Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 02:21 PM

644 posts, read 733,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzii View Post
Ok. Is it a random selection because 3000 is a pretty high number. I was shocked they reached out for documents already with only 29 units. This building 1111 Foster ave, and ocean ave are my top picks so I have my fingers crossed!
It’s because the marketing agency handling this building usually asks a lot of people for documents but if your log number is high is less likely that they will reach out again. Maybe they do it to quickly cull through the elegible applications. Who knows. This is why sometimes people are “under review “ for months expecting to be contacted again but are not. I guess it’s a different style. A lot of agencies take care of applicants little by little
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 03:00 PM

191 posts, read 199,366 times
Oh wow. I was pretty excited when the emailed stated my application has been reached

Old 06-22-2022, 10:06 AM

5 posts, read 3,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffycookie View Post
If you submitted documents and it says “Under Review”, how long does it take them to reach back to you? Has anyone heard back yet?
I reached out to the agent today and they told me that they haven’t even started reviewing documents yet due to a technical issue with housing connect. Hopefully it gets resolved soon… They did assure me that they move quickly during the review.

My log is 13XX and I submitted documents 6/13.

Old 06-22-2022, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemDr View Post
I reached out to the agent today and they told me that they haven’t even started reviewing documents yet due to a technical issue with housing connect. Hopefully it gets resolved soon… They did assure me that they move quickly during the review.

Oh wow so that's probably affecting all the listings. Things have been slow this week

Old 06-22-2022, 07:43 PM

20 posts, read 10,495 times
Our log# is 8,xxx and no documents have been requested from us.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:27 PM

7 posts, read 7,464 times
19x here. I am so excited and really hope I am able to accept this apartment! I just turned down another studio managed by Reside (way too small) and would love to be able to get a one-bedroom or studio in this building!

Old 07-05-2022, 08:25 PM

16 posts, read 19,636 times
Quote:

Very helpful context, thanks for sharing!

Old 07-05-2022, 08:28 PM

16 posts, read 19,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboogie3308 View Post
I live nearby and I am pretty certain this building has the same management as mine. Pretty much the same fixings. It’s a nice building but the bedrooms look small. It has an island, washer and dryer, gym, etc. the ceilings seem low. The lobby is not complete but it looks nice.
The rooftop is nice and there is a also courtyard. I grew up here so as far as the neighborhood, I grew up here so I’m comfortable but starting to out grow it. It’s is around the crnr from 800 Flatbush and 815 Flatbush and a couple of other new buildings. The building is a crnr property of Bedford and Lenox. Bedford is quiet. Lenox has many large Buildings, many people know each other so You will find long time residents hanging outside of the buildings in the summer time. Like someone said there is a lot of police activity, but I don’t ever feel unsafe. There are 2 supermarket within a block, key food (I never shop there) on Flatbush and ideal on the next block on Bedford.
There is the 2/5 at Winthrop and the q prospect(or Parkside) but is a walk. If you able to secure building parking, do so, parking is hassle.
That’s all I can think about now. I know reside is handling the files, Rina is very efficient and responsive. Good luck!
Thank you for the thoughtful response! Out of curiosity - could you elaborate on what you mean by "outgrow"? Is it just that you've been there for a while and looking for a change, or something more specific about the neighborhood? E.g: is it more youthful vs family oriented, etc.?

Old 07-07-2022, 03:23 PM

5 posts, read 3,895 times
Update: They are reviewing documents for logs #1-400

Old 07-07-2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Update: They are reviewing documents for logs #1-400
Oh it’s nice they told you that. Most agents just tell to be patient.
I withdrew my application. Wasn’t too obsessed with this listing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery