Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 11:16 AM

3 posts, read 6,664 times

Advertisements

Thank you lots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 10:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,847 times
Angry I've been waiting a whole entire year as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieOxen View Post
I’m a bit confused on this. I’ve heard that once someone gets selected they view the apartment pretty soon after and if things need to be fixed they’ll let you know during that viewing interview. in my case I got selected and nobody called me so I called the development and they tell me once the apartment is ready they’ll call me. But some of the girls here in my shelter looked at the apartment first then waited. I didn’t look at anything. I’ve been selected since March, I’m like how long is it going to take to repair an apartment???? I been in the shelter for exactly a year now longer than anybody else here.

The development is Polo Grounds. Idk if I should complain to city council if that’ll do anything.... I’ve been patient but idk if I can do another summer in this hot ass shelter, walking up multiple steps with a stroller and my 6 month old while security just watches you struggle. We can’t even have an ac in our room, no access to stove to cook and aren’t even allowed a pass to spend a night out. I know it’s a shelter not luxury but I’m just tired and want a home already.
So here's my story. My daughter is ADHD, and on the spectrum of autism! I've called my development. Aka ( the polo grounds to get some information. I've been certified for a whole year! And they tell me nothing is available, or they do not have any information to give me! It's terrible. I live in terrible conditions with my baby and something's gotta give. I've been patient. Now I'm just sad. I pray every night. I wish my story could've ended happily like hers. But I'm still waiting.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:57 AM

3 posts, read 6,664 times
Hey question does anyone know if a voucher for furniture once you get the apartment is offer to you? Thank you in advance.

Also congratulations to everyone who has received the apartment lots of blessings to all.

Old 09-17-2021, 08:19 PM

26 posts, read 24,500 times
That s what they tell people or hang up or place on hold and not answer. What i found out is wait time can be up to 5-10 years after you certified and after 2 years you can change development selection and keep on waiting. So basically wait is 2 years after certified etc etc etc

Old 10-16-2021, 02:17 AM

3 posts, read 2,890 times
I was selected to butler houses . they told me to wait until they call me to view the apartment .i wonder hiw long will that take

Old 10-22-2021, 04:03 AM

37 posts, read 54,587 times
I am CB and log 8XX
Let’s see

Old 12-13-2021, 03:53 PM

32 posts, read 20,097 times
Hi do anyone knows what certified for 4 rooms mean? Doesnt mean 4br right

Old 12-13-2021, 04:24 PM

76 posts, read 114,696 times
It’s a two bedroom I’m certified for 3 and it’s a one bedroom

Old 12-14-2021, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,453 times
Got 3 building choices in Brooklyn I chose all 3 but No interview yet am I still far from a call?

Old 12-15-2021, 05:26 PM

32 posts, read 20,097 times
Does anyone know the wait for a 2 bedroom in Brooklyn? Priority N0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery