Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 08:21 PM

72 posts, read 91,194 times

Advertisements

for our CB preference AMI %50 we fall in to,
by mistake of management goes to %80 for us and mentioned on HPC site as no unit remain at %80 AMI
but correct AMI is %50 for us

Just trying appeal but no response yet, (one
And after no unit available we contacted by Elizabeth and told after correction she ll contact again but never happened?
Do anyone know what is appeal email or contact?
A housing ambassador org contacted via email but no clear instructions :S
IS THERE ANYONE AT %50 AMI FOR 1B (hope thats not filled also a mistake that not ours ) way higher LOG# having lease when we are out for complete insane docs and confusions (they add 2020 to 221 raise income to %80 and bump no unit wth)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 10:09 AM

3 posts, read 5,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
I assume you viewed a studio? Did you consider a 1 bed even though it's already more than you wanted to pay? I think it's probably more for your money. You could also request to view more than the one studio and see if the agent is willing to accommodate.
(Edit: I should've read your previous post about the studio/1 bed but will leave this in case someone else finds it helpful.)
Unfortunately I only qualify for the 80%AMI studios and 1bedrooms (which are all filled), I don't qualify financially for the 125%AMI 1 bedroom which there seem to still be some available - and there was only 1 125%AMI studio left for viewing, which is the one I saw and decided to turn down.

Wish I knew how exactly they calculated the bump in income that punted me from the 80% to 125% AMI bracket!

Old 11-22-2022, 11:58 AM

958 posts, read 937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeckerbus View Post
Hi all, as a short update, I've decided to decline and withdraw my application for this lottery (kinda seems crazy knowing my odds of getting this far but wish the best of luck to whoever gets called up next, and hope I can share any insight here for anyone else looking to make decisions)

I went to see the apartment this weekend - met an Anya on-staff (super nice and kind, as was building staff) who showed me the site, amenities, and building. Melissa followed up by phone call today asking how the viewing went and if I was still interested in moving forward.

To sum it up, the space (while beautiful and on a high floor with a nice window view) seems too small for my personal budget with getting unexpectedly bumped up to a higher AMI bracket. also the 7 train didn't happen to be running this weekend so I ended up making a 30-minute or so brisk walk from the nearest train - a heads up for any regular commuters. I found it a hassle and taxiied home as I didn't want to repeat a long walk in freezing temps.

re: the apartment - it was on the left most corridor of the 22nd floor and it was about 350 sq. feet, and had an alright view overlooking the Eagle+West apartment complexes and the river if you crane your head to the right.

The laundry is on the 4th floor and even though it's an elevator building, seems like it'll be a bit of a trek (plus the slightly odd feeling of knowing you'll be marked out as someone in a housing lottery apartment since all the other market rate apartments have W/Ds in unit). Costs were about $2.75/load.

Anya mentioned a full size bed could fit in the space - but it would be basically be squished in between the window and the dishwasher/start of the kitchen counters. Unless you really pull off some interior design wizardry, this looks to be choose either a bed or a couch, but not both situation.

For my 125 AMI bracket amenities would be 900/year - the coworking space was really nice and empty. You would also get access to a gym, but it's currently still being built and also in the North Tower, so you would need to make a small trek over once it's done. Anya mentioned this 900/year fee would be lower for lower AMIs.

Not for everyone, but I'm sure someone out there can and will want to make it work - so good luck to the rest of you still waiting!

I've attached some pictures I took of the space in case anyone is interested as well.
https://imgur.com/a/uXOfw4u
I hate that these buildings seem to do that with the washer dryer stuff. Making a distinction between lottery tenants and market rate tenants. I don’t blame you for bowing out.

Old 11-22-2022, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 3,980 times
I was asked to see the studio as well. I was told only $1600 studios are left at the moment. How small are the studios? I’m seeing many people declining the offer.

Old 11-22-2022, 06:48 PM

412 posts, read 594,710 times
They just didn't do the floorplans well. Even the one beds all seem to be oddly shaped so a lot of unusable space. Hopefully north tower is better but I doubt it.

doubledeckerbus - I would totally reach out and ask them to show you the calculations. Also ask if you can be kept on the waitlist for 80AMI. You never know!

Old 11-23-2022, 02:26 PM

264 posts, read 314,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeckerbus View Post
First off, thank you to everyone sharing their insights/experiences here. I have been applying to several apartments in Queens and Brooklyn on and off over 3-4 years, and it seems I've gotten lucky with my Gotham Point South Tower application. The timing of the marketing agency/leasing office for Gotham Point seems unusually unpredictable and long from other forums I've read.

Sharing my info here to help out anyone else in the process - good luck if you are!
----

My Log Number is #17xxx with CB preference, 80/125 AMI.

my timeline:

December 2021 - applied to the lottery on Housing Connect site

Sept 8, 2022 - I received a text and email that my application was chosen to be processed and I was invited to submit documents over the Housing Connect portal. I've prepped obsessively so I had nearly everything that was listed on the site submitted in an hour.

November 17-18, 2022 - I received a call from Melissa (yes very nice, as others reported here) to submit a few more documents (note: they WILL ask for things like crypto and venmo receipts, and ask for an explanation of deposits and need to get it notarized once they go over your accounts). I emailed her the documents requested and uploaded them to the Housing Connect portal as well (thanks for the heads up on this everyone). I also answered an income questionnaire over the phone.

So far, I've asked and been told - all 80% AMI apartments have been filled. Bummed as I was hoping for this bracket, as I technically qualify for the 125AMI studio but I am scraping the bottom of the bracket there.

I am scheduled to check out the 125%AMI studio shortly; will try to report back here when I do. Props to RGC74 and many others for sharing so much detail.

**one more edit: I asked how long it might take to hear back once I submitted all extra requested documents - I was told maybe a month or so (!)

-----

Also if anyone is curious, my log # for the North Tower is #80xxx. yikes! wondering what my chances would be to be called in for an 80AMI apartment there...
My apologies for responding so late to this, as I have vacated this thread for obvious reasons, lol.

It is always my pleasure to help others as so many have helped me. I see that you declined your offer and it’s totally understandable why - as beautiful as the buildings and area are, those studios are just ridiculously small.

Best of luck to you in your continued search. Something better is waiting for you.

Old 11-29-2022, 07:36 PM

46 posts, read 63,132 times
Hey guys , I just got a notification to upload my documents. I only qualify for 50% ami studio/ 1br , I’m confused because I’ve been reading that only 1600$ studios are left.

Old 11-29-2022, 07:41 PM

151 posts, read 131,436 times
Update on behalf of my grandma. She got asked to submits documents and submitted about 2 weeks ago. Then today got a call from an agent named Dioni asked to go to the building for an interview and asked her to bring all the documents she already submitted. Does anyone have any insight on this? Will she be shown the apt as well?

Old 12-04-2022, 06:50 PM

72 posts, read 91,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morimori View Post
Hey guys , I just got a notification to upload my documents. I only qualify for 50% ami studio/ 1br , I’m confused because I’ve been reading that only 1600$ studios are left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikilove185 View Post
Update on behalf of my grandma. She got asked to submits documents and submitted about 2 weeks ago. Then today got a call from an agent named Dioni asked to go to the building for an interview and asked her to bring all the documents she already submitted. Does anyone have any insight on this? Will she be shown the apt as well?
Yes they do show after documents

seems Gotham south still processing CB preferences
would you mind what is your LOG# and Preferences?

Old 12-05-2022, 11:46 AM

46 posts, read 63,132 times
My log number was 1**
City worker
No cb preference

I just got an email to sign off on some paperwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery