Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2023, 08:15 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,631,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecheek619 View Post
Hi Everyone!
I got a notice to upload more documents and from the spreadsheet i qualified for three 70%-80% category,from studio to two bedrooms, I have a few quesions:
1,are they going to just assign one type?
2,my log number is high,but with MB, are they going to consider that first?
3,I missed a couple of retirement account statements, can i still submit it? I'm so afraid that will be a huge problem
4,what is Pronton Portal website? can anyone please put a link here?

Truly appreciate your answers!
1) assignment and choice depends on what is available. You might have a choice of one, or several, if you qualify and any units are left.
2) what do you mean by “MB”?
3) meet the deadline with the documents you have. Follow up with submitting the retirement accounts after if you don’t have them. Don’t wait for next cycle for retirement accounts to arrive with you, contact the company and ask to be sent an account statement right away. If you have not taken withdrawals or distributions from your retirement accounts that will be easier on the process. Not meeting deadline might trigger a rejection that would have to be corrected, submit what you by the deadline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2023, 08:41 PM

531 posts, read 412,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andib28 View Post
I was just looking at the spreadsheet and noticed someone said they are in “N” line. This must be in the north tower as it says it’s a 1 bed and the N apartments in the south tower are studios. The north tower is halfway complete so there are definitely lottery units on that side.
I know there are lottery units but the agent said there’s nothing but studios left to give out.

I asked for a waiting list for 1/2 beds and was told all there are left are studios. Since this is a cb preference building it could be true but I find it hard to believe the developer will only hold studios construction in north tower for lottery. Not easy to do poor door in todays time but you never know

Old 11-13-2023, 11:54 AM

17 posts, read 13,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinasb View Post
I know there are lottery units but the agent said there’s nothing but studios left to give out.

I asked for a waiting list for 1/2 beds and was told all there are left are studios. Since this is a cb preference building it could be true but I find it hard to believe the developer will only hold studios construction in north tower for lottery. Not easy to do poor door in todays time but you never know
I don’t really understand what you mean? If the person on the spreadsheet is correct there are one bedrooms for the lottery in the north tower, but they must have all been claimed. They offered most people the choice between one bed and studio so I assume most/all chose one bed, leaving the studios remaining. The north side is filling up fast, lots of people are moving in.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:00 PM

531 posts, read 412,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andib28 View Post
I don’t really understand what you mean? If the person on the spreadsheet is correct there are one bedrooms for the lottery in the north tower, but they must have all been claimed. They offered most people the choice between one bed and studio so I assume most/all chose one bed, leaving the studios remaining. The north side is filling up fast, lots of people are moving in.
The north tower hasn't finished construction completely, I had a pretty low log number with preferences and found out that all that was left was studios in all ami's.

Someone with a 130 ami in Cb was one of the last one beds who was offered a 1 bed, initially i was emailed and told i could be on a waiting list for the 1 beds (i def think this was cuz of the north tower not finished), later within a couple of days they emailed and said no 1bed were left(regardless of preferences or gp). To me that just sounds fishy. This is the best way to stop someone from following up and kinda give up whatever chance you have if you dont have them support their steps or process.

I know CB gets first dibs but something is amiss, the preferences (disability / others) have to be done even before CB, but the preferences were done nearly after all 2 beds were accounted for. That is not the correct way to do it, whenever i have tried gettin in touch they never share their name or let me know who is working on the units so I could have HPD look into their dealings.

I am in the process of speaking with someone at HPD to get a better understanding of what's going on but not sure if it will lead to anything positive.

Old 11-13-2023, 08:47 PM

6 posts, read 5,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
1) assignment and choice depends on what is available. You might have a choice of one, or several, if you qualify and any units are left.
2) what do you mean by “MB”?
3) meet the deadline with the documents you have. Follow up with submitting the retirement accounts after if you don’t have them. Don’t wait for next cycle for retirement accounts to arrive with you, contact the company and ask to be sent an account statement right away. If you have not taken withdrawals or distributions from your retirement accounts that will be easier on the process. Not meeting deadline might trigger a rejection that would have to be corrected, submit what you by the deadline.
This is so helpful! Thanks this forum i found out that i never received the pronto housing link, today they send it to me again, finally i can do the questionnaire! but this questionnaire is strange that some question i answered seems missing ,after click the complete button i checked it still 97% done, i edited it and got another completed message by the end, just feel unfinished...and didn't get the confirmation letter they said that i would receive... do you know are they going to receive multiple questionnaire because of this weird process? just feel so uncertain wether i submit the whole package properly or not...

Old 11-14-2023, 05:56 AM

6 posts, read 5,180 times
Another question is , the documents I submit to Housing Connect and pronto housing are a little different, is that going to be problem? which one are they going to review?

Old 11-14-2023, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,080 times
Hi,

I am wondering what the verification on HPD side looks like. If I have only SSD income monthly for both myself and my son and my daughter is a college student. Do they still use a system to check if there’s employment.

How specifically is verification done on HPD side once you get approve by the marketing agent. Are they contacting IRS are they using systems to verify or are they just checking the work of the marketing agent

Old 11-14-2023, 12:49 PM

94 posts, read 76,029 times
I’m interested in knowing what units are actually still available , I was asked for documentation almost 2 weeks ago but I do qualify for the set aside units. I hope I get approved my sons pre k is really close to this building

Old 11-14-2023, 01:46 PM

23 posts, read 15,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolee11 View Post
I’m interested in knowing what units are actually still available , I was asked for documentation almost 2 weeks ago but I do qualify for the set aside units. I hope I get approved my sons pre k is really close to this building
Ruby Prontohousing sent me below 2 weeks ago.

"Please note the following: -There are only studio units at 70 or 80% AMI’s. -There are no one-bedroom units or two-bedroom units available. -There is no waiting list for this project for the one-bedroom unit or two-bedroom unit for this project. -130% AMI has studio units and 1BR units available. "

Old 11-14-2023, 02:35 PM

80 posts, read 54,940 times
They are gonna have a hard time filling those studio units. Most people would not pay that much for that tiny space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery