Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2024, 03:23 PM

6 posts, read 3,868 times

Advertisements

Log #47xx. I submitted two rounds of documents and notarized the requested letters and explanations. My pre-approval tour is this weekend. I qualify for a studio and one bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2024, 06:13 PM

7 posts, read 6,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clar_Mc View Post
Log #47xx. I submitted two rounds of documents and notarized the requested letters and explanations. My pre-approval tour is this weekend. I qualify for a studio and one bedroom.
congrats! I wonder what order they process the applicants... I am log $44xx. And I am only one-person household. Also submitted second round of documents last week. Do they send you confirmation when you sent the docs? I am getting a little anxious now. Will they reject people?

Old 04-09-2024, 06:14 PM

7 posts, read 6,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNYC89123 View Post
Log #40XX. Just got an email today for a second round of documents.
Have you submitted your docs? Did you hear back since then?

Old 04-09-2024, 08:50 PM

6 posts, read 3,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebucket View Post
congrats! I wonder what order they process the applicants... I am log $44xx. And I am only one-person household. Also submitted second round of documents last week. Do they send you confirmation when you sent the docs? I am getting a little anxious now. Will they reject people?
Yes, I received email confirmations. I think they’ve been extra communicative with me since I was missing or mislabeled documents each time, though my eligibility is definitely still under review since my income recently changed. Nervous about whether there will be units available by the time they reach me. Really hopeful it works out for both of us!

Old 04-10-2024, 09:16 AM

10 posts, read 5,387 times
Hi! Have you recieved any more information about next steps?

Old 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBRKLYN21 View Post
To echo what others have said here,once you are called for the 2nd round of documents the process goes quickly. It took about a week from 2nd request to approval and lease signing. Also I never let more than a couple hours go by before I got back with the documents requested. I think that helps expedite the process. The building is beautiful and you can’t beat the location so I took the offered unit. Log#37xx.

Good Luck Everyone.
How long after your tour did you get approved? Does anyone know if getting a tour of the place is a good sign? Anxiously awaiting a response and they told me that they are processing lower log numbers when I asked about a timeline.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:57 PM

75 posts, read 53,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliavelandia1 View Post
How long after your tour did you get approved? Does anyone know if getting a tour of the place is a good sign? Anxiously awaiting a response and they told me that they are processing lower log numbers when I asked about a timeline.
I was approved the next day. I was super surprised.

Old 04-10-2024, 02:36 PM

4 posts, read 2,330 times
Log #47XX, first got contacted for documents on 3/7, second round 3/12, another set on 3/14, toured on 3/17, another set of documents on 3/21.
Contacted them on 4/2 to ask if they needed any other documentation and they said that we were approved by management but are waiting to process lower log numbers before our application is sent to HPD. Been anxiously waiting since then but fingers crossed we make it!

Old 04-12-2024, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by og2199 View Post
Log #47XX, first got contacted for documents on 3/7, second round 3/12, another set on 3/14, toured on 3/17, another set of documents on 3/21.
Contacted them on 4/2 to ask if they needed any other documentation and they said that we were approved by management but are waiting to process lower log numbers before our application is sent to HPD. Been anxiously waiting since then but fingers crossed we make it!
Do you qualify for a studio or 1 bedroom? Is sending the application to HPD for approval meaning that they definitely have units available?

Old 04-14-2024, 09:04 AM

4 posts, read 2,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliavelandia1 View Post
Do you qualify for a studio or 1 bedroom? Is sending the application to HPD for approval meaning that they definitely have units available?
We qualify for a 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom but ultimately leaned toward the 1 bedroom. Honestly not sure, that would be my guess but we still haven't heard back in almost 2 weeks while they're processing other lower log numbers, I have hope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery