Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 04:24 PM

6 posts, read 5,983 times

Advertisements

Has anyone moved in? What is it like? I saw some studio apartments today and they were nice, but reviews online are so bad so I'm skeptical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 10:37 PM

5 posts, read 3,998 times
Got approved, 2 bedrooms. Haven't moved in yet but was in the area today and it was busy with families, couples in the restaurants. I imagine in summer it will be a hub of activity. I am currently in a 2 bedroom pre-war (2 people) so everything seems tiny to me. I'm all about atmosphere so the amenities plus the area seems a plus

Old 03-06-2024, 07:44 PM

6 posts, read 4,093 times
Log #44xx, got called for document on Thursday (2/29), submitted on Sunday (3/3). Anyone else still in the process? I am pretty nervous and still have some hope. My current lease ends on the end of May. Hopefully it can work out for me.

Old 03-10-2024, 06:26 PM

4 posts, read 2,189 times
Log 47xx. I was called for documents on 3/6 and submitted today. I qualify for a studio. I'm at the very low end of the AMI range--rent, utilities, and amenities would be a stretch, but I'm curious to see if any units will still be available if I'm ever reached for processing. Good luck to all.

Old 03-10-2024, 07:48 PM

46 posts, read 43,275 times
Log 38XX, was initially contacted on 01/22 for 1st round of docs and I submitted everything on 01/28. They acknowledged receipt of documents on 01/29 and I haven't heard back from them since. I qualify for studio and 1 bedroom, and I'll only move ahead if I get assigned a one-bedroom.

Old 03-11-2024, 02:24 PM

13 posts, read 9,191 times
Also-has anyone seen the 2 bedrooms? Do that have 2 bathrooms? They look very small? Please update if you have seen them and any idea on if any are left? and where are they with login #s 4000+?

Old 03-11-2024, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjfabulous View Post
Got approved, 2 bedrooms. Haven't moved in yet but was in the area today and it was busy with families, couples in the restaurants. I imagine in summer it will be a hub of activity. I am currently in a 2 bedroom pre-war (2 people) so everything seems tiny to me. I'm all about atmosphere so the amenities plus the area seems a plus
Could you describe the 2 bedrooms-they look small? do they have 2 bathrooms-and what is floor plan like and what login are you--Are there any 2 bedrooms left? Thanks for info

Old 03-13-2024, 01:10 AM

5 posts, read 3,998 times
Both designs have a lot of storage and you get a washer dryer and dishwasher. The design with the gallery kitchen has more storage, but I opted for the linear kitchen. It's more than enough for 2 people. I actually like it, the building is quiet. I've seen the complaints online, but I'm from Brooklyn..I'm polite, friendly and still mind my business. Management is responsive, the staff is professional (the circuit breaker was off for my fridge and dishwasher the first day...I did a maintenance request and it was fixed asap).
Reach out to the rental dept about any 2 bedrooms left, I'm not sure. But for all the paperwork needed you can be assured you'll have quality neighbors and staff.
Good luck. I think it's worth it

Old 03-13-2024, 02:08 PM

74 posts, read 49,590 times
Does anyone know where they are with tours? Log 37XX and I haven't heard anything since submitting documents almost 2 months ago.

Old 03-13-2024, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjfabulous View Post
Both designs have a lot of storage and you get a washer dryer and dishwasher. The design with the gallery kitchen has more storage, but I opted for the linear kitchen. It's more than enough for 2 people. I actually like it, the building is quiet. I've seen the complaints online, but I'm from Brooklyn..I'm polite, friendly and still mind my business. Management is responsive, the staff is professional (the circuit breaker was off for my fridge and dishwasher the first day...I did a maintenance request and it was fixed asap).
Reach out to the rental dept about any 2 bedrooms left, I'm not sure. But for all the paperwork needed you can be assured you'll have quality neighbors and staff.
Good luck. I think it's worth it
thank you so much and congrats to you-are there 2 bathrooms in your 2 bedroom? Thanks-Did they mention to you if there are any 2 bedrooms left? Thanks much-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery