Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 08:23 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWhatUsedToBe View Post
this, btw, is as good of a theory as any - how all lotteries should (!) work. Like how all vote tabulations should work. Or like all vaccine batches should be uniform. Fact is that one batch somewhere produced almost no adverse effects (obviously, placebo); while another batch elsewhere produced 21% same-year mortality. Does someone actually know the technology employed in ALL cases?
I mean I have not personally observed them run every lottery in the history of housing connect but, like you said you could question anything in the world if you wanted to. However, it's not a theory, the HPD marketing handbook explicitly states the process agencies must follow, and they have to review and approve every "winning" applicant. Also, several actual marketing agents have confirmed the process. You can believe whatever you want but there's really no reason to believe the process is anything other than what is explicitly required, except in the rare cases of significant fraud which of course happens in every industry sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 09:45 PM

200 posts, read 219,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
I mean I have not personally observed them run every lottery in the history of housing connect but, like you said you could question anything in the world if you wanted to. However, it's not a theory, the HPD marketing handbook explicitly states the process agencies must follow, and they have to review and approve every "winning" applicant. Also, several actual marketing agents have confirmed the process. You can believe whatever you want but there's really no reason to believe the process is anything other than what is explicitly required, except in the rare cases of significant fraud which of course happens in every industry sometimes.
OP is more credible - stating late applications got radically better results in latest months - than your "believe the process" (similar to telling you to "believe science"). Oh, yes: the "system" might have started out fair from its start. But everything eventually gets corrupted - you see that all over America these days. And NYC, under leadership of this sort last couple of decades: Fuhgeddaboudit

Old 01-13-2024, 01:57 AM

76 posts, read 40,936 times
Quote:
OP is more credible - stating late applications got radically better results in latest months - than your "believe the process" (similar to telling you to "believe science"). Oh, yes: the "system" might have started out fair from its start. But everything eventually gets corrupted - you see that all over America these days. And NYC, under leadership of this sort last couple of decades: Fuhgeddaboudit
So, in short, “believe the anecdotal ‘evidence’ posted anonymously online” over a legally binding, clearly outlined process. Okay.

But also, since “everything gets corrupted,” then OP’s string of luck is not luck but instead the result of corruption. Okay.

Old 01-13-2024, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candcnyc View Post
So, in short, “believe the anecdotal ‘evidence’ posted anonymously online” over a legally binding, clearly outlined process. Okay.

But also, since “everything gets corrupted,” then OP’s string of luck is not luck but instead the result of corruption. Okay.
Anecdotal...sure...didn't track own entries? Urban reality 2024: don't forget to doublemask and inject children. Do forget to have any: society can't afford. Invest in randomized funds: they've accummulated trillions. Okay.
p.s. Might as well believe not in luck but in g-d. Precisely the constituency selected. All about "constituency by luck"; statistician-kind dare question ballot-counting, digital-currency. Vote you out for scientific reasons. Anyone noticed forum timestamp never fell an hour back?

Last edited by NotWhatUsedToBe; 01-13-2024 at 06:47 AM..

Old 01-13-2024, 06:32 AM

36 posts, read 16,817 times
While they say it’s true - there isn’t an influence of lottery number to when you apply… I’d be remiss not to say all the lotteries I was called for I literally applied down to the wire: day of/day before -

I didn’t realize until now.

Coincidence I’m sure…

Old 01-13-2024, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enomis98 View Post
While they say it’s true - there isn’t an influence of lottery number to when you apply… I’d be remiss not to say all the lotteries I was called for I literally applied down to the wire: day of/day before -

I didn’t realize until now.

Coincidence I’m sure…
questioning g-d?

Old 01-13-2024, 07:26 AM

36 posts, read 16,817 times
Quote:
questioning g-d?
Question him for what? Lol. What’s meant to be will be.

Old 01-13-2024, 07:56 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernsoul7 View Post
That is what’s on my paperwork. I’m new to this entire system, NYC, voucher, and lottery. But the general Cityfheps program is for homeless individuals living in the shelter system.
So you don't actually make any money they just randomly put you in the $130% income bracket?

Old 01-13-2024, 07:58 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
I think the op may be a troll

Old 01-13-2024, 08:02 AM

34 posts, read 18,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
So you don't actually make any money they just randomly put you in the $130% income bracket?
I don’t make any money aside from government assistance. I wasn’t randomly given 130% AMI, it was what I qualified for in terms of the voucher.

Ps: I solely made this post for people who have the voucher and had questions about the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery