Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2021, 01:16 PM

41 posts, read 62,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudsinger711 View Post
Hi all! I’ve just gone thru the process log# under 300. I have been doing these lotteries for 10years. This one went fast!!! Was offered a lease maybe 4 weeks after I was contacted for initial eligibility paperwork. Had to go back and forth several times as they were asking for more info. Got the congratulatory email for a 1bedroom. Totally renovated new stainless steal appliances. No microwave though. Updated bathroom. Floors were not new but whatever. The finishes are on the classic side of things but new and quite nice. You can tell the apartment used to be a flex 2 bedroom because of the lines on floor where makeshift walls used to be. Rent is around 1750 rent stabilized, Utilities included but an additional AC surcharge. . Please feel free to ask questions I’ll check this blog periodically. I believe in transparency to help everyone out with this grueling process.

Took a bike ride to get a feel for Neighborhood and I loved the serenity can’t wait to meet new community.
Good luck to everyone!!

Wow - congratulations!!! And thanks so much for the updating the rest of us! Just 2 questions:

1. How were you able to see the floor markings - were you given photos of your own unit or did you get to see it in person? I believe someone mentioned earlier that they were only provided photos of a model unit since it was still being renovated.

2. What kind of additional docs did they request and how long did they take to review after you submitted them? I'm in the 290s and was just asked to provide additional documents last week (and I submitted them yesterday).

Thank you again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 01:44 PM

64 posts, read 95,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudsinger711 View Post
Hi all! I’ve just gone thru the process log# under 300. I have been doing these lotteries for 10years. This one went fast!!! Was offered a lease maybe 4 weeks after I was contacted for initial eligibility paperwork. Had to go back and forth several times as they were asking for more info. Got the congratulatory email for a 1bedroom. Totally renovated new stainless steal appliances. No microwave though. Updated bathroom. Floors were not new but whatever. The finishes are on the classic side of things but new and quite nice. You can tell the apartment used to be a flex 2 bedroom because of the lines on floor where makeshift walls used to be. Rent is around 1750 rent stabilized, Utilities included but an additional AC surcharge. . Please feel free to ask questions I’ll check this blog periodically. I believe in transparency to help everyone out with this grueling process.

Took a bike ride to get a feel for Neighborhood and I loved the serenity can’t wait to meet new community.
Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats! I was also contacted today with an offer (similar rent/might be the same). The rent seems a bit high compared to my income so I called StuyTown. I was told that rent amounts were not based off income but rather based on location. I am waiting for a follow up call/email on some other questions. If you don't mind me asking, what location were you offered?

Old 06-29-2021, 02:12 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
Congrats to those getting called, and thank for sharing details!

If anyone is offered an apartment and is curious about the location, I can offer my opinion if it's good, bad, etc. You can private message me if you don't want to post your address on the open board.

Old 06-29-2021, 02:32 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,840,418 times
I found this on YT, PCV 3B2B, it's very spacious! https://youtu.be/lnNEPLcdepg

Old 06-29-2021, 02:35 PM

41 posts, read 62,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I found this on YT, PCV 3B2B, it's very spacious! https://youtu.be/lnNEPLcdepg
I don't think those are the apartments up for rent via the lotto - this is probably a little more accurate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FBa...B83118&index=2

Old 06-29-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr19 View Post
I don't think those are the apartments up for rent via the lotto - this is probably a little more accurate:
Yes, don't get your heart set on that Peter Cooper Village apartment unless you want to pay $6,000 a month! That apartment has the platinum finish. The air conditioners are set through the wall, rather than through the window. Plus the open kitchen is part of the living room.

Also, it looks to me that a small third bedroom has been added somehow. (This is an NYU apartment.)

I think the video rr19 posted is close to the lottery apartment, except that the appliances are being upgraded to stainless and, for some reason, no microwave is supplied.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:04 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,840,418 times
Oh I thought they also offered affordable housings in PCV too. My bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Yes, don't get your heart set on that Peter Cooper Village apartment unless you want to pay $6,000 a month! That apartment has the platinum finish. The air conditioners are set through the wall, rather than through the window. Plus the open kitchen is part of the living room.

Also, it looks to me that a small third bedroom has been added somehow. (This is an NYU apartment.)

I think the video rr19 posted is close to the lottery apartment, except that the appliances are being upgraded to stainless and, for some reason, no microwave is supplied.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Oh I thought they also offered affordable housings in PCV too. My bad!
They might be offering apartments in PCV, I'm not sure. But not the platinum finish. All the lottery apartments have the classic finish but with stainless appliances.

Old 06-29-2021, 04:02 PM

272 posts, read 534,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post

What I notice when I look at these pictures and videos as far as the kitchens isn't so much that there is no microwave but that there is just about NO KITCHEN, LOL! I guess that what makes the microwave so important because there isn't much prep space in the kitchen. So a microwave is probably what most people will get the most use out of.

Old 06-29-2021, 04:34 PM

It’s not the biggest kitchen but it’s very efficient. It is hard for two people to be in there at once, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery