Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2022, 12:35 AM

12 posts, read 8,102 times

Advertisements

hi everyone, so I signed a lease, and should be moving in next week. But I only learned monday of this week that some pretty shady bull**** went on behind my back. Someone changed the lease start date from august 1 to september first and both myself and this management company signed it. this is turning out to be a nightmare. I had to literally fight tooth and nail to terminate my current lease and i will essentially be homeless on monday, if they get their way. obviously there are a few layers to this story..im having i literal mental breakdown and its only getting worse as monday gets closer. what should i literally do guys? please dont come at me with call legal aid call housing court answers, all the obvious things as of course ive done so.. with to this writing not a single response from anyone. IM SO PISSED..
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2022, 04:36 PM

Tomorrow is the day. All I know is that the lease I have I my hand puts my start date as August 1 2022. Im getting crickets from the building management, the same management who's signature is on my lease, as well as reside New York. No legal aid group has replied to a single email or phone call I've made all week. I've truly lost all faith in any form of city or state run aid or service. This whole situation has really got me feeling a a certain type of way. My next option is, at least I think should be, is show up at the management office first thing tomorrow morning and ask for the keys to the apartment. If there is any issue, pull out the lease and remind them that both of us sign this lease. If issues continue, immediately leave the office and go to housing Court and speak to someone at the courthouse. Does anyone have any ideas for me please.

Old 08-01-2022, 03:32 AM

534 posts, read 419,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clebkny View Post
Tomorrow is the day. All I know is that the lease I have I my hand puts my start date as August 1 2022. Im getting crickets from the building management, the same management who's signature is on my lease, as well as reside New York. No legal aid group has replied to a single email or phone call I've made all week. I've truly lost all faith in any form of city or state run aid or service. This whole situation has really got me feeling a a certain type of way. My next option is, at least I think should be, is show up at the management office first thing tomorrow morning and ask for the keys to the apartment. If there is any issue, pull out the lease and remind them that both of us sign this lease. If issues continue, immediately leave the office and go to housing Court and speak to someone at the courthouse. Does anyone have any ideas for me please.
what is your log number and what apartment did you sign a lease for ? Do you know who was your point of contact at Reside and also who were you working with while signing the lease ?

Old 08-02-2022, 06:38 AM

13 posts, read 10,648 times
Last week I checked in w Rina and was told they are working on log# 700 and below.
Was super excited to be asked for documents but doesn’t look too bright lol for log # 27xx.

Old 08-04-2022, 02:15 PM

24 posts, read 25,134 times
For those who have moved in, how are you liking it so far? Are the walls thin? Is it noisy in this building? how is the building management? The amenities ?

I'm log # 17xx so I am not getting my hopes up too high but I am curious. I know the building is new so what ever questions that can be answered would be nice if possible.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:38 PM

i was log #54 and im still holding a lease for august 1st and they are not latting me move in. they are ignoring every attempt i make to reach out, althought they were nice enough to send me this little email disclaimer today:

Hi,
We wanted to inform you that the apt you applied for does not come with a washer and dryer in unit.

We apologize if you thought this was the case.

Please let us know if you are still interested in the unit or not.
Thank you
All the best,
Beitel Management

applied for? better it should say signed and have a lease for.

this housing lottery sh*t has got to be one of the worst things ive ever had to deal with. the stress is unbearable.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:52 PM

I love how the lottery ad even describes specifically "all 29 affordable units boast washer and dryer"

Im beginning to think they are f*king with me here..

Old 08-06-2022, 01:04 PM

191 posts, read 200,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clebkny View Post
I love how the lottery ad even describes specifically "all 29 affordable units boast washer and dryer"

Im beginning to think they are f*king with me here..
Are all the units without washers/dryer or just your unit? Since you have a low log I would assume you had options between units available.

Old 08-16-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzii View Post
Are all the units without washers/dryer or just your unit? Since you have a low log I would assume you had options between units available.
I was given the option for two units, unit "x" on floor "1" and unit "y" of floor "2" lets call them, both units weere identical. I requested unit "y2" but still was given "x1"

Ive essentially given up in trying to advocate for my right to move in since the lease i signed says august 1, But the minute i am settled into this apartment in september, im going to be damn busy building, what i think is a pretty good case here.

Old 10-04-2022, 01:06 PM

5 posts, read 2,975 times
Have all these apartments been allocated through Housing Connect. I submitted documents but never heard back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery