Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 06:23 PM

170 posts, read 168,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
Hey! I have a 50% AMI eligible/aiming for a 2 bedroom. It is for myself and my unborn son. Hope this helps! Best of luck to everyone!
First of all congrats to you and your expanding family. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Since I haven’t been contacted at all by Apex, I don’t know how this is gonna go but I’m glad this is working out for you. Im gonna read all your posts to see what I need to collect and submit via the site to be immediately prepared for The Call. Hopefully I’ll see you at the mailbox!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windybay98 View Post
One thing you can definitely do in the meantime is start to gather the documents that may be requested. You mentioned that you're in an abusive situation, do you currently have access to things like your birth certificate and social security card? Getting your documents together now will mean less headaches when it comes time to submit.

As an aside, is submitting a copy of your current lease and utilities bill no longer required? When I was still living with my parents it added extra hoops to jump through (i.e. having to get extra things notarized).
So I have been collecting personal items, the biggest hoop right now is my housing composition letter and a notarized letter from my parents. Tbh the landlord’s office gave me a regular document with names listed, last four digits of the occupant’s socials; mine included and then it’s signed. But like there’s no letter head nothing that makes it official so idk if that’s gonna count. I’m gonna try and get a notarized letter from my mother tomorrow and we will see how that goes. Is printing W-2s of TurboTax valid? Sorry for all the questions I just don’t know what I’m doing here but I’m willing to go for this bc staying here is more stressful than any of these hoops.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:01 PM

2,034 posts, read 1,650,859 times
These people might be helpful.

116th St Block Association:
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...ation%2C%20Inc.

Other Housing Ambassadors:
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...bassadors.page

Old 02-07-2022, 08:03 PM

290 posts, read 321,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celialexington View Post
I’m realizing just how much this is a carrot dangled on a string for us. This is very stressful, and that’s funny coming from someone who hasn’t been called or contacted or anything. I’m collecting documents and uploading them as we speak, to maximize time. I’m struggling with the leasing because I’d have to get my parents to notarize that, but I won’t squander this opportunity.
If you live with your parents and don’t have a leasing agreement then all you would need is a letter from your parents stating that you live with them and do not have a leasing contact and get that letter notarized. My mom will be notarizing the letter she wrote up tomorrow actually.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:06 PM

Quote:
First of all congrats to you and your expanding family. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Since I haven’t been contacted at all by Apex, I don’t know how this is gonna go but I’m glad this is working out for you. Im gonna read all your posts to see what I need to collect and submit via the site to be immediately prepared for The Call. Hopefully I’ll see you at the mailbox!
Awww!!! Thank you so much…so sweet of you! I’m keeping my hopes up for the both of us! Would love to meet on at the mailbox!!! I’ll continue to update my process in its entirety in the apex apartment forum… that way I can help as much as possible!

Old 02-08-2022, 10:06 AM

41 posts, read 58,366 times
Quote:
So I have been collecting personal items, the biggest hoop right now is my housing composition letter and a notarized letter from my parents. Tbh the landlord’s office gave me a regular document with names listed, last four digits of the occupant’s socials; mine included and then it’s signed. But like there’s no letter head nothing that makes it official so idk if that’s gonna count. I’m gonna try and get a notarized letter from my mother tomorrow and we will see how that goes. Is printing W-2s of TurboTax valid? Sorry for all the questions I just don’t know what I’m doing here but I’m willing to go for this bc staying here is more stressful than any of these hoops.
I would hold on to the document the landlord provided you just in case, but I think ceebvndy confirmed that you'll definitely need a notarized letter in lieu of a lease. As for the W2 I would try to get it directly from your employer unless you uploaded it to TurboTax and can download it. A lot of employers have moved to sending W2s electronically so you might have easy access to it through a website or something. Also don't forget to sign your tax returns before uploading, I made that mistake the first time. Feel free to ask all the questions you want, everyone here is super helpful. Best of luck, rooting for you to get this apartment!

Old 02-08-2022, 12:16 PM

214 posts, read 219,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windybay98 View Post
I would hold on to the document the landlord provided you just in case, but I think ceebvndy confirmed that you'll definitely need a notarized letter in lieu of a lease. As for the W2 I would try to get it directly from your employer unless you uploaded it to TurboTax and can download it. A lot of employers have moved to sending W2s electronically so you might have easy access to it through a website or something. Also don't forget to sign your tax returns before uploading, I made that mistake the first time. Feel free to ask all the questions you want, everyone here is super helpful. Best of luck, rooting for you to get this apartment!
I've seen reference to tax returns needing to be signed, but if we do them on a site like Turbo Tax and it's all electronic, what is considered "signed"? Do you just literally print them out and sign them somewhere at the end, even though (I believe) there's no actual space for it?

Old 02-08-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWorker4 View Post
I've seen reference to tax returns needing to be signed, but if we do them on a site like Turbo Tax and it's all electronic, what is considered "signed"? Do you just literally print them out and sign them somewhere at the end, even though (I believe) there's no actual space for it?
E-filing has e-signing. So, electronically signing would suffice.

Old 02-08-2022, 01:49 PM

214 posts, read 219,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebvndy View Post
E-filing has e-signing. So, electronically signing would suffice.
Okay, that's what I thought should be the case. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2022, 07:54 AM

Numbers out, 40,000+. I’m disgusted even though I have CB preference and 80-110 AMI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery