Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2022, 09:06 AM

8 posts, read 10,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliriano View Post
Hi, My Log number is in the 3xx what are my chances to get apartment? I’m really still trying to understand this process. I have no preference but I’m either going to get a one bedroom or studio because I live by myself. I am not a local or a city employee nor do I have any disabilities
Your chances are next to zero if you don’t live in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2022, 10:15 AM

29 posts, read 33,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulUser2022 View Post
Your chances are next to zero if you don’t live in the city.
I do live in the city!

Old 01-03-2023, 02:09 PM

does anyone know what numbers they are up to?

Old 01-03-2023, 07:57 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,650,859 times
Quote:
does anyone know what numbers they are up to?
I don’t know what numbers they are up to. But there are many answers to your question for this lottery. Did you mean for log#s with Community Board preference or not? There are answers to included all of the following: First there are four unit sizes, studio to 3 bedroom. Then there are five AMI% levels 30%, 50%, 80%, 125%, 165%.

And, this is Community Board preference 50% lottery which skews the order of log#s such that a very high log# with CB preference might take a unit. For example, the luck of the lottery might mean log# 10,000 with CB preference takes 2 bed unit at 125% AMI. But, it would be confusing to say, ‘they are up to log# 10,000 for the lottery’ because there is so many other moving parts else going on.

You might benefit from reading or rereading the Handbook on Order of Processing, and Porcessing of Applications.

I also don’t know if they have filled all the 50% set aside for Community Board Preference for studios and 1 bedrooms. This would be a major benchmark that makes thinking about it more simple.

Sorry it’s not more simple.

Old 01-04-2023, 01:08 PM

3 posts, read 3,172 times
Log 13xxx, got requested to sumbit the docs. How quickly this lottery is moving if anyone could help? Thank you.

Old 01-04-2023, 01:10 PM

347 posts, read 357,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoriana22 View Post
Log 13xxx, got requested to sumbit the docs. How quickly this lottery is moving if anyone could help? Thank you.
Do you have CB or any other preferences? What is your AMI and apartment size(s)? Once you list that info, it will help you get relevant answers and help others understand where they may be in this process.

Old 01-04-2023, 07:09 PM

72 posts, read 91,224 times
our low Log ## with CB prefenrence i belive intentionaly killed by south tower
no more response to email after we said our income is not 90k that you put us that AMI. by mistake and said no units remain
correct is 45k our 1040 all paper works
HPC and many housing advocacte we filled complain
nothing comeback still waiting
this ppl corrupted seems to us
I wrote both state senate and city council district 26 (lic) and waiting for answer
rediculus this lottery thing is setup go find a insider or no chance

Old 01-04-2023, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janjan2020 View Post
our low Log ## with CB prefenrence i belive intentionaly killed by south tower
no more response to email after we said our income is not 90k that you put us that AMI. by mistake and said no units remain
correct is 45k our 1040 all paper works
HPC and many housing advocacte we filled complain
nothing comeback still waiting
this ppl corrupted seems to us
I wrote both state senate and city council district 26 (lic) and waiting for answer
rediculus this lottery thing is setup go find a insider or no chance
This lottery works and many people have successfully moved in to lottery apartments. The housing lottery has changed their lives. Most unfortunately, your posts are very difficult to follow. You have posted many, many complaints that are impossible to understand. There are people here who can help you, but, regrettably, the obvious conclusion is there is a communication issue between you and the agent that can't be overcome.

Old 01-06-2023, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
I don’t know what numbers they are up to. But there are many answers to your question for this lottery. Did you mean for log#s with Community Board preference or not? There are answers to included all of the following: First there are four unit sizes, studio to 3 bedroom. Then there are five AMI% levels 30%, 50%, 80%, 125%, 165%.

And, this is Community Board preference 50% lottery which skews the order of log#s such that a very high log# with CB preference might take a unit. For example, the luck of the lottery might mean log# 10,000 with CB preference takes 2 bed unit at 125% AMI. But, it would be confusing to say, ‘they are up to log# 10,000 for the lottery’ because there is so many other moving parts else going on.

You might benefit from reading or rereading the Handbook on Order of Processing, and Porcessing of Applications.

I also don’t know if they have filled all the 50% set aside for Community Board Preference for studios and 1 bedrooms. This would be a major benchmark that makes thinking about it more simple.

Sorry it’s not more simple.
Without community board and my log number is 3xx

Old 01-06-2023, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Without community board and my log number is 3xx
300 is a very good number. Based on the people who have used the worksheet below, it appears they are up to 2-digit numbers in the non-CB pool for the south lottery. However, there are many variables that no one has access to. If all apartments in your API have been filled by the CB pool, you will never hear from them. The higher your AMI, the better your chances because more people have lower AMIs and those units fill faster.

However, to further complicate this, I see you have also posted that you have a number 3XX in the North Tower lottery. While this is not impossible, it is extremely rare for you to receive similar numbers for both towers. If you did indeed get 3XX for both towers, and your AMI is 80+, you are in a good position to hear from at least one of these two Gotham residences. But I suspect there is something confused.

Gotham south tower entries:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...KXA/edit#gid=0

Gotham north tower entries:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kO4/edit#gid=0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery