Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2021, 12:26 PM

41 posts, read 57,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Apple's Seed View Post
Why not just shut the curtains, LOL?
Lol. Good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 12:26 PM

253 posts, read 218,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windybay98 View Post
I'm glad y'all are finally moving in! I interviewed at the building (because I'm nosy and wanted to see the units in person). The lady that took my documents and everything was kind of condescending which soured the whole experience for me. As I was handing in a stack of paperwork, they were asking for more and more. The final straw came when they told me that I only qualified for the 1200 studio. I decided to pass on it since I just recently moved and the thought of doing it again makes me nauseous lol. Also, the location is not the best for me anyway since I don't have a car and there are no good trains around. The building and units are very nice, but I have to agree with others that the laundry room is not enough for a building of that size.
Yea the laundry room I can see people fighting in the near future because some tenants are not cosiderate and leave their clothes for a longer Time. That I been there since June and so far it isn’t bad going to work that I walk up drew street to get the A on grant ave

Old 07-26-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windybay98 View Post
I'm glad y'all are finally moving in! I interviewed at the building (because I'm nosy and wanted to see the units in person). The lady that took my documents and everything was kind of condescending which soured the whole experience for me. As I was handing in a stack of paperwork, they were asking for more and more. The final straw came when they told me that I only qualified for the 1200 studio. I decided to pass on it since I just recently moved and the thought of doing it again makes me nauseous lol. Also, the location is not the best for me anyway since I don't have a car and there are no good trains around. The building and units are very nice, but I have to agree with others that the laundry room is not enough for a building of that size.
I completely understand. If it wasn’t for the pandemic I would have been promoting, got a pay increase reduced into a 1 bed room for $300-400 more. The bus to a train is tough too but it’s better than rent out there.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:37 PM

45 posts, read 72,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
Lol no not from outside that no one can see me from outside I mean like my daughter and husband that they like to just sit in the dining area watching that I put an island dining set so they just sit there watching like
Oh, okay.

Old 07-26-2021, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanii180 View Post
I completely understand. If it wasn’t for the pandemic I would have been promoting, got a pay increase reduced into a 1 bed room for $300-400 more. The bus to a train is tough too but it’s better than rent out there.
Yea it is cause right now places are increasing rent and I’m here like it’s my first place I’m happy I’m not longer living where I was currently at that it was a negative vibe and now I feel more at peace

Old 07-26-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC____20010 View Post
Yea it is cause right now places are increasing rent and I’m here like it’s my first place I’m happy I’m not longer living where I was currently at that it was a negative vibe and now I feel more at peace
I feel you on the kitchen too. My house rule was always stay out of my kitchen and you do the laundry. Lol.

Oh and You can get a the extra key card. It’s a $50 charge, but you have to ask. The metal key you have to make a copy on your own.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:19 PM

41 posts, read 58,366 times
Quote:
Yeah I would have had to catch one of the buses heading to JFK and then get on the airtrain. It was easier when I thought I would be permanently remote, but now I'm commuting again.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I feel you on the kitchen too. My house rule was always stay out of my kitchen and you do the laundry. Lol.

Oh and You can get a the extra key card. It’s a $50 charge, but you have to ask. The metal key you have to make a copy on your own.
Oh I already made copies of both keys and paid 27 that I wasn’t going to pay 50 that I was like nope

Old 07-27-2021, 06:18 AM

11 posts, read 13,623 times
Use a checking account and you won’t have to pay a convenience fee.

Quote:
Am assuming your apartment configuration is by the corner of the building. I peeped in the one across from me a 3 bed room and it the same kitchen as your but the same bed room line up. I have a 2 bed room too but my kitchen is different it feels very separate (which I like).

I was going to ask for the exact paint color, so I can get a paint pen to touch up the marks I’ve made too.

I have a few questions:
I was going to pay my rent a head of time and it told me a “convenience fee” of $30+. Is that normal?
I hear there’s a community center on the 12 floor. Is that true? And is there a bike room?
I only know about the community on the 2nd with the playroom next to the laundry.
Do we have access to the 8 floor terrace?

Feels like things in here is a secret.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:28 AM

726 posts, read 812,480 times
For those living here the A train is actually a few blocks away. It’s the Grant Ave station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery