Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2010, 07:21 AM

684 posts, read 1,826,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Manhattan View Post
After seeing one of those d-line apts, i'd say go with a sofa bed or an inflatable mattress. Invisible shelves (the ones that look like they're stuck to the wall with no visible screws), tv on the wall, a small coffee table that's also a trunk. You can use that for storage. Bar stools for the kitchen counter. Maybe you can fit a skinny table in there also. Just in case you have a guest. Then both of you can sit on the bar stools and eat at the skinny table. Maybe a corner desk for the desktop/laptop. Either a fold out mirror or one that can go on the wall. A tall but skinny chest of drawers should finish it off.
Yea long term (because I'm not buying anything now) I'll get a sofabed I saw this perfect small wall unit in ikea that had shelves for storage CDs DVDs etc but it only fit a 32inch tv darn ! But I'll keep lookin I'm goin to add as I go along. I already have a little computer workstation that I'll bring on Saturday just need a tv stand for right now

Old 08-22-2010, 07:39 AM

267 posts, read 1,035,768 times
Quote:
After seeing one of those d-line apts, i'd say go with a sofa bed or an inflatable mattress. Invisible shelves (the ones that look like they're stuck to the wall with no visible screws), tv on the wall, a small coffee table that's also a trunk. You can use that for storage. Bar stools for the kitchen counter. Maybe you can fit a skinny table in there also. Just in case you have a guest. Then both of you can sit on the bar stools and eat at the skinny table. Maybe a corner desk for the desktop/laptop. Either a fold out mirror or one that can go on the wall. A tall but skinny chest of drawers should finish it off.
Is the D-line really that small? I am thinking of at least 300sqft of living space (excluding bath room). My living room is 15x17. I can't imagine if any Silver Towers studio is smaller than that.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:57 AM

Go to silvertowers.com an check out the floorplans. They crammed a lot of apts into one space I figure to get more money. So the studios are very tight the biggest is the g line an that is probably smaller than ur avg studio. But check out the website

Old 08-22-2010, 08:20 AM

267 posts, read 1,035,768 times
I did check out the floor plan. It doesn't show measurements, may be for reason.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:39 AM

Yea when i first started checking out the floorplans at silvertowers months ago I wondered why there were no measurements or photos of the units. Now I know lol. Everything is very narrow even some of the 1bdrm living rooms are tight. My friend ended up with a 1bdrm on the L line which IMO is the best line I tell her everyday to be thankful !!

Old 08-22-2010, 06:06 PM

130 posts, read 236,263 times
@jkid YES!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing. Yes!!!!

Btw are u thinking of joing club 7? Are you gonna get verizon or timewarner?

Old 08-22-2010, 06:18 PM

130 posts, read 236,263 times
This is so crazy why put so many apartments on one floor!! The freight elevator is located in the back of the south tower next to the garbage chute. I'm anxious to see the apartment pics I'm really hoping its not that small.

Hey does anyone know how or when the 500 from moving fee is coming back to you? That's more money they took from us.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:59 PM

95 posts, read 166,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjose1986 View Post
Hey does anyone know how or when the 500 from moving fee is coming back to you? That's more money they took from us.
In case you damage something when you're moving in. They'll use it to repair the damages. If no damages, the check won't be cashed. If you were using professional movers, they would have to give management their insurance information. If you tell them you're using professional movers, they wouldn't ask for the move in fee.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjose1986 View Post
@jkid YES!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing. Yes!!!!

Btw are u thinking of joing club 7? Are you gonna get verizon or timewarner?
Lmfao !!! OK ! We're on the same page LOL !

I want to join club 7..but the fact that we have to pay the 750$ in total up front hurts me. Thats a lot of cash to dish out up front like that. But thats definitely in my plan.

Verizon !!! I know they're more expensive...but since I lived in manhattan my entire life i've had to deal with Time warner and their b.s. and im sooo sick of them. LOL ! Im always having a problem with them. Im sure Verizon isnt perfect..but I really want a change

Old 08-22-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
In case you damage something when you're moving in. They'll use it to repair the damages. If no damages, the check won't be cashed. If you were using professional movers, they would have to give management their insurance information. If you tell them you're using professional movers, they wouldn't ask for the move in fee.
So the check wont be returned to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery