Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 12:46 AM

26 posts, read 16,805 times

Advertisements

These buildings are under Spring Leasing which has been shown to be very unreliable when it comes to other properties.

I was contacted in April 2022 for first batch of documents, then contacted for 5 day documents in July of 2022. Viewed and accepted a studio unit a week later. Even met the buildings Super who walked me through the unit. Was told my documents were sent to HPD. Called and contacted weeks later to be told there was no info as of yet. Continued to call to be met with the same. In Spetember i contacted HPD to be told the property was HDC not HPD as the leasing agent told me. Contacted HDC to be sent a generic email about log numbers and to contact my agent for further information. My status on HC changed to Under review a week after that. I contacted the leasing agent a week later and was told your file is officially with HDC could be a week or two get ready to sign you lease.

September turned to October to November..still under review...still weekly calls but now I was getting voice-mail. I sent another email to HDC compliance. Agent called me back two days later and said his supervisor told him I called HDC and to just be patient. One week later agent called back and said HDC said my documents were expired and I needed to redo everything within another 5 days. I said I can have it in a day.

Next day I called to ask if I needed my doctor's note since those are good for up to a year just to be told I and been waitlisted. After all of that. 5 months after seeing what was supposed to be my unit.

Devastated doesn't even begin to explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2023, 05:23 PM

24 posts, read 11,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chprincess09 View Post
These buildings are under Spring Leasing which has been shown to be very unreliable when it comes to other properties.

I was contacted in April 2022 for first batch of documents, then contacted for 5 day documents in July of 2022. Viewed and accepted a studio unit a week later. Even met the buildings Super who walked me through the unit. Was told my documents were sent to HPD. Called and contacted weeks later to be told there was no info as of yet. Continued to call to be met with the same. In Spetember i contacted HPD to be told the property was HDC not HPD as the leasing agent told me. Contacted HDC to be sent a generic email about log numbers and to contact my agent for further information. My status on HC changed to Under review a week after that. I contacted the leasing agent a week later and was told your file is officially with HDC could be a week or two get ready to sign you lease.

September turned to October to November..still under review...still weekly calls but now I was getting voice-mail. I sent another email to HDC compliance. Agent called me back two days later and said his supervisor told him I called HDC and to just be patient. One week later agent called back and said HDC said my documents were expired and I needed to redo everything within another 5 days. I said I can have it in a day.

Next day I called to ask if I needed my doctor's note since those are good for up to a year just to be told I and been waitlisted. After all of that. 5 months after seeing what was supposed to be my unit.

Sorry to hear that what was your log # and ami? They told me that they had a 1 bedroom for me and i see a unit this friday my process started from November initial docs to jan 4th additional docs and yesterday i got the 5 days noticed and submit today . I know somebody that got in a studio maybe they are all out of studios within your ami

Old 01-10-2023, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chprincess09 View Post

Also do you remember what was in your 5 days notice if you can remember what it consisted of?

Old 01-11-2023, 05:44 PM

33 posts, read 41,194 times
I just received a message to submit documents. My lottery number is 10xxx. Since I am a 40% AMI, I can't imagine they have units I can afford.

Old 01-11-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creighbaby View Post
I just received a message to submit documents. My lottery number is 10xxx. Since I am a 40% AMI, I can't imagine they have units I can afford.
It doesnt hurt to send in documents you never know what they have left especially since it consists of two buildings my log number is 25x though somebody i know with #7x just got approved from hpd today so theres luck

Old 01-18-2023, 07:02 AM

Heres a update guys im 50% ami theres only stuidos left & nomore 1,2, or 3 bedrooms left in that bracket. i need a 1 bed because its 3 of us smh if you need just a studio good luck! Just got the email today currently in no process with any other buildings smh back to the beginning.

Old 02-08-2023, 09:41 AM

301 posts, read 215,321 times
Has anyone moved into this building?

Old 02-10-2023, 09:11 AM

I would like to update everyone that there is no parking available at all. They are not giving the tenants access to the parking lot.

Old 02-11-2023, 09:31 AM

34,135 posts, read 47,370,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg713 View Post
I would like to update everyone that there is no parking available at all. They are not giving the tenants access to the parking lot.
From the C of O for 1018 Beach 20th:

"A TOTAL OF 63 PARKING SPACES TO BE PROVIDED WITHIN SAME ZONING LOT LOCATED AT 19-38 CORNAGA AVENUE OF WHICH 20 PARKING SPACES IS DESIGNATED FOR 1018 BEACH 20TH STREET AND 43 SPACES IS DESIGNATED TO 19-38 CORNAGA AVENUE."

Did they give any reason as to why the tenants will not be able to access the parking spaces?

Street parking is almost non-existent in this area.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-11-2023, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
From the C of O for 1018 Beach 20th:

"A TOTAL OF 63 PARKING SPACES TO BE PROVIDED WITHIN SAME ZONING LOT LOCATED AT 19-38 CORNAGA AVENUE OF WHICH 20 PARKING SPACES IS DESIGNATED FOR 1018 BEACH 20TH STREET AND 43 SPACES IS DESIGNATED TO 19-38 CORNAGA AVENUE."

Did they give any reason as to why the tenants will not be able to access the parking spaces?

Street parking is almost non-existent in this area.
I asked multiple times and was given no reason at all. My leasing agent told me that there is officially no parking with the property at all. I saw that street parking is very bad nearby, which is why I will be passing on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: