Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2022, 06:44 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Whoa!!! How many months did they retroactive your amenities fee? If you don't mind me asking, how much is the amenities fee, is it $95/mo? Is it including using the outdoor pool or will they charge separately for that?
Just starting Dec 1st which is what they said in November, but they didn't actually charge us Dec 1st or that first week when our rent was due. It was just charged this week for me but it's effective Dec 1st. So I assume I may get another charge Jan 1st, we'll see.

It is $95 and includes all amenities, yes including the pool during summer. The only exception would be a few of the areas you can pay extra to reserve for private use like the party rooms or movie room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2022, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk28 View Post
I was shown 2 1br, one on 6 & 18. A studio on 7 i believe. I ended up choosing 6 because of the layout. Had a separate den for an office, bigger kitchen, more counter space, better layout imo. Not a great view like 18 but couldn’t say no to that layout hahaha. They sent my packet for approval yesterday - overall a 2 week process, they initially requested docs 12/6. Hoping its all smooth sailing from here!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
do you mean unit line 10, dont see a Den in the 06 line floor plans
I think they meant they saw units on the 6th, 7th and 18th floors and picked 6th floor, not 06 line. I could be wrong though.

Old 12-22-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I was shown 2 1br, one on 6 & 18. A studio on 7 i believe. I ended up choosing 6 because of the layout. Had a separate den for an office, bigger kitchen, more counter space, better layout imo. Not a great view like 18 but couldn’t say no to that layout hahaha. They sent my packet for approval yesterday - overall a 2 week process, they initially requested docs 12/6. Hoping its all smooth sailing from here!!
Assuming you were talking about the 6th floor, you could always ask if they have that same line/layout available on a higher floor. I was successfully able to get the exact same layout that I viewed significantly higher in the building and I've seen other on here share they did too. No harm in asking.

Old 12-22-2022, 07:17 PM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
I think they meant they saw units on the 6th, 7th and 18th floors and picked 6th floor, not 06 line. I could be wrong though.
Yes that is my assumption too. Hoping the person can post the actual floor plans they saw

Old 12-22-2022, 08:35 PM

4 posts, read 4,078 times
Quote:
Hahaha oh yes this is what i meant. Apologies, didn’t know what line meant or where to find that info

Old 12-22-2022, 09:57 PM

585 posts, read 583,989 times
Quote:
Hahaha oh yes this is what i meant. Apologies, didn’t know what line meant or where to find that info
Did u pick an apartment with floor to ceiling windows?

Old 12-23-2022, 02:54 AM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Line means the unit number you were shown.

For eg, let’s say hypothetically you were shown an apartment on the 10th floor and the unit number was 1006, that is the 06 line or series. So the unit line would be similar on some floors depending on the building.

Or it could be unit 10C, making the floor 10 and the unit C line.

Knowing that last two numbers or the alphabet can help others who are interested know what unit mixes are being offered. So if you could let us know which alcove unit was shown to you that would be helpful

Old 12-23-2022, 07:32 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
They started charging the amenities fee in December which is not bad, I thought they would draw it back in three months or so. $95/mo for everything including the outside swimming pool is very affordable though it sounded losing because you can only use the pool from May to September but it's still a good deal! Other buildings usually charged the outdoor pool seasonal & it's not cheap i.e. Astoria West $700/season!

Quote:
Just starting Dec 1st which is what they said in November, but they didn't actually charge us Dec 1st or that first week when our rent was due. It was just charged this week for me but it's effective Dec 1st. So I assume I may get another charge Jan 1st, we'll see.

It is $95 and includes all amenities, yes including the pool during summer. The only exception would be a few of the areas you can pay extra to reserve for private use like the party rooms or movie room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by approveme View Post
I had a sneak peek tour and the leasing agent said that the $95 includes everything and she said that there are probably around 100 lottery units left

Old 12-23-2022, 11:53 AM

16 posts, read 30,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyxo View Post
JamesA and Bk28 -- any chance you're able to share what unit lines you were able to select from? Some that were mentioned before in this forum/the Google sheet were 09, 10, 20, and 21. wondering if that's still the case. Thanks!
I saw 1 beds on lines 07 and 20. I love the 20 but it wasn’t that high of a floor and just looks straight at the roof of Barclays. Thinking back I should’ve asked if they had one higher but live and learn. Overall very happy with my choice nonetheless!

Old 12-23-2022, 03:03 PM

75 posts, read 96,210 times
Appreciate the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAA99 View Post
I saw 1 beds on lines 07 and 20. I love the 20 but it wasn’t that high of a floor and just looks straight at the roof of Barclays. Thinking back I should’ve asked if they had one higher but live and learn. Overall very happy with my choice nonetheless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery