Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2023, 10:07 AM

15 posts, read 8,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
The parking spaces is $400 for a car, $500 for an SUV, $550 for a luxury vehicle but there’s a discount since it’s owned by a third party company.

There are discounts though.

The building so far I think a lot of the pet owners are nasty. They leave poop on the steps by the second floor and I saw urine by the elevator this evening. The carpet in the hallway is cracking and already has poop stains.

They moved in people who were formerly homeless, ex convicts and I believe other people in programs who are not the tenants in a specific amount of allotted apartments, but are the subletters (those apartments belong to the social services programs that get funding when they place their clients in “supportive housing”). A lot of those I’ve seen in these programs leave a lot to be desired.

The super Earl smokes in the building even though he himself likes to tell other tenants that they can’t smoke which is hypocritical to me.

The elevators tend to go out of service frequently when the porters are taking out the trash which tends to be between 5 pm and 7 pm (times tenants or subletters are coming back from work or school). So there tends to be a large crowd waiting for an elevator to go up even though there are three elevators in the building.

The doormen are all pretty cool, no problems with them.

Tenants can be selfish with the bellhop and not return it as a courtesy for other tenants to use which can be a pain in the ass if you have heavy things you need to transport to your apartment.

Some of the white tenants can be passive aggressive if you’re a person of color. They can tend to hold their bags or wallets closely or not hold the door open for you when you’re coming in. Another frequent thing I notice is that they’ll avoid going in the elevator with you if it’s just you and them waiting to go in it.

The second floor exit/entrance has a nasty urine odor because a lot of tenants with pets allow their dogs to urinate in the vestibule (this is the exit/entrance that leads to Union street).

Tenants don’t properly discard their garbage/package boxes and allow spills from liquids in their trash bags to flood the floor of the refuse room which makes it stink, makes the floor sticky and gives the workers more work to do.

There are a couple of other things I can add but it’s late. In fact you’ll probably notice the things I mentioned above if you have moved in or will be moving in.

Yeah I checked when I heard SUV's were $200 and the guy said he would give it to me for $400 lol. I don't have an SUV but I'm guessing the discount depends on who's there at the time.

I definitely agree with you on the 2nd floor entrance being nasty at times. They do their best to clean up, but for some reason people continuously find it acceptable to have their dogs relieve themselves inside of the vestibule. How as a pet owner you would find that acceptable is beyond me. Dog urine smells horrible. I believe they should start fining them for that ridiculousness. It shouldn't be hard to check the cameras and follow up with whoever is doing this.

The refuse room on my floor is always pretty clean. I suppose it'll depend on who is on your floor though. And judging by that 2nd floor vestibule there are obviously some extremely nasty people in the building.

I've also smelled weed on various floors so I'm unsure if the no smoking rule is actually enforced or people just don't care.

I've noticed quite a few parties on different floors recently. When I'm on the elevator at that time I've heard loud music and seen people coming in to the building in large groups during that space of time between doorman shifts. They didn't seem to know where they were going.

I think they ought to do something about that time gap where the front desk is empty. I just don't want such a nice building to become not so nice any more due to people who don't even live here. I suspect by summer it'll become a real issue. Especially for the rooftop lounge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2023, 11:01 PM

958 posts, read 935,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrchairman8 View Post
Yeah I checked when I heard SUV's were $200 and the guy said he would give it to me for $400 lol. I don't have an SUV but I'm guessing the discount depends on who's there at the time.

I definitely agree with you on the 2nd floor entrance being nasty at times. They do their best to clean up, but for some reason people continuously find it acceptable to have their dogs relieve themselves inside of the vestibule. How as a pet owner you would find that acceptable is beyond me. Dog urine smells horrible. I believe they should start fining them for that ridiculousness. It shouldn't be hard to check the cameras and follow up with whoever is doing this.

The refuse room on my floor is always pretty clean. I suppose it'll depend on who is on your floor though. And judging by that 2nd floor vestibule there are obviously some extremely nasty people in the building.

I've also smelled weed on various floors so I'm unsure if the no smoking rule is actually enforced or people just don't care.

I've noticed quite a few parties on different floors recently. When I'm on the elevator at that time I've heard loud music and seen people coming in to the building in large groups during that space of time between doorman shifts. They didn't seem to know where they were going.

I think they ought to do something about that time gap where the front desk is empty. I just don't want such a nice building to become not so nice any more due to people who don't even live here. I suspect by summer it'll become a real issue. Especially for the rooftop lounge.
The tenants that allow their dogs to relieve themselves have no consideration for the other tenants. I have a dog too and I don’t even go out through that exit anymore because of the nasty smell.

A lot of the tenants come in with guests in the building. It’s so weird.

I’ve seen a lot of sketchy people move into the building. I believe the quality will possibly go down if they don’t manage it properly.

Plenty of tenants smoke in their units.

The elevators are always going out of service. It’s terrible between 5pm and 7pm when everyone’s coming in from school/work.

They need to enforce some of the rules on the lease.

I already heard that two tenants have been evicted or kicked out.

Old 03-17-2023, 11:45 AM

585 posts, read 585,271 times
Quote:
The tenants that allow their dogs to relieve themselves have no consideration for the other tenants. I have a dog too and I don’t even go out through that exit anymore because of the nasty smell.

A lot of the tenants come in with guests in the building. It’s so weird.

I’ve seen a lot of sketchy people move into the building. I believe the quality will possibly go down if they don’t manage it properly.

Plenty of tenants smoke in their units.

The elevators are always going out of service. It’s terrible between 5pm and 7pm when everyone’s coming in from school/work.

They need to enforce some of the rules on the lease.

I already heard that two tenants have been evicted or kicked out.
This building was constructed through the Extremely Low & Low-Income Affordability (ELLA) Program of the New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC) and the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) and the Mandatory Inclusionary Housing (MIH) Program of HPD....yall decided to move into a building like this that's why...I would never move into a building that has this attached to it this is the kind of tenants these type of buildings get

Old 03-17-2023, 06:51 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
This building was constructed through the Extremely Low & Low-Income Affordability (ELLA) Program of the New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC) and the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) and the Mandatory Inclusionary Housing (MIH) Program of HPD....yall decided to move into a building like this that's why...I would never move into a building that has this attached to it this is the kind of tenants these type of buildings get
This building was part of Brooklyn Armory redevelopment project thus city had more leeway than usual in terms of "low" and "affordable" income housing. And they used it was most predicted they would; moving those city deemed most in need of housing into various apartments.

https://www.brownstoner.com/developm...c-pool-marvel/

Not all homeless (or rather formerly) are bad, I'm not saying that; but there are people who've never had a pot to pi$$ in all their lives nor a window to throw it out of that just don't know how to be around other people.

Case in point was when city made decision to begin moving homeless into any and all vacant NYCHA units it could. In sort order many NYCHA projects turned into straight up hoods. Good ones went bad and bad went to worse.

Old 03-18-2023, 10:55 PM

5 posts, read 2,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirl94 View Post
Anyone heard back after submitting documents?
Hey i had reached out to them via email to see what was taking so long being i submitted my documents since Jan and they emailed me back saying that their was no more units available

Old 03-19-2023, 01:36 PM

83 posts, read 61,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettiiriichbrii View Post
Hey i had reached out to them via email to see what was taking so long being i submitted my documents since Jan and they emailed me back saying that their was no more units available
So what was the point of submitting the documents?

Old 03-20-2023, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah I posted earlier the number of units available. A lot of people moved in between them and now, especially people from the shelter or programs.

Old 03-20-2023, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLEA88 View Post
So what was the point of submitting the documents?
That’s the same thing I’m saying Smfh . I’m pretty sure they knew it was nomore apartments left before reaching out to more ppl

Old 03-20-2023, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Yeah I posted earlier the number of units available. A lot of people moved in between them and now, especially people from the shelter or programs.
Smfh i was hoping to get in too

Old 03-20-2023, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Smfh i was hoping to get in too
Hopefully they can get you something because that’s insane to me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery