Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2022, 09:10 PM

72 posts, read 91,847 times

Advertisements

anyone sent credit report is experian equifax and transunion with free one copy is okay?
Or absolutely should be paid reports only ? (they can check easily)
over 50 docs uploaded still counting lol
i hope CB is reached log#9xxx ?????
or wasting my time
why all emails ends via hard time you have 5 days or canceled ???
what was latest CB log number?

anyone have a gotham spreadsheet like this for center blvd ?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gG8/edit#gid=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2022, 11:16 PM

5 posts, read 7,424 times
Hi all,

I saw somewhere in this thread that the affordable units in this development do not feature a washer and dryer like the market rate units do. That got me thinking: How else do developers typically distinguish affordable units from market rate? Do affordable units tend to be grouped to the lower floors, for example? Is a market rate one bedroom larger than an affordable one bedroom? Let me know what else you’ve seen/picked up on—I’m curious…

Old 07-23-2022, 08:01 AM

644 posts, read 741,537 times
There are so many ways they differentiate unfortunately.
1) Cheaper kitchen appliances and finishes
2) Exposed appliances in buildings where they’re part of the cabinets
3) Cheaper bathroom finishes (ex, smaller mirrors, cheaper tub sometimes plastic looking
4) No washer and Dryer in units
5) In buildings with water or city views, lottery apartments usually face the opposite direction or another building to the side.
7) Only available in lower floors sometimes
8) The apartments can be smaller or have weird layouts

And am sure there are other ways. Not all buildings do this but I have noticed these practices in many of them.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:03 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits129 View Post
Hi all,

I saw somewhere in this thread that the affordable units in this development do not feature a washer and dryer like the market rate units do. That got me thinking: How else do developers typically distinguish affordable units from market rate? Do affordable units tend to be grouped to the lower floors, for example? Is a market rate one bedroom larger than an affordable one bedroom? Let me know what else you’ve seen/picked up on—I’m curious…
I’ve seen quite a handful of lotteries with market rate and lottery units being exactly the same and with the lottery apartments scattered throughout the building, but I’ve also seen and have read about differences. I’ve seen minor differences like no W/D in units to no views.

The worst I’ve read about was about a building within a building containing a poor door where lottery tenants were not allowed to share amenities and we’re isolated by a keyed elevator to certain floors only.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:29 PM

25 posts, read 32,098 times
Has anyone signed a lease or moved in yet?

Old 07-28-2022, 08:34 AM

5 posts, read 7,424 times
I just handed in all requested documents after much back and forth and I guess it’s all under review now.

Does anyone have a sense for a timeline after submitting all docs? I mostly ask because I’m going to be out of the country in a few weeks for just over a week, and I worry that the development will ask me to come in person or something. If I’m not able to, will they disqualify me and skip over to the next person? Or would they hold my place in line until I get back?

Not sure if I should update the person I’ve been communicating with. I don’t know if that will help me or backfire. Thoughts?

Old 07-28-2022, 02:30 PM

218 posts, read 474,058 times
I was just called to submit paperwork. Can someone tell me if the rent includes everything except electric?

Old 07-29-2022, 07:33 AM

218 posts, read 474,058 times
4,XXX CB pref

Old 07-29-2022, 01:13 PM

72 posts, read 91,847 times
?? 3 different person 2 diffrent emails asking mostly same docs but some different should we ask for merge?
And what they processing now 1 beedroms or 2 bedrooms
we are 3 ppl now but soon 4 ppl
can we ask managaement?
@abcdefnewyork
great log# via CB pref good luck

Old 07-31-2022, 11:28 AM

25 posts, read 32,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candycobain View Post
No one on this thread has said if they actually moved in or not I have a very low log number but no preference and they haven’t gotten back to me since may I haven’t heard of any lottery tenants moving in at this point it seems like a scam they asked for paperwork’s for months and no one has actually moved in all workers were fired and no longer with company something very weird is happening with this lottery
It looks like someone moved in recently and updated it on the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...KXA/edit#gid=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery