Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2023, 05:27 AM

13 posts, read 8,666 times

Advertisements

RGC74

Thank you for replying
This is so nerve-racking!
Will keep everyone updated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2023, 05:59 AM

49 posts, read 28,812 times
Default Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly34381 View Post
Hi I’m new here I apply for 1101 President st
Send in all my doc
Sign tenant certification yesterday for a 3 bedroom saw a unit # on it
What does this mean?
Log #3***
Hello,

I am in the same boat as you. They sent my application to HDC for approval for the 3 bdrm @ 50 % on Friday. Good luck to you! Hope fully well be neighbors lol. My unit was on the 3rd fl what about you?

Old 01-27-2023, 06:05 AM

49 posts, read 28,812 times
Default Info for you on 1101 President

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
You should try contacting the building management to see if someone can tell you where they are in their application process. There’s no way to know when they are moving into a particular group unless someone posts here that they were contacted and what group they’re in.

Best of luck!! You have a great log number.

When I asked my leasing person "what the time frame was before I heard back from originally sending her the eligibility documents... she told me that there were 80 applications before my log number. I am 4XXX with CB. I was told this 2 weeks ago. Since then I have already been asked to submit all of my addidtional documents and my app was sent in for approval on 1/20/23. That's all I really know besides the fact that there were roughly 143 apartments left at that time. I have been posting in this thread so you can see the time frame of everything to date.

Old 01-27-2023, 10:29 AM

95 posts, read 76,764 times
Can anyone help me understand why my file was approved and I was told I qualify for a 2 bedroom in the 50% ami, which means my rent should be $1,301. But when I meet with the management office in the bronx the rent on the lease is for $2,892. Is this normal for housing connect to say 1 rent but my lease from the management office to say another?

Old 01-27-2023, 10:41 AM

264 posts, read 314,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolee11 View Post
Can anyone help me understand why my file was approved and I was told I qualify for a 2 bedroom in the 50% ami, which means my rent should be $1,301. But when I meet with the management office in the bronx the rent on the lease is for $2,892. Is this normal for housing connect to say 1 rent but my lease from the management office to say another?
No worries, this happened to me and I assume many others. The rent on the lease is the market race price - what the rent would be for that area if it weren’t thru affordable housing. Check your deposit, it should say $1,301. Your rent will always be the same as your deposit. I’m thinking they put the market rate price on the lease for accounting/IRS purposes, maybe? But you won’t pay more than what’s listed on HC.

Congratulations on your new place!!

Old 01-27-2023, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze310 View Post
When I asked my leasing person "what the time frame was before I heard back from originally sending her the eligibility documents... she told me that there were 80 applications before my log number. I am 4XXX with CB. I was told this 2 weeks ago. Since then I have already been asked to submit all of my addidtional documents and my app was sent in for approval on 1/20/23. That's all I really know besides the fact that there were roughly 143 apartments left at that time. I have been posting in this thread so you can see the time frame of everything to date.
I see. Well, if your app went to the city, your manager should tell you if they received an approval for you yet, or not. The city sometimes takes 2 weeks or more to approve applications. And, since it was sent in, the group your management is working no longer matters - you’re about at the finish line.

Congratulations!!

Old 01-27-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly34381 View Post
RGC74

Thank you for replying
This is so nerve-racking!
Will keep everyone updated
You’re very welcome!! And yes, the waiting is the worst - I don’t even bother telling people to try not to stress over it because it’s so hard not to. But watch, when that approval comes thru, everything is going to move super fast, lol.

Old 01-27-2023, 11:48 AM

95 posts, read 76,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
No worries, this happened to me and I assume many others. The rent on the lease is the market race price - what the rent would be for that area if it weren’t thru affordable housing. Check your deposit, it should say $1,301. Your rent will always be the same as your deposit. I’m thinking they put the market rate price on the lease for accounting/IRS purposes, maybe? But you won’t pay more than what’s listed on HC.

Congratulations on your new place!!
Thank you so much for the clarity because no one could help me understand when I asked the office, I really appreciate it! Now I’m at ease

Old 01-30-2023, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolee11 View Post
Thank you so much for the clarity because no one could help me understand when I asked the office, I really appreciate it! Now I’m at ease
You’re very welcome!! And again, congratulations.

Old 01-30-2023, 11:52 AM

13 posts, read 8,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze310 View Post
Hello,

I am in the same boat as you. They sent my application to HDC for approval for the 3 bdrm @ 50 % on Friday. Good luck to you! Hope fully well be neighbors lol. My unit was on the 3rd fl what about you?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery