Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2023, 05:40 AM

49 posts, read 28,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirl94 View Post
That’s what I mean. They’re moving so fast through CB but still haven’t gotten to gen pop.
Ah copy. Well there can't be that many more left. She did tell me that there were 80 applications before mine and my process took about 2-3 weeks to process after she made that comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2023, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmundertones View Post
Will there be that many lottery units left once they get to the gen pop? I keep getting promo emails from The Arch building saying that there are only a few units left. Could that just be referring to market rate units?
The only thing that I am certain of is that the 3 bedrooms are gone from the 50% market.
The building is huge even though it looks small on the inside and the tenants that I ran into were all extremely nice.

Old 02-21-2023, 06:44 AM

84 posts, read 70,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze310 View Post
Ah copy. Well there can't be that many more left. She did tell me that there were 80 applications before mine and my process took about 2-3 weeks to process after she made that comment.
They’ve definitely been moving really fast, especially compared to other buildings.

Old 02-21-2023, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirl94 View Post
They’ve definitely been moving really fast, especially compared to other buildings.
I just signed my lease and paid my fee. Good luck to everyone else. Ill check in to see if any one has any questions on the units if they get selected.

Old 02-21-2023, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingD33 View Post
Lani was u able to find out the parking payments if it was monthy cost is 400?
Its 400 for cars and 200 for SUVs

Old 02-22-2023, 11:14 AM

13 posts, read 8,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze310 View Post
Its 400 for cars and 200 for SUVs
Omg! We are neighbors…
Congrats!
200$ for suv why thou?

Old 02-22-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly34381 View Post
Omg! We are neighbors…
Congrats!
200$ for suv why thou?
Yes we are!!!! Thank you hun. This was a great early piscean birthday gift to myself lol. I'm not mad at $200 I have an SUV. Apparently, ppl don't like parking their jeeps inside. That's what I was told any way.

Old 02-23-2023, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 4,191 times
Log number 2*, w/o CB preference. Do I have a chance?

Old 02-23-2023, 11:33 PM

958 posts, read 935,859 times
The parking spaces is $400 for a car, $500 for an SUV, $550 for a luxury vehicle but there’s a discount since it’s owned by a third party company.

There are discounts though.

The building so far I think a lot of the pet owners are nasty. They leave poop on the steps by the second floor and I saw urine by the elevator this evening. The carpet in the hallway is cracking and already has poop stains.

They moved in people who were formerly homeless, ex convicts and I believe other people in programs who are not the tenants in a specific amount of allotted apartments, but are the subletters (those apartments belong to the social services programs that get funding when they place their clients in “supportive housing”). A lot of those I’ve seen in these programs leave a lot to be desired.

The super Earl smokes in the building even though he himself likes to tell other tenants that they can’t smoke which is hypocritical to me.

The elevators tend to go out of service frequently when the porters are taking out the trash which tends to be between 5 pm and 7 pm (times tenants or subletters are coming back from work or school). So there tends to be a large crowd waiting for an elevator to go up even though there are three elevators in the building.

The doormen are all pretty cool, no problems with them.

Tenants can be selfish with the bellhop and not return it as a courtesy for other tenants to use which can be a pain in the ass if you have heavy things you need to transport to your apartment.

Some of the white tenants can be passive aggressive if you’re a person of color. They can tend to hold their bags or wallets closely or not hold the door open for you when you’re coming in. Another frequent thing I notice is that they’ll avoid going in the elevator with you if it’s just you and them waiting to go in it.

The second floor exit/entrance has a nasty urine odor because a lot of tenants with pets allow their dogs to urinate in the vestibule (this is the exit/entrance that leads to Union street).

Tenants don’t properly discard their garbage/package boxes and allow spills from liquids in their trash bags to flood the floor of the refuse room which makes it stink, makes the floor sticky and gives the workers more work to do.

There are a couple of other things I can add but it’s late. In fact you’ll probably notice the things I mentioned above if you have moved in or will be moving in.

Old 02-23-2023, 11:34 PM

958 posts, read 935,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmundertones View Post
Will there be that many lottery units left once they get to the gen pop? I keep getting promo emails from The Arch building saying that there are only a few units left. Could that just be referring to market rate units?
That’s in reference to market rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery