What I don’t get is how is it they hire a security guard on some days rather than full time hire for mornings and nights like they really spent money on things we really didn’t need like why is there a lounge on some floors that could have easily been another laundry room

Old 11-20-2021, 04:32 PM

I’m really nosey to the apartments that can be seen from
Outside some kitchens have different color cabinets I thought all of them came in grey I just seen one I’m burgundy or cherry red wood color

Old 11-23-2021, 06:25 AM

30 posts, read 30,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
I’m really nosey to the apartments that can be seen from
Outside some kitchens have different color cabinets I thought all of them came in grey I just seen one I’m burgundy or cherry red wood color
its true my own is in the grey black landscape some arent

Old 11-23-2021, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,142 times
Has anyone gotten an apartment in this building using a city FHEPS voucher?

Old 12-03-2021, 11:03 AM

61 posts, read 73,657 times
I received an email yesterday that my application was selected. My log number is 1,1xx and I'm general population. I honestly had no idea what this lottery was and check the old website and saw it there. This was definitely a lottery I submitted for but didn't really care for. I don't want to discount it though.

My main concern is the area. I currently live in Manhattan with a lot of accessible resources nearby and in a safe neighborhood. The location is a bit farther in BK then I normally venture to and I know nothing about the area. I do know that this area is not the safest, and I feel like it would be a downgrade from where I am now. Even though a place of my own is great, if I don't feel safe then it doesn't matter.

Anyone currently living in the building or this area just shed some light on the area, safety, and security within the building? Thanks!

Old 12-03-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTpie274 View Post
I received an email yesterday that my application was selected. My log number is 1,1xx and I'm general population. I honestly had no idea what this lottery was and check the old website and saw it there. This was definitely a lottery I submitted for but didn't really care for. I don't want to discount it though.

My main concern is the area. I currently live in Manhattan with a lot of accessible resources nearby and in a safe neighborhood. The location is a bit farther in BK then I normally venture to and I know nothing about the area. I do know that this area is not the safest, and I feel like it would be a downgrade from where I am now. Even though a place of my own is great, if I don't feel safe then it doesn't matter.

Anyone currently living in the building or this area just shed some light on the area, safety, and security within the building? Thanks!
Stay in the city currently live here and am waiting for another development to check my paper work. Tenants constantly leave front door open to let friends in then get mad when you close it and then there’s the stealing of packages yea stay in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery