Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 09:54 PM

45 posts, read 72,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
It’s not a bad sign they just tend to not respond sometimes that I would say contact them on Monday
Quote:
I really got bored and walked through out the whole building waiting for my clothes to dry and I can say that floors 2-8 have the most apartments while floors 10-12 only have like 11-10 apartments and they have some of these apartments wide open again
So, you already have an apartment inside the building? Can you describe the studios and one-bedroom units? How large are they? Also, can you take pictures? Finally, on which floors are they located?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 10:38 PM

253 posts, read 217,929 times
So I been living here since June that I have a 2bedtoom and I went to the 6th floor cause the apartments were open where you can see from the outside I seen the studios and I found it to be too small where your room kitchen and all is just there and it feels like you don’t have room to move once furniture is placed that the 1 bedroom is better cause your room is separated from the kitchen

Old 07-23-2021, 10:41 PM

Also when I applied I submitted to the credit check but had to have a letter notarized because I wasn’t on my moms lease but had her state I lived with her until I was able to find my own place and I had to show proof that I was staying there showing a bill and also my state ID

Old 07-23-2021, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Also when I applied I submitted to the credit check but had to have a letter notarized because I wasn’t on my moms lease but had her state I lived with her until I was able to find my own place and I had to show proof that I was staying there showing a bill and also my state ID
Thank you for your response.

So, does the notarized letter have to be accompanied with the lease of the person with whom you live or some other proof that the person with whom you live owns or rents the space?

Old 07-23-2021, 11:40 PM

Quote:
So I been living here since June that I have a 2bedtoom and I went to the 6th floor cause the apartments were open where you can see from the outside I seen the studios and I found it to be too small where your room kitchen and all is just there and it feels like you don’t have room to move once furniture is placed that the 1 bedroom is better cause your room is separated from the kitchen
Can you take photos of the studios and one-bedroom units?

Old 07-24-2021, 07:03 AM

So I didn’t provide a lease and I’m happy they didn’t need it as long as you have a notarized letter stating you live there you are good.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
So I didn’t provide a lease and I’m happy they didn’t need it as long as you have a notarized letter stating you live there you are good.
Wow, that's amazing.

Old 07-24-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Apple's Seed View Post
Wow, that's amazing.
Yea that I was nervous when applying because I’m also a full time graduate student so i here stories where they say u can’t be a full time student in most buildings but was happy I could get a place here that just submit what you have and as long as you can proove you live in the address you provided you should be fine and if you use zelle or cash app as a way to send it receive money I would try not using that. My process was longer because I had to verify every time my coworker sent me money when we ordered lunch and it was exhausting to explain to them that it was for lunch when it would only be like 3.00

Old 07-25-2021, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Yea that I was nervous when applying because I’m also a full time graduate student so i here stories where they say u can’t be a full time student in most buildings but was happy I could get a place here that just submit what you have and as long as you can proove you live in the address you provided you should be fine and if you use zelle or cash app as a way to send it receive money I would try not using that. My process was longer because I had to verify every time my coworker sent me money when we ordered lunch and it was exhausting to explain to them that it was for lunch when it would only be like 3.00
How strict are they about deadlines? Do they really snip people for missing a deadline, even if by just a few minutes or one day?

Old 07-25-2021, 02:25 AM

41 posts, read 57,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Apple's Seed View Post
Monday is my deadline. Also, if I have opted to submit a credit check rather than proof of rent-payment history, do I still need proof of residence?
Don’t miss the deadline!!!! If your going to need more time, call them and give them notice with a follow up email. They don’t respond right away but they do keep track.

When I first applied, I was supposed to submit my paperwork by the end of the day Friday (no time was given). I couldn’t get everything together fast enough but made it to 6pm. At 3:00pm, yes 3pm I got a rejection notice for failure to submit my paperwork. On Monday I received and email saying my paperwork was received. I inquiry about the rejection notice and 2 days later was told I need to appeal my case. After a few please respond emails and phone calls I got through (every email after that had a day and time boldly inserted).

Do give them any reason to hold you up. Once they have your file get them right away. And have patience. They’re people on this thread that was waiting since November 2020 and got the keys in June/July
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery