Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2023, 08:05 PM

49 posts, read 28,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredn25 View Post
did they come via fedex or was it delivery from the company? had issues getting COI from them?
Delivery from the company!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2023, 09:52 PM

118 posts, read 47,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze310 View Post
Delivery from the company!
you gave the deposit for the elevator or did the company provide a COI?

Old 04-21-2023, 12:02 AM

962 posts, read 939,680 times
Quote:
you gave the deposit for the elevator or did the company provide a COI?
The moving company has to provide the COI. Just ask whichever company you use if they can attach it to an email for you. Property management will let you know what information they need on it. It has to be specific though.

Old 04-21-2023, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
The moving company has to provide the COI. Just ask whichever company you use if they can attach it to an email for you. Property management will let you know what information they need on it. It has to be specific though.
I know how COI's work, my question is to see if anyone has used a company who gave theirs with ease because some companies are such a hassle when it comes to COIs although im just thinking of giving the 750 and be over with it

Old 04-21-2023, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 1,173 times
Hiiii. First post. Been following the thread for a while after getting contacted for documents in March. Definitely been a lot of help and useful information as I went through the process myself.

I got approved today and seem to be in the same position many people also found themselves in. I can’t get in contact with the person they gave me. set up time to see my unit. Any insight on what worked or how long this part of the process may take. Super excited.

Old 04-21-2023, 12:56 PM

962 posts, read 939,680 times
Quote:
I know how COI's work, my question is to see if anyone has used a company who gave theirs with ease because some companies are such a hassle when it comes to COIs although im just thinking of giving the 750 and be over with it
Um most of them give it without an issue because they know building management needs it if they ask. I used Piece of Cake moving. Just ask them to give it to you. I wasn’t the only tenant who used them to move my stuff in either. Don’t make it harder than it has to be.

Old 04-22-2023, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
Um most of them give it without an issue because they know building management needs it if they ask. I used Piece of Cake moving. Just ask them to give it to you. I wasn’t the only tenant who used them to move my stuff in either. Don’t make it harder than it has to be.
yes but thats a moving company. im talking about a delivery from a store like macys, raymour n flanigans, bobs or ashleys furniture. im not using a moving company as im buying everything new

Old 04-22-2023, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy11 View Post
Hiiii. First post. Been following the thread for a while after getting contacted for documents in March. Definitely been a lot of help and useful information as I went through the process myself.

I got approved today and seem to be in the same position many people also found themselves in. I can’t get in contact with the person they gave me. set up time to see my unit. Any insight on what worked or how long this part of the process may take. Super excited.
in my situation, they emailed me same day of being approved to ask when i could come see it. never had to call. next day i went to see it with the property management. I liked it , after i left i wen directly to work, to my surprise the lady had emailed me how everything went, i replied that it as great and I would take it. Next day i got the lease and I paid.

It took longer waiting for HDC.

Old 04-22-2023, 08:07 AM

536 posts, read 423,561 times
Quote:
yes but thats a moving company. im talking about a delivery from a store like macys, raymour n flanigans, bobs or ashleys furniture. im not using a moving company as im buying everything new
All these people do deliveries on the regular and have teams that will help you with the coi. Some buildings have particular requirements and you have to send these companies your building coi sample and they will match the requirements and send you the document

Old 04-22-2023, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
All these people do deliveries on the regular and have teams that will help you with the coi. Some buildings have particular requirements and you have to send these companies your building coi sample and they will match the requirements and send you the document
yes, but theres are some like Bobs that tend to give issues in supplying them or not providing accurate or specified info which leaves you in a last minute blunder as per reviews online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery