Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2023, 09:08 AM

35 posts, read 31,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynkia View Post
I briefly spoke with someone there a week or so ago. They said they had just gotten the names from HPD of who was selected in the lottery and were still preparing the applications for the lottery winners. PS said they expect to send that out early 2024. That was a long way of saying it will prob be at least a month and a half before we get anything.

Other info that might be helpful for those who are just as excited as me:

“Applications will be sent in two ways: 1) An email will be sent to all applicants who provided an email address, containing a link to the online application form. 2) Paper applications will be sent by mail to all applicants, regardless of whether they provided an email address or not. All lottery winners will have the option to complete the application on line or by paper.

Everyone selected in the lottery will have 60 days from the date applications are emailed and mailed to submit a complete application and administrative fee.”
Thank you for sharing this and for all the helpful responses. I have also only seen my log ## on NYC Mitchell-Lama Connect and will now patiently wait...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2023, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,429 times
Hello, any idea if PS has sent out ALL their notifications (either via email or paper mail) to selected applicants? I don’t receive anything yet, and wondering how long is the waiting time, until i am certain that i am not being selected. thank you.

Old 11-24-2023, 05:40 AM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Someone on this thread said that emails and applications will go out in early January. But you don’t need to wait until then. Just check the old Housing Connect. If it says “not selected,” that’s all you need to know. If instead of “not selected” you see a number, then you were selected.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 11-24-2023 at 05:51 AM..

Old 11-24-2023, 06:14 PM

4 posts, read 5,226 times
Thanks everyone for the information you all have posted in this thread so far!

We got a log number 2xx for 1 bedroom. Does anyone know if the ceramics studio is still active? It seems like there hasn't been any posts on their social media since covid.

Old 11-24-2023, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblue900 View Post

We got a log number 2xx for 1 bedroom. Does anyone know if the ceramics studio is still active? It seems like there hasn't been any posts on their social media since covid.
Congrats on the great number! You can email facilitiescoordinator@pennsouth.coop to inquire about the ceramics studio.

Old 11-25-2023, 03:09 AM

35 posts, read 31,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblue900 View Post

Congratulations on the log number!

In November 2022 Penn South Ceramics Studio was looking for a part-time glaze tech and the job listing included "The Penn South Ceramics Studio is a small, recently renovated studio with 8 wheels, 3 worktables, 2 kilns and a glaze room." The posting also included a photo of the facilities and it looked great.

Old 11-25-2023, 11:41 AM

4 posts, read 5,226 times
Thanks BA23 and Mac! The ceramics studio seems super exciting along with the wood working club etc. Really makes Penn South unique when compared to other MLs and coops.

It will be interesting to see where the 2023 people stand on the actual waitlist once all of the applications have been processed in the new year.

Old 11-26-2023, 03:53 PM

298 posts, read 211,287 times
Thank you everyone for your very informative answers! Is there anyway to know how long it will take them to start the 2023 1 Bedroom list?

Old 11-26-2023, 05:18 PM

There are 159 applicants currently on the one-bedroom list, counting "actives only." I estimate 2023 people will start to be called in about a year and a half from now.

Old 11-26-2023, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyc212 View Post
Once again, not selected. I'm really effin' depressed.
I’m leaving the city l. Can’t afford it anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery