Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 08:55 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times

Advertisements

Anything is possible... In Summit, I knew a lottery winner got a 1BR unit with balcony in a higher floor!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
That's awesome and so happy for you, you deserve it and long overdue. I completely agree with you, it's unlikely that a lottery tenant will get such a layout but I don't think any of it is impossible. The fact is we don't know.

My last building was decent in terms of full service, certainly not as nice as BC but my apartment was an alcove studio - literally two separate rooms and friends would often try to convince me it was a one bedroom . In any case - I agree with you but who knows, maybe someone will get lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 09:01 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Anything is possible... In Summit, I knew a lottery winner got a 1BR unit with balcony in a higher floor!!!
Exactly.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:09 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Whoever gets this apartment really hit the lottery. It has a work from home space!

https://streeteasy.com/building/brooklyn-crossing/3710
My line does have a slightly smaller alcove in my 1BR right to the left of the front door but I do NOT have those multiple WICs . Similar to this: https://streeteasy.com/building/brooklyn-crossing/2307

I haven't put a desk there yet but I definitely could. It couldn't fit a bed though. This is why I picked this line, bonus space is invaluable in NYC.

Old 09-08-2022, 12:27 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
That's awesome and so happy for you, you deserve it and long overdue. I completely agree with you, it's unlikely that a lottery tenant will get such a layout but I don't think any of it is impossible. The fact is we don't know.

My last building was decent in terms of full service, certainly not as nice as BC but my apartment was an alcove studio - literally two separate rooms and friends would often try to convince me it was a one bedroom . In any case - I agree with you but who knows, maybe someone will get lucky.
I do know that at VIA 57 West quite a few lottery people got balconies with views to the river. When I was called I was hoping for one of those apartments but nope lol

Old 09-08-2022, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Dayum!

Old 09-08-2022, 12:29 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I do know that at VIA 57 West quite a few lottery people got balconies with views to the river. When I was called I was hoping for one of those apartments but nope lol
Yeah that's when a really good log number comes into play, which doesn't need to be low but just low enough, lol

Old 09-08-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
My line does have a slightly smaller alcove in my 1BR right to the left of the front door but I do NOT have those multiple WICs . Similar to this: https://streeteasy.com/building/brooklyn-crossing/2307

I haven't put a desk there yet but I definitely could. It couldn't fit a bed though. This is why I picked this line, bonus space is invaluable in NYC.
That is indeed beautiful!! You have been blessed!

Old 09-09-2022, 03:23 PM

15 posts, read 16,614 times
Hello all I'm happy to say I've moved in for over a week and its such a nice space, I am very happy

Old 09-09-2022, 08:22 PM

585 posts, read 583,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearlover View Post
Hello all I'm happy to say I've moved in for over a week and its such a nice space, I am very happy
Is there any free parking in the area? And are the ammenties being used crowded?

Old 09-09-2022, 09:17 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Is there any free parking in the area? And are the ammenties being used crowded?
There is free street parking on most of the surrounding streets but good luck grabbing a spot, and you'll have to deal with alternate-side parking. I had someone visit who arrived mid-day and she was able to find a spot without much trouble but I can imagine trying to find a spot mid-evening or when there is a large event at Barclays would be near impossible. Luckily, I guess, there are many garages around so if you need to bail on finding street parking you can do so. With all the trains right here though, I'd never want to bother with a car.

The amenities have not been at all crowed in my experience. Around sunset, the 27th floor deck frequently has a few small groups up there, maybe a total of 5-10 people. During the day the area is usually empty. I worked from up there today and saw 3 people over the course of like 3 hours. The gym is the most used between 5-7pm ish but even then its only 5-10 people. I went at like 8pm the other day and it was empty the whole time I was there. I've only ever seen a handful of people in any of the lounges at any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery