Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2021, 10:01 AM

47 posts, read 56,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
Hi! Can I ask, after one blue slip, does your housingconnect say withdrawn or rejected?

I turned down an apt at 5241 center and on housingconnect it said I "rejected" the unit offered to me. I'm just wondering if this will negatively impact my other lotteries in any way.. I mean I would've withdraw my application had I know about the process more or the agent was more forthcoming. I was only offered a unit after HPD approval and without a viewing or a say in the apartment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janexstasy View Post
Yeah, i withdrew from the Astor too.

Now that you know you've made it to HPD approval with a different building i'd remain real positive and patient with this building.

Did you sign a one year lease with OBS? If so, i can see why it may be nerve wrecking as your lease may be up soon
Yes, I signed a one year lease and hoping the timing works out for when it’s ends!
Need to withdraw from approval from Astor as the more i think about the location it’s not the best and probably won’t be built up for a few more years.

Hoping that even thought I was approved by HBD and withdraw my application it won’t effect OBS approval.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 10:06 AM

325 posts, read 394,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justelese View Post
Yes, I signed a one year lease and hoping the timing works out for when it’s ends!
Need to withdraw from approval from Astor as the more i think about the location it’s not the best and probably won’t be built up for a few more years.

Hoping that even thought I was approved by HBD and withdraw my application it won’t effect OBS approval.
It won't affect your application with OBS. Rejecting or withdrawing just gives the agent the green light to proceed with the next log#.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
It won't affect your application with OBS. Rejecting or withdrawing just gives the agent the green light to proceed with the next log#.
Good to know! Thanks for all the insight!

Hopefully these agents will respond to my email soon.

Old 07-15-2021, 10:17 AM

9 posts, read 8,241 times
Quote:
I had my eligibility appointment on 06/08. They reached out to me on 7/08 (exactly one month later) stating that unit 5D was available and was assigned to me. I accepted the assigned unit immediately and was emailed back my file was getting ready to be sent out to HPD. Then on 07/09 the assigned unit was no longer available. I was offered apartment 28D, 29D, 2E and 3E. I declined and withdrew my application.

You should be hearing from there soon. I believe there's only two agents handling the lottery.

Good luck
Oh…I was offered either 5D or 7D, I chose 7D and was told that there’s no more upper floors available.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaileyt View Post
Oh…I was offered either 5D or 7D, I chose 7D and was told that there’s no more upper floors available.
Nice and congrats! Once the unit it assigned - they'll prepare your file for HPD approval.

You have a lower log # than i do as to why it wasn't available for me. I wasn't offered 7D.
Just 5D, 28/29D and the two E units.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:19 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,841,345 times
Congrats! This is a very nice high end building!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaileyt View Post

Old 07-23-2021, 01:22 PM

Finally having my eligibility appt. on Monday- since I haven't done this for any other lotteries can someone give me some insight what happened? Is it jus to review documents and then submit to management?

Seems like that are finally moving through the log #s

Old 07-23-2021, 02:53 PM

580 posts, read 729,380 times
Congrats guys! Hope y'all enjoy.

Can anyone provide a link to One Blue Slip? Curious to see what it looks like. I only have the Two Blue Slip link which also looks very nice.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post

Can anyone provide a link to One Blue Slip? Curious to see what it looks like. I only have the Two Blue Slip link which also looks very nice.
I've attached it below

Old 07-23-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post

sure thing - here you go!

https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/1723
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery