Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 09:12 AM

300 posts, read 213,460 times

Advertisements

I just received a notice to send documents to this building and they are requesting a lot of information. I am unfamiliar with the area and wondering how safe it is and if the building is ran good? I just want to make sure it's worth my time before i submit all of these documents. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2022, 12:42 PM

3 posts, read 1,245 times
Hey everyone, to my surprise I received an email saying I was selected to submit additional documentation for my application to this property. However, I don't even recall applying. The email it was sent from seems to differ from the property management's website (bpneptune@twmt.biz instead of .net) and I was wondering if anyone could help me confirm whether or not it's legit.

It's possible I did apply and forgot, I went on a housing lottery rampage at one point and the email confirmation might have gotten lost. They do have accurate info on me, but you never know with scams these days. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it My log number was also very low. I hope it's not too good to be true.

Old 10-04-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedfable View Post
Hey everyone, to my surprise I received an email saying I was selected to submit additional documentation for my application to this property. However, I don't even recall applying. The email it was sent from seems to differ from the property management's website (bpneptune@twmt.biz instead of .net) and I was wondering if anyone could help me confirm whether or not it's legit.

It's possible I did apply and forgot, I went on a housing lottery rampage at one point and the email confirmation might have gotten lost. They do have accurate info on me, but you never know with scams these days. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it My log number was also very low. I hope it's not too good to be true.
My email is from the same email address and I am a little skeptical as well.

Old 10-04-2022, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 1,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg713 View Post
My email is from the same email address and I am a little skeptical as well.
I did manage to find this BP Neptune lottery announcement video on Youtube back when they first made their selections, and the description does have that address listed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4qFDEtvQ0w&t=1s

Strange!

Old 10-04-2022, 08:18 PM

15 posts, read 10,489 times
Quote:
I just received a notice to send documents to this building and they are requesting a lot of information. I am unfamiliar with the area and wondering how safe it is and if the building is ran good? I just want to make sure it's worth my time before i submit all of these documents. Thank you!
Ok, we already live here for 2 months, so far no problems and no regrets, except maybe some of our neighbors started to smoke and we feel it in one of our bathrooms-really strong smell masked by crazy strong perfume. We blocked the air vent and now much better, anyway we will let it know to superviser, but I am not sure if this problem will get solved, the building should have non smoking policy.
About safety, sometimes things happens like everywhere right now, but mostly it is pretty quiet area, personally I would not go to walk on Mermaid Avenue, but Neptune is ok and I love Kaiser park nearby 5 minutes by walk. In the building there is security at night on site, during the day there is always somebody from management or smth.

Old 10-04-2022, 08:22 PM

Quote:

I checked we got mails from bpneptune@twmt.biz AND later from ****@twmt.net

Old 10-04-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I did manage to find this BP Neptune lottery announcement video on Youtube back when they first made their selections, and the description does have that address listed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4qFDEtvQ0w&t=1s

Strange!
yes, I remember this video, there they said our names, we applied by regular mail.

Old 10-04-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zudesM_8 View Post
Ok, we already live here for 2 months, so far no problems and no regrets, except maybe some of our neighbors started to smoke and we feel it in one of our bathrooms-really strong smell masked by crazy strong perfume. We blocked the air vent and now much better, anyway we will let it know to superviser, but I am not sure if this problem will get solved, the building should have non smoking policy.
About safety, sometimes things happens like everywhere right now, but mostly it is pretty quiet area, personally I would not go to walk on Mermaid Avenue, but Neptune is ok and I love Kaiser park nearby 5 minutes by walk. In the building there is security at night on site, during the day there is always somebody from management or smth.
Thank you so much! I think I may have to pass on this one. That smoking issue is really annoying. Do you have a car? If so, what is the parking fee? The building seems to be really far from anything.

Old 10-05-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much! I think I may have to pass on this one. That smoking issue is really annoying. Do you have a car? If so, what is the parking fee? The building seems to be really far from anything.
About smoking today they promised to resolve this issue, we will see how it will be...
We do not have car, but they have parking lot what was recently expanded and as I remember it is free.
Yes it feels kinda far from anything, but we are ok with buses (b36 and b74) to Coney Island and there are some to Manhattan. I saw people taking green taxi to Coney Island - 3$

Old 10-05-2022, 02:10 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,650,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zudesM_8 View Post
About smoking today they promised to resolve this issue, we will see how it will be...
We do not have car, but they have parking lot what was recently expanded and as I remember it is free.
Yes it feels kinda far from anything, but we are ok with buses (b36 and b74) to Coney Island and there are some to Manhattan. I saw people taking green taxi to Coney Island - 3$
What is the status of the FERRY to Manhattan from Kerry (?) Park?

Sea Gate is a gate community not far away at the tip of Coney Island.

X28 & x38 buses to Manhattan:
https://new.mta.info/document/6916
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: