Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2023, 02:00 PM

83 posts, read 78,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyxo View Post
I’ve been doing my best to track the rate at which people are claiming units based on what people are posting here. If I did my math right, I’m expecting there will be 20-30 1 BR units still available when they get to me (I’m in the 21XXs).

It does feel a bit over-optimistic. And of course, this could fluctuate if suddenly more people accept or decline the offer of a unit. But hopefully it’ll be close to that number. It could also be that fewer people claim units in the winter as fewer leases are usually up in the winter. And on the flip side, it’s possible only very small units will remain, which is what happened to me with SVEN and One Blue Slip. That said, Brooklyn Crossing floor plans seem to be much better across the board.

Thought I’d share in case it’s helpful for others. Crossing my fingers!!!
Well, I truly hope your math is correct!! Both patiently and impatiently waiting for an e-mail. Yeah the layout I saw for a 1 bed during my sneak peek was a decent size!

Your luck with log numbers is amazing! But sad that they were small units..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2023, 02:05 PM

75 posts, read 96,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
I think it's really hard to predict how many are left based on what people are posting here. Remember, only a tiny percent of people vying for this (or any) building are represented on the forums. There is really no way to predict how quickly units are being filled by folks not on the forum.
I’m going off of how many were initially available, how many were remaining when I called at one point last year, and what someone posted in the last couple weeks about there being about 100 units left (total). Compared to the log number they reached at each point. About 4-5% of applicants tend to accept a unit offer in this lottery. But yes, there is definitely some speculation mixed in.

Old 01-12-2023, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by approveme View Post
Well, I truly hope your math is correct!! Both patiently and impatiently waiting for an e-mail. Yeah the layout I saw for a 1 bed during my sneak peek was a decent size!

Your luck with log numbers is amazing! But sad that they were small units..
I was amazed at my luck too! And then I realized both of those buildings had gone through a loooot of people because so many others rejected them (just like I did). Glad to hear that about BC!

Old 01-12-2023, 02:23 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,451,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyxo View Post
I’m going off of how many were initially available, how many were remaining when I called at one point last year, and what someone posted in the last couple weeks about there being about 100 units left (total). Compared to the log number they reached at each point. About 4-5% of applicants tend to accept a unit offer in this lottery. But yes, there is definitely some speculation mixed in.
Yes, you can guess. I also would guess that the people on here are not that representative of the applicant pool. People on the forums are probably more likely to accept a unit than someone not on here. We tend to be an eager (to put it mildly) bunch.

Old 01-12-2023, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Yes, you can guess. I also would guess that the people on here are not that representative of the applicant pool. People on the forums are probably more likely to accept a unit than someone not on here. We tend to be an eager (to put it mildly) bunch.
Right. What I meant by my last post is that I’m not using the people on this forum as a representation of the whole lottery, just the information different people have shared as far as what log number has been reached and how many totally units are still available. Like I said, looks like about 4-5% of applicants reached for docs accept units. I’m sure close to 100% of people on this forum would accept units. Hope that clarifies how I came up with the number.

Old 01-16-2023, 02:15 AM

36 posts, read 40,236 times
It’s been a few days now since anyone has updated this thread.. any update in anyone’s status.!?

Old 01-16-2023, 08:44 AM

83 posts, read 78,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Michael View Post
It’s been a few days now since anyone has updated this thread.. any update in anyone’s status.!?
Nothing yet but I’m log 17xx. You’re 15xx right? Did you hear back from them?

Old 01-16-2023, 09:50 AM

I was told from the MHANY office will hear back last Thursday or Friday but since have heard nada.

I just think my batch will have a move in date February 1st or 15th

Old 01-17-2023, 09:29 AM

I received an approval letter via email this morning! Those in the 1500 batches should be checking your emails

Old 01-17-2023, 09:55 AM

1,707 posts, read 1,451,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Michael View Post
I received an approval letter via email this morning! Those in the 1500 batches should be checking your emails
Congrats, welcome to the building!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery