Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 07:35 AM

7 posts, read 8,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
This says there are 463 rent stabilized apartments in the north tower: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/gotha...file_like_view
Oh, thanks! Hopefully this is true, there’s so much information left out of the listings so it’s been hard to determine what is included. For example, are any utilities included? Is it rent stabilized? This information is usually included in the listings but not for Gotham Point. I’m interested to see if anyone’s lease specifically says their apartment is rent stabilized
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2023, 11:32 AM

46 posts, read 63,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest2NYC View Post
Is limiting the tour of Unit/s is coming from the HPD/city? or Management dictatorship? Building Management mentioned that they are only allowing to show/tour 1 unit per applicant which you are qualified for.

I am trying to find a probable cause/ documentation saying “ Applicants have full rights to view all units available under certain income bracket they are qualified for.
How can I confirm or report with the HPD/city?

Scenario: I want to view all available units which I qualified for. Meaning all Studio units so that I can choose the unit with the best layout and view.

Please Help me with HDC city complaints contact details.
I heard that when they reach out to you for documentation, they already have a unit chosen for you. So all the other units are already set aside for other prospective tenants. It would be hard to let everyone see every single affordable studio unit available and it would delay the process to other prospective tenants.

Old 01-29-2023, 11:37 AM

347 posts, read 358,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morimori View Post
I heard that when they reach out to you for documentation, they already have a unit chosen for you. So all the other units are already set aside for other prospective tenants. It would be hard to let everyone see every single affordable studio unit available and it would delay the process to other prospective tenants.
Interesting - where did you learn this? Thanks!

Old 01-29-2023, 11:46 AM

46 posts, read 63,181 times
I heard it from my leasing agent , did your leasing agent tell you that you couldn’t view all the studio apts? Or what exactly did they say?

Old 01-29-2023, 12:29 PM

347 posts, read 358,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morimori View Post
I heard it from my leasing agent , did your leasing agent tell you that you couldn’t view all the studio apts? Or what exactly did they say?
I don't have a leasing agent; I'm waiting for my north tower low number to come up after CBs.

Old 01-29-2023, 06:51 PM

29 posts, read 33,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
Here: https://www.nyc.gov/site/hpd/service...an-income.page

Or, go to the buildings' lottery page and look at the chart that shows income level, rent, apt size. It's categorized by Annual Medium Income and these brackets can vary by lottery.
Oh okay so that mean I’m in the 30-40 AMI and my log number is in the 3xx

Old 01-29-2023, 09:23 PM

2,041 posts, read 1,656,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lliriano View Post
Oh okay so that mean I’m in the 30-40 AMI and my log number is in the 3xx
For the lottery where you are 3xx, do you know how many units there are at 30-40 AM1 that fit your household size? Do you qualify for any preferences? often the most important one is the Community Board preference.

Old 01-30-2023, 01:42 PM

47 posts, read 62,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDelloro View Post
Oh, thanks! Hopefully this is true, there’s so much information left out of the listings so it’s been hard to determine what is included. For example, are any utilities included? Is it rent stabilized? This information is usually included in the listings but not for Gotham Point. I’m interested to see if anyone’s lease specifically says their apartment is rent stabilized
Yeah, the unit is rent stabilized, it’s in the lease - no income recertifications either so if your income goes up afterwards you’re still paying the lottery rate. For utilities you’re just paying electric, internet is free via Starry.

Old 01-30-2023, 08:23 PM

7 posts, read 8,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno17 View Post
Yeah, the unit is rent stabilized, it’s in the lease - no income recertifications either so if your income goes up afterwards you’re still paying the lottery rate. For utilities you’re just paying electric, internet is free via Starry.
Oh wow, that’s really good! Free internet is a great added amenity that I haven’t seen mentioned before. So you don’t have to pay for heat or AC either?

Old 02-04-2023, 08:07 AM

32 posts, read 24,100 times
anyone hear anything? log number theyre up to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery