Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2022, 10:04 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times

Advertisements

If you basically like all of those three & will be happy to get offered by either of them soon then just grab whichever comes to you first. Tbh, all are great apartment buildings with its own pros & cons, no building is perfect after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyxo View Post
Thanks for all the input! And helpful update that you (unfortunately) still haven't heard from BC @someoneinqueens...

I do feel very fortunate to have multiple possibilities. I applied to basically every housing lottery available and got lucky with these. Most others my numbers like 10,000 or even close to 40,000 (RIP Varick St.).

My hope is that I can drag out the process for SVEN and OBS to hopefully hear back from BC...not that they're moving very quickly anyway lol. If not, I'll probably just go with one of the other 2 and still feel great about it.

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 09-16-2022 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 10:17 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
In terms of convenience and distance from the subway BC is better, followed by Sven. The train is kinda far from OBS, and your only option is the G pretty much. So it depends on what you care about lol

Old 09-16-2022, 10:29 AM

800 posts, read 729,081 times
Quote:
40xx for SVEN. I got contacted mid August. Upper 2XX for OBS and got contacted mid July. Very low number but apparently they're moving veeerrrryyy slow. Maybe I should reach out to them again...
Ooo we were probably part of the same batch for Sven!

Old 09-16-2022, 10:32 AM

75 posts, read 96,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
In terms of convenience and distance from the subway BC is better, followed by Sven. The train is kinda far from OBS, and your only option is the G pretty much. So it depends on what you care about lol
Yea the G situation is not ideal with it not running on weekends, but once that's back to normal (I think some time this fall?) then it's pretty convenient based on my poking around on Google maps.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
Ooo we were probably part of the same batch for Sven!
Ooh have you heard anything new?

Old 09-16-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Ooh have you heard anything new?
Nope nothing new for me besides the initial document request. But there were two other people with logs 3,6xx and 3,9xx that were reached out to the past 2 days to submit additional docs.

Old 09-16-2022, 12:02 PM

585 posts, read 583,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
So interesting to see other peoples pros and cons. I personally would love to be so close to Barclays! All the concerts I can easily go to
I've saw obs and I live in bc...obs is beautiful but and has water views but obs doesn't have better ammenties than bc and there's nothing around obs the nearest train is 20 mins away ...bc is near all the shopping and all the trains and on the other side of the building there are alot of independent small restaurants and shopping stores there is a busy side by Atlantic Ave and there is a quiet side by with all the brown stone houses on flatbush Ave there's no crime or homelessness by the building because the precinct and firestation is across the street

Last edited by goku23; 09-16-2022 at 12:51 PM..

Old 09-16-2022, 12:15 PM

Yeah see so I’m originally from LI and I’m used to having nothing walking distance from me. I’m in Astoria now but far from the subway. I wouldn’t mind OBS if I keep my car. But I’m trying to save some $ and that means getting rid of my car (I get anxiety just thinking about it but I need to let it go!) in which case BC/Sven or something close to transportation is a priority for me.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:25 PM

229 posts, read 241,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Whoever had the chance to live in this building and decided not to are out of there mind...lol ....the buildng location... the staff.. the upkeep of the building... the security ...the quietness.. the appliances and the design of the apartments...the ammenties...the floor to ceiling window views are all top notch...theres no noise and the materials used on the apartments are not cheap the walls are not thin
Brooklyn Crossing is one of the best lottery building on Housing connect. The developer didn't cheat on the appliances, size of the apartment, they actually offer beautiful views to lottery applicant and the building and amenities are just beautiful.

Old 09-16-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
I've saw obs and I live in bc...obs is beautiful but and has water views but obs doesn't have better ammenties than bc and there's nothing around obs the nearest train is 20 mins away ...bc is near all the shopping and all the trains and on the other side of the building there are alot of independent small restaurants and shopping stores there is a busy side by Atlantic Ave and there is a quiet side by with all the brown stone houses on flatbush Ave there's no crime or homelessness by the building because the precinct and firestation is across the street
It was just a 10 min walk to the G when I went to see OBS so I didn't think it was so bad. And a similar walk to get to the main strip of Greenpoint.

But yea, BC definitely has a lot more shopping, etc. nearby. And very reassuring to hear it also has a "quiet side." Thanks for sharing that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery