Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2022, 09:13 AM

239 posts, read 321,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlfrombk11212_ View Post
After waiting since November i was offered an apartment today and i have to deny it since i signed a lease for a different building
Yeah, I knew you were in the mix with a similar log as my lottery #. Too bad but, you got something else and, as long as you are happy with it, I guess it worked out for you. I was in a similar situation and, as soon as Stuytown offered, I got a call to submit docs to another property. Bird, in the hand is my mantra! Wouldn't be surprised if I get calls from other lotteries I entered. I pulled out of some already but, do want to see what kind of numbers I get for 101 West End and Gotham Point for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2022, 09:37 AM

145 posts, read 136,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLNYC1 View Post
Yeah, I knew you were in the mix with a similar log as my lottery #. Too bad but, you got something else and, as long as you are happy with it, I guess it worked out for you. I was in a similar situation and, as soon as Stuytown offered, I got a call to submit docs to another property. Bird, in the hand is my mantra! Wouldn't be surprised if I get calls from other lotteries I entered. I pulled out of some already but, do want to see what kind of numbers I get for 101 West End and Gotham Point for example.
The one they offered to me was a two bedroom on 655 14th street on the first floor. But that’s crazy the timeline of these apartments getting back to you is undeniably crazy. You most definitely will because i was called for another building on housing connect i applied to in September after i signed the lease. It’s definitely nice they sent me the floor plan and pictures like you mentioned above and said move in date can be soon

Old 02-11-2022, 03:47 PM

151 posts, read 199,777 times
Seems like a lot of the apartments are on 14th Street lately

Old 02-11-2022, 04:16 PM

4,770 posts, read 6,560,761 times
Yes, I have noticed that too, but actually some of the apartments with a 14th Street address are located inside the complex and don't actually face 14th. And 14th Street isn't that noisy lately now that the L train repair is finished. That was rough.

Old 02-13-2022, 09:43 AM

29 posts, read 32,422 times
Default 14th Street

It would make sense that they are enovating vacancies in batches. Keeping the renovations centered around one locale would make things more efficient.

Old 02-15-2022, 12:28 PM

25 posts, read 29,246 times
Hi guys,

I last October I submitted my paperwork and nothing yet. I just received an email about not having any 1bd available at that moment. My log in # is 11xx

What numer can I call to be able to get some more info?
I’ll also try to contact them by email.

Old 02-15-2022, 03:19 PM

239 posts, read 321,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonidabc View Post
Hi guys,

I last October I submitted my paperwork and nothing yet. I just received an email about not having any 1bd available at that moment. My log in # is 11xx

What numer can I call to be able to get some more info?
I’ll also try to contact them by email.
Emails, won't work but, you can try the number. 212-253-3680, I had some luck finally getting through and made contact with Syed, who was EXTREMELY helpful. Once, he took a look @ my case and it was assigned to him, it took about a month for everything to be finalized, including lease signing! I did however get a 2 bedroom and, those are more readily available. I had luck very early on Thursday's when I finally got a human being on the line!

Old 02-16-2022, 10:21 AM

345 posts, read 853,245 times
I don't know if this question has been asked before. I was looking at my confirmation on the 2021 waitlist with my Wait list number. I noticed that it has a line, "This will be your log number for the duration of this lottery, which is active for a period of two (2) years." Does this mean that this lottery will end in 2023? The list will no longer exist.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:20 AM

269 posts, read 334,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10025 View Post
I don't know if this question has been asked before. I was looking at my confirmation on the 2021 waitlist with my Wait list number. I noticed that it has a line, "This will be your log number for the duration of this lottery, which is active for a period of two (2) years." Does this mean that this lottery will end in 2023? The list will no longer exist.
Yes, it expires. However, I was on the 2018 list and it must have gotten extended because I got a 1BR in 2021. In December of 2020 I got an email asking to confirm that I wanted to be on the Wait List. Then my application to move process was April to November. Now I'm here and I don't miss the waiting at all. Good luck everyone!!

For the record I was ~1,000 on the 2018 list and it took 2.5 years until documents were requested. Moving much more quickly on 2021 list. BTW, my 2021 log number was ~17,000. I was very lucky!

Old 02-18-2022, 07:50 AM

345 posts, read 853,245 times
Thanks for the info Sunnyand50.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery