Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 11:44 AM

957 posts, read 935,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by measy718 View Post
yea I looked at it on Google maps and its literally across the street from NYCHA public housing projects which is a huge turn off for me. I've lived near projects for too long. I dont even see any grocery stores nearby, actually just one and it doesnt look to appealing. I hope to hear from residents about their experience
It’s located in a food desert. There’s a stop and shop by cropsey avenue if I’m not mistaken. Coney Island is the hood. It’s the projects and the mentality of people living there that makes the area so unappealing. My dad lived there and moved last year. Seagate is much quieter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2022, 04:21 PM

15 posts, read 10,464 times
Sorry for late reply.
The building is really well maintained, everything is new there. I think they still working on recreation room (there should be a couch/sofa, TV, refrigerator ). There are also laundry room and bike room. To be safe there are cameras. The building is built recently (2021) and there are still a lot of empty apartments. As I said everything looks new and clean. Windows are big if to compare to old buildings.
We did not move yet(we are in process, I hope next week), but people whom I saw there look ok for me. I think OP Girlfrombk11212_ should know more about tenants. Yes, there NYCHA public housing projects across the road, but also I saw a lot of Russian speaking elderly people.
We paid only 1st month rent and security deposit. The process started in February and we got keys in July. There are ton of papers you have to fill, sign, some of them notarize, mostly my husband was dealing with it. I think that the most important thing is to show that you income is in that range to get an apartment.
Yes, it seems there is only one store KeyFood, but for me it is ok, anyway we usually order products from Amazon Fresh.
I post only few photos here, because mostly I did video.

Spoiler

Old 07-25-2022, 07:45 AM

12 posts, read 12,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zudesM_8 View Post
Sorry for late reply.
The building is really well maintained, everything is new there. I think they still working on recreation room (there should be a couch/sofa, TV, refrigerator ). There are also laundry room and bike room. To be safe there are cameras. The building is built recently (2021) and there are still a lot of empty apartments. As I said everything looks new and clean. Windows are big if to compare to old buildings.
We did not move yet(we are in process, I hope next week), but people whom I saw there look ok for me. I think OP Girlfrombk11212_ should know more about tenants. Yes, there NYCHA public housing projects across the road, but also I saw a lot of Russian speaking elderly people.
We paid only 1st month rent and security deposit. The process started in February and we got keys in July. There are ton of papers you have to fill, sign, some of them notarize, mostly my husband was dealing with it. I think that the most important thing is to show that you income is in that range to get an apartment.
Yes, it seems there is only one store KeyFood, but for me it is ok, anyway we usually order products from Amazon Fresh.

Spoiler

Thank you! I submitted my paperwork - lets see how it goes. I took the commute from midtown via the train then the bus and I was surprised - the neighborhood didnt SEEM as bad as it looks on google maps. Do you know what floor you will be on? Whats the parking situation like? It looks like theres a parking lot there. What size apartment do you have? are the bedrooms a nice size? Thank you for any info

Old 07-25-2022, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zudesM_8 View Post
Sorry for late reply.

Spoiler

last questions. Is it central AC? It looks like it to me. Do you recommend any floors?

Old 07-25-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Thank you! I submitted my paperwork - lets see how it goes. I took the commute from midtown via the train then the bus and I was surprised - the neighborhood didnt SEEM as bad as it looks on google maps. Do you know what floor you will be on? Whats the parking situation like? It looks like theres a parking lot there. What size apartment do you have? are the bedrooms a nice size? Thank you for any info
We will live on 13rd floor. Maybe I am wrong, I but I think the higher floor, the better view from the windows, at least in our apartment we can see ocean, even the lighthouse of Sea Gate area)) In previous apartment we could see only brick wall or garages...
I didn't mention about parking lot, because we do not have a car, so yes, there IS parking lot.
The apartment is very compact, we have 2 small bedrooms (it looks like for 1 person) and 1 big bedroom for 2 people. If you are applying for 1bd apartment, I am not sure what size of bedroom you will get: smaller or bigger...
If you check my second photo, there is black box under the window. It is for air conditioner. Unfortunately you have to install your own AC, so there is NO central AC. About heating there are thermostats, so you can adjust temperature.

Old 07-27-2022, 06:48 AM

145 posts, read 136,339 times
My bedroom is actually big and spacious

Old 07-27-2022, 06:50 AM

145 posts, read 136,339 times
The people don’t bother me i just mind my business. We literally have like our own community in the back where we don’t need to be over there by the nycha. It’s a park and everything that’s behind the building. Just no food spots but everyone have their own preferences

Old 07-31-2022, 07:16 AM

How is the closet space in the apartments and bedrooms? Are the bathrooms nice sized? Is it safe to receive amazon packages? How long was the process from the time you submitted your documents to the time you got the keys? I just submitted by documents like 10 days ago. Still waiting to hear from them.

Old 07-31-2022, 08:41 AM

5 posts, read 3,716 times
Quote:
How is the closet space in the apartments and bedrooms? Are the bathrooms nice sized? Is it safe to receive amazon packages? How long was the process from the time you submitted your documents to the time you got the keys? I just submitted by documents like 10 days ago. Still waiting to hear from them.
They initially requested documents from me on July 19th and I submitted those by July 25th. They confirmed that they received everything and reached out two days later asking us to submit a different application packet for the building that was like 32 pages long. I just completed that and sent it in last night. They are pretty quick with the responses so I would reach out to them.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Bathrooms and closets are well sized. So far we did not get any problem to get packages from Amazon. They bring parcels right to your door and as I said before there are cameras everywhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: