Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2023, 03:12 PM

36 posts, read 40,135 times

Advertisements

My log number is 1524. I submitted all documents needed mid December and on Housing Connect my status shows Under Review still.

It’s been radio silence since December 18th.

Since I haven’t been rejected and I am sure if I was going to be rejected I would have know by now,

I am still hopeful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2023, 04:24 PM

9 posts, read 13,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Michael View Post
My log number is 1524. I submitted all documents needed mid December and on Housing Connect my status shows Under Review still.

It’s been radio silence since December 18th.

Since I haven’t been rejected and I am sure if I was going to be rejected I would have know by now,

I am still hopeful.

It's likely they've sent out docuement requests in batches and are just reviewing log #s that came before you. Have you been in contact with the marketing agency at all? If not, it's likely they will ask you for several more rounds of document requests. That's when you know they are pushing to move forward with your application.

Old 01-03-2023, 07:14 PM

Lucky for me all the required documents that are needed have been submitted.

I emailed MHANY and was told what I already know about my pending status.

All they did/ can do is check Housing Connect as I consistently keep doing. ( a few times a day everyday.) seeing my documents ( precious cargo ) is in HPDs ( all knowing ) hands, I am at the mercy of fate.!

Old 01-04-2023, 12:55 PM

9 posts, read 13,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Michael View Post
Lucky for me all the required documents that are needed have been submitted.

I emailed MHANY and was told what I already know about my pending status.

All they did/ can do is check Housing Connect as I consistently keep doing. ( a few times a day everyday.) seeing my documents ( precious cargo ) is in HPDs ( all knowing ) hands, I am at the mercy of fate.!
Was your file sent to HPD? If so, do you see your TIC uploaded in HC by admin?

Old 01-04-2023, 01:32 PM

My file was sent to HPD and I see that my TIC document has been uploaded.

Old 01-04-2023, 05:18 PM

16 posts, read 30,517 times
Well I was approved today for the apartment! Lease starts March 1st but hoping I can push it a bit longer. My timeline is updated I the excel doc for those curious

Old 01-04-2023, 05:35 PM

Congrats, I am really happy for you, this news made my night!

Two months out!!?? And this is for Brooklyn Crossing?
How many weeks from when you signed the TIC documents to getting approved by HPD.?

Old 01-04-2023, 05:41 PM

I’m looking at when you were required to submit eligibility documents, and it turns out I submitted the day before you did.

And document request for me was on the 15th and 16 December. I signed my TIC documents.

Seeing that you were approved today if my calculations serve me correctly, I should be approved tomorrow or Friday the latest

Old 01-05-2023, 09:59 AM

16 posts, read 30,517 times
Does anyone have any idea the rules regarding subletting in the building for 130% AMI? I thought the state regulations have to allow you to sublet, however I just spoke with the leasing agent and she said there will be a rider in the lease that strictly prohibits it. If so this might be a deal breaker for me since I intend on doing a year abroad in ~2 years. I asked them to send the lease over to read but if anyone has any further insights, it'd be appreciated.

Old 01-05-2023, 11:14 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,861,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAA99 View Post
Does anyone have any idea the rules regarding subletting in the building for 130% AMI? I thought the state regulations have to allow you to sublet, however I just spoke with the leasing agent and she said there will be a rider in the lease that strictly prohibits it. If so this might be a deal breaker for me since I intend on doing a year abroad in ~2 years. I asked them to send the lease over to read but if anyone has any further insights, it'd be appreciated.
Not in a position to look but I'm pretty sure it does not allow sublets of any kind - though I'm sure some people do it anyway. This is a portion of the email that was sent to us, and this was just for the holidays...

Guest Policy:
* As per your lease, short-term transient occupancies are not permitted and therefore guests should not be staying in the apartment while you are not present. If you need to have a petsitter or nanny stay in your unit for purposes of pet or childcare, please reach out to Management.
* The building staff is not permitted to accept and hold keys, other than the building’s KeyLink set, for any reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery