Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2024, 05:59 PM

50 posts, read 57,397 times

Advertisements

I submitted my final round of docs thursday 2/14 got asked to tour today went same day the building is so beautiful I saw 2 1 bedrooms one on East one on west difference was East windows was ground up and west had shorter windows but space over all was slightly bigger and 1 level up overall the units are spacious I love how each rooms are separate the walk in closet is huge I hope they get back to me immediately I won’t be able to sleep until I sign my lease my log is 2***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2024, 06:18 PM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotterymami23 View Post
I submitted my final round of docs thursday 2/14 got asked to tour today went same day the building is so beautiful I saw 2 1 bedrooms one on East one on west difference was East windows was ground up and west had shorter windows but space over all was slightly bigger and 1 level up overall the units are spacious I love how each rooms are separate the walk in closet is huge I hope they get back to me immediately I won’t be able to sleep until I sign my lease my log is 2***
Thats awesome, they must have asked you your first preference etc,

Since the weekend is going to pause things, maybe they submitted the file to HPD before end of day or most likely could submit it on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday (president's Day)

If you took pictures or videos and dont mind sharing your experience you can share using

https://postimages.org

Wishing you great luck, claim that apartment as yours and you shall have it quite soon.

Old 02-16-2024, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Thats awesome, they must have asked you your first preference etc,

Since the weekend is going to pause things, maybe they submitted the file to HPD before end of day or most likely could submit it on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday (president's Day)

If you took pictures or videos and dont mind sharing your experience you can share using

https://postimages.org

Wishing you great luck, claim that apartment as yours and you shall have it quite soon.

Yes the leasing manager said he would let them know asap ! And I did get to pick thankful for that, I really love how it’s family oriented over there as I have a new born and I just want the best for her this would be an amazing fresh start. I have been praying heavy through the whole process because it’s been a very long process with submitting documents and getting letters notarized; but when u visit you see why they ask for so much. I will try to the videos I have is pretty long.

Old 02-16-2024, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBRKLYN21 View Post
How soon after submitting docs were you called in for a tour? Anyone?
Two business days;

Old 02-16-2024, 10:58 PM

530 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotterymami23 View Post
Yes the leasing manager said he would let them know asap ! And I did get to pick thankful for that, I really love how it’s family oriented over there as I have a new born and I just want the best for her this would be an amazing fresh start. I have been praying heavy through the whole process because it’s been a very long process with submitting documents and getting letters notarized; but when u visit you see why they ask for so much. I will try to the videos I have is pretty long.
Very happy for you.

Your little one is bringing so much into this world for you. Things work in magical ways and amazing to see she will have such an awesome place to grow into and you will enjoy the amazing building and being rent stabilized

Many amazing things aren’t on their way to you and this is just the start for amazing times to come!!

Old 02-16-2024, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcrcrm17 View Post
Just got sent my lease for a 1bed in the west tower! My layout is slightly different than yours but I don’t have a floor plan image. Almost identical but some minor differences in the living room.

What’s your timeline from pre-approval tour to signing your lease ? Did you have options ? Congrats btw

Old 02-17-2024, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
Very happy for you.

Your little one is bringing so much into this world for you. Things work in magical ways and amazing to see she will have such an awesome place to grow into and you will enjoy the amazing building and being rent stabilized

Many amazing things aren’t on their way to you and this is just the start for amazing times to come!!
Thank you so much , best of luck to you as well

Old 02-17-2024, 09:40 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,724,468 times
Good luck to you and your little one, lotterymami. You are working hard to set her up for success. Make sure to post when you sign the lease!

Old 02-18-2024, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Good luck to you and your little one, lotterymami. You are working hard to set her up for success. Make sure to post when you sign the lease!
Thank you so much ! I will keep you all posted :-)

Old 02-18-2024, 05:51 AM

4 posts, read 3,998 times
I just signed my lease for a 1 bedroom. Once I was contacted for a 2nd round of DOC everything went pretty quick. I had to provide and explain any non payroll deposit in my bank accounts, cash app, Apple Pay etc. The 1bedroom only has 1 layout the linear kitchen. I feel like the apartment is small, but it’s only me. The building amenities is a separate fee you can opt in at anytime but you can only opt out at the end of the lease. The pool is an additional $500. I was shown the actual apartment assigned to me as well as the demo apartment. I signed a lease for April you get one month free so I can move in March. The security deposit was 1,000 + the rent + credit check.The actual leasing office is open 7 days a week 10am- 6:00 lease is signed online and the bank certified checks have to be dropped off in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery