Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 05:46 PM

269 posts, read 335,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyZ View Post
I am in the process of being "processed" for a a few months now and they have never called me. All of their communications to me have been via email. They are notorious for not answering or responding to calls and emails, especially if your number hasn't been called yet. I think the person who wrote they got "called" just meant their number was called. Correct me if I am wrong. It is strange that they have started contacting people after your number though. Is there any reason why you may not qualify?
I got a phone call in November. Seemed like a screening because of a timing matter. I said yes (as to the timing) but no apartment info could be shared. The offer email followed that same day. I understood that had I said no to the timing question, I would have been offered the next available place.

Still enjoying my place BTW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 09:37 AM

23 posts, read 26,672 times
My log number is 21xxx and I just received this email:

“ Good Morning Yasmin,

Thank you for your continued interest in the StuyTown Lottery. Unfortunately, we have not reached your log number at the moment. In addition, we are unable to provide a timeline of when we might reach you.

We begin the tenant selection process immediately following the waitlist notification containing your log number.

Your wailtlist number (log number) is your place on the list. We begin in chronological order from number 1.

However, the wait list will be in effect until February 2023. We have until then to reach out to you.

If/when we reach your log number, we will contact you via email or mail whichever method you chose on your application.

No further action is required.”

I wonder how they haven’t reached mine yet since I’ve seen others with similar log numbers.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:04 AM

4,776 posts, read 6,579,361 times
It could depend on what size apartment you're going for.

Old 02-07-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
It could depend on what size apartment you're going for.
That makes sense. I’m guessing based on our size we would need a 3BR

Old 02-07-2022, 12:59 PM

The three bedrooms are very rare.

Old 02-07-2022, 03:29 PM

86 posts, read 91,264 times
Well in your prior post you said your log number was 2,1XX and in this post you said it’s 21,XXX - They just got to the 2000’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotizedddddeyes View Post
My log number is 21xxx and I just received this email:

“ Good Morning Yasmin,

Thank you for your continued interest in the StuyTown Lottery. Unfortunately, we have not reached your log number at the moment. In addition, we are unable to provide a timeline of when we might reach you.

We begin the tenant selection process immediately following the waitlist notification containing your log number.

Your wailtlist number (log number) is your place on the list. We begin in chronological order from number 1.

However, the wait list will be in effect until February 2023. We have until then to reach out to you.

If/when we reach your log number, we will contact you via email or mail whichever method you chose on your application.

No further action is required.”

I wonder how they haven’t reached mine yet since I’ve seen others with similar log numbers.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang11 View Post
Well in your prior post you said your log number was 2,1XX and in this post you said it’s 21,XXX - They just got to the 2000’s
I could have sworn I put 21,000 this whole time. My apologies. I saw someone say they were 23xxx unless I read it incorrectly

Old 02-08-2022, 12:25 PM

Yes, you must have misread it. The person said 2,300. If I were you, I wouldn't plan on moving to Stuy Town unless a miracle occurs. My number is right near yours.

Old 02-10-2022, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Yes, you must have misread it. The person said 2,300. If I were you, I wouldn't plan on moving to Stuy Town unless a miracle occurs. My number is right near yours.
Yeah when I initially saw the 21,000 log number I felt the exact same way. I’ll never get there

Old 02-11-2022, 08:46 AM

145 posts, read 136,499 times
After waiting since November i was offered an apartment today and i have to deny it since i signed a lease for a different building
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery