Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 09:14 PM

76 posts, read 114,592 times

Advertisements

I’m certified to a borough wide waitlist u have to wait for a development to pick u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 6,764 times
Man i really wish they would call me for an apartment already

Old 04-26-2022, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 1,889 times
Default hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milagros0926 View Post
Will be seeing it Friday ! So excited, only waited 5 months !
P pray that they hurry with these situations. I waited 14 years for an interview because was living in housing with my daughter{still am}. I am now 63 and they finally certified me to the UPACA 5 site in Manhattan, a 1 bedroom. This was on Nov 12 2021. I am hoping they call me soon. This is a building for the elderly, I passed by there and it looks clean and the neighborhood nice. Trying to wait patiently.

Old 04-26-2022, 03:39 PM

109 posts, read 120,999 times
im applying to everything lotteries and nycha. I already reside in nycha on my mom's lease. i applied to nycha last year and my application says received. does that mean i was picked for an development and under review? if so how do i find out the development name? does not say which one.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:09 AM

3 posts, read 2,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty076 View Post
im applying to everything lotteries and nycha. I already reside in nycha on my mom's lease. i applied to nycha last year and my application says received. does that mean i was picked for an development and under review? if so how do i find out the development name? does not say which one.
No it means they received the application. You have to wait for NYCHA to call you for an interview. That’s when they’ll ask you to send them all the documents they asked for. Once you do that and you’re approved, your status will change into certified. Certified means that you’re eligible for housing. Then you’ll have to wait for a development to select you. Since you’re already living in NYCHA with your mother, you’re placed low priority so it may take you years.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:28 AM

4 posts, read 2,953 times
Hey
Would anybody know how long is the wait once you
have an interview with NYCHA. I had applied in 2018 and I'm scheduled for a interview next week. Will I still be on the waiting list. I'm in the shelter and my priority is N0.

Old 11-14-2023, 07:56 AM

3 posts, read 1,228 times
Default Housing Authority Wait-list for New York City Housing Authority

Miserable
I became Homeless from a Jewish State Court Justice in 2003, who wanted new home buyer that moved next door in 2002, feel like a rich white person, and not like a poor Jewish person, living next door to a person of Color.

They wanted to move into rich white Christian positions, where no Blacks allowed kind of thing. This made them feel rich and empowered.

on the other hand I had a business, had been homeless for decades until this business and housing were available. Had a black man objecting of course and wanting to push his way into my deed gave the then new Jewsish neighbors empowerment against me.

This is another new home buyer. I sandwich between two idiots. They could not mind their business and stay in their home. The white Jewish one was the worst because more Jewish people have jobs and black people and important places. And Jewish people always support their own regardless of whether the person is wrong or right. And this is precisely what happened.

From 2003 to 2023 I have no business, no furniture, I know housing. I regardless of whatever I into Court the judges either identified with the person creating crimes against me, and view me as some kind of patient person dealing with Nut Job brothering them. Although I have never knocked in their doors for anything.

I have never gone knocking on people's door for money and bothering the rich white Jewish people next door, and running over to the black middle class people on the other end of me begging.

I've been portrayed as something that I've never been accepted as in my culture and from my education and people I meet. I have been depicted as a pure and simple a n*****.

And I've gone through all kinds of Courts to clear this matter up, get back my house which of course was sold to a friend of the person taking me to court.

I applied several times for public housing while in the women's shelter. My house has been sold and nothing came to me out of the sale

Funds went to attorneys that the judge appointed on behalf of her friends. I realize I needed a space that was private why could fight this Court issue. So far no luck. New York City Housing Authority told me in 2010 that my housing applications have been blocked. An executive issue that information to me. I applied again in 2018 the application stays with you for a year, and then it's expunged.

I was just taking a chance. But my first application was in 2005, they would not process the application as usual. My first interview for the New York City Housing Authority was in the 19th '80s. They said that they could not rent an apartment because I was a single individual.

And this is for an apartment in Williamsburg Brooklyn. At the time they said they only allow people with family. Since then everything has changed but yet although it has changed I still can't get housing.

I received the section 8 housing voucher and two 2010 I transferred the voucher to New York City Housing Authority. They did not let me rent any apartment. They placed me on a wait list. They asked me did I commit any crime. I told them no, they told me that I have been expunged from New York City Housing Authority waitlist or any apartment there of.

I went to apply in another state for housing. This was another house Authority development in another state. They had mixed income housing. It was very nice by lake, you can go boating, and they were boasting some multicultural thing that appealed to me because I'm a multiracial multicultural person.

The waitlist was coming into fruition. I was going to be called off the waitlist in 2023 in the summer.

I was so overjoyed. They told me they will ask you three people ahead of me. I really could care less as long as I was getting close and closer out of where I am. When it was finally my time to get called, there was no response from them except the background check. I approved the background check, and haven't heard from them. I called the Housing Authority in that State, and they said I'm still on the wait list. It seemed as if they were going to have housing because they were busy renovating did the project development and have plenty of apartments available. I guess that this is just another phantom of my imagination the housing is available for me in the United States.

I recalled often wake up to that day when I turn 10 years old and thought this was a new world for me a new beginning. It would only be eight more years from my 18th birthday. I could leave home with a job, have my own apartment and start my own family. Little did I know that I was in viewed as a n***** when it came to getting a job, and a nuisance to the white community.
I feel that I could have had a family and a future had I been in a country where I'm similar to the population there and the culture of respect for other groups and races.

If I had known yesterday what I know today, I would have sold everything that I inherited I moved to another state or country.

Today I'm in a room that is 10x8. Even a horse has a bigger space. I hate my life, I can't stand seeing anyone, and there's so much hate that I don't even want to be bothered with anything.

This is a good lesson for people who have Jewish people moving next door to them. Beware of these White Jewish people. They're extremely prejudice, and they have friends in the courts, and nonprofits, and the banks, and they have Blacks that will do anything for them. They are hateful people and they need to be avoided if you are a person of Color ambitious and industrious.

What has to be very careful where one lives when they live next door to them because if anything happens you do not win a legal fight with them they have their friends everywhere even in the courts of appeals and even from
whites that are not Jewish will support them.

No Housings from 2002 to 2023 Iin like to be called off of the civil service for a well paying job. Everything is going to one group of people. We are not realizing anything good and productive we have done. Our time was wasted. This is just by a Jewish person living next door and objecting to moving next door to a black. There should have been more Black justices.

When doing my court applied I never used both race and religion togeather. However, this really was racism. I just didn't want decent people to get hurt through the actions of an idiot or group of idiots being privileged.

Although I have been basically discreet, I have had Jewish people come up to me in my eating area to tell me I am an anti Semite. This is after my house is busted up and then afterwards I am taken to Court as a ****** whose ownership in property is bringing down the property Values by holding a seed in her names.Next the filed that Iam a disable person on City Property Files available to the public.Thus is how they started getting in to City files and property tax payments.

From 2002 into the present 2023,I don't have any housing. They thinks it is all funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery