Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 04:35 PM

11 posts, read 13,644 times

Advertisements

They only seem to allow Verizon in and the Verizon guy told me the building owner doesn’t allow them to make holes on the walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Apple's Seed View Post
So, the building doesn't have an issue with an internet service provider drilling holes into the wall and setting up wires? Or is the infrastructure for internet already in place?

Also, which internet companies are available to the building?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 05:59 PM

45 posts, read 73,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021hope View Post
They only seem to allow Verizon in and the Verizon guy told me the building owner doesn’t allow them to make holes on the walls.
So, how does Verizon install internet if they cannot drill holes into the walls?

Old 08-06-2021, 03:32 PM

45 posts, read 73,037 times
After all requested documents have been submitted, is it normal for them to cease contacting you? It's been a week since I submitted my documents and I haven't received an email since then.

Old 08-08-2021, 05:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,231 times
I have a appointment to submit documents on Monday 8/9. I currently live In Ct so the CB address on my application would change do you guys know if they are now on general applications?

Old 08-08-2021, 01:43 PM

254 posts, read 220,332 times
I’m breaking the lease that the place is unsafe and there is no real security be care cars are being stolen from the area

Old 08-08-2021, 01:59 PM

I really thought I would be away from the violence but it’s just worse in this location I’m just going to find a new apartment even if it’s a couple hundred more that I really can’t believe my car was damaged and then they have a whole parking garage they not letting us use this is not right at all

Old 08-08-2021, 02:04 PM

I’m sorry for venting I’m just frustrated that something I invested money into got ruined all because this building is refusing to let us use the parking space and then late at night there’s sketchy people just roaming around the outside of the building I can’t I have a daughter and I work nights I don’t have time or energy for this again I’m sorry for ranting

Old 08-08-2021, 03:15 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,853,109 times
I'm sorry to hear about this. It's weird that they don't allow tenants to use the parking, did they mention any specific reasons why? I hope your car is insured so at least the damage will be covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
I really thought I would be away from the violence but it’s just worse in this location I’m just going to find a new apartment even if it’s a couple hundred more that I really can’t believe my car was damaged and then they have a whole parking garage they not letting us use this is not right at all

Old 08-08-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I'm sorry to hear about this. It's weird that they don't allow tenants to use the parking, did they mention any specific reasons why? I hope your car is insured so at least the damage will be covered.
It’s ensured and sadly I really don’t want to live here no more that it’s sad they put these nice buildings in messed up locations. Im already looking at other apartments to see if I can move out by next month that I can’t stay in this location for another year and a half cause what damages the area more Is the pink houses being not too far from this building.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:55 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,853,109 times
Your safety is the most important! I hope the landlord doesn't give you hard time to break the lease. I wish you good luck in finding a new place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
It’s ensured and sadly I really don’t want to live here no more that it’s sad they put these nice buildings in messed up locations. Im already looking at other apartments to see if I can move out by next month that I can’t stay in this location for another year and a half cause what damages the area more Is the pink houses being not too far from this building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery