Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 09:05 PM

270 posts, read 749,545 times

Advertisements

i forgot about TJ's they have most of the same quality stuff as whole foods at more of a bargain

Old 08-26-2010, 09:49 PM

78 posts, read 200,242 times
Default organic food

i know a few people that started eating organic a while back and they all tell me organic food tastes much better. they all say that they can taste a difference in the quality of the food. one girl i know works at whole foods and eats there every day. she said that shes eaten organic food for so long that when she eats food thats not organic she gets sick. the way i see it organic food is "real" food and the food we eat today isnt no longer real food. the food we eat today is not the same food our grandparents ate that made them live to be the age of 90 and 100. Thats why these 5th graders today are so damn big!

Anyone else go through the interview process at river place? Any updates anyone!?!

Old 08-27-2010, 01:01 AM

28 posts, read 60,977 times
Anyone else go through the interview process at river place? Any updates anyone!?![/quote]

Im waiting too! My interview was over a month ago. I figure since i didnt get a denial, it should be looking good? who knows. Also i was thinking they may have people who have been approved but they havent called them yet because they want to have more people approved so they can get them all into the same orientation? I dunno, the last orientation that we know of was about 2 or 3 weeks ago?

I was approved for an Apt on the corner of Houston and Pitt st. Its called THE LEE. I havent seen any talk about it in forums. I was approved about 7 months ago, but the building still isnt finished. LOL. I dont know why they were approving people when the building was just a shell. Its not 80/20 though, Its all affordable housing. I much prefer RP2 for several reasons.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:37 AM

684 posts, read 1,827,108 times
@ dlisted87

Call them up and ask them for an update !! If its been that long you certainly havent been denied..at worst your on the waiting list. But call them up and ask for an update. I think its terrible how they just have people in the air so to speak in regard to their status. They did the same thing to me and I took Jose's advice and just kept calling..till they gave me an answer

Old 08-27-2010, 03:05 PM

52 posts, read 109,829 times
Think they should change the lottery system i know is a business and all but its wrong to ask and be so strick with "debt" if it was 10 or maybe 5 yrs from now i would understand but i thought america is in a recession or just got out of one i mean duh there millions on americans loosing homes and property 78% of americans is in debt but i ask i thought the lottery was to help a families showing how they and there kids could be if they would of got a good education

Old 08-27-2010, 05:55 PM

12 posts, read 23,667 times

Even their one bedrooms are small.

I've read reviews of the building and it doesn't seem like market rate renters are too happy with lower income "welfare" residents living there. There are also talks of the building going into foreclosure due to all of the empty units. Bad ventilation comments and staff coming into apartments without notice. The building has so many terrible reviews.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineLiving View Post

Even their one bedrooms are small.

I've read reviews of the building and it doesn't seem like market rate renters are too happy with lower income "welfare" residents living there. There are also talks of the building going into foreclosure due to all of the empty units. Bad ventilation comments and staff coming into apartments without notice. The building has so many terrible reviews.

OMG That voice over is hilarious~! They must have used a free auto-tune download.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:09 PM

270 posts, read 749,545 times
why not just talk naturally? instead of using an android to sell the thing lol

"it doesn't seem like market rate renters are too happy with lower income "welfare" residents living there"

thats sad actually, and not all the low income people are on welfare..most of us work and these kinds of opportunities are golden for us regular working class people.
The rich want it ALL to themselves..SELFISH

Old 08-27-2010, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,581 times
May I ask how much your rent will be?

Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 PM

I just found out that at silver towers, you guests have to pay $15.00 you use the ammenities. Yikes~ You cant even hang out with them on the roof top. I got this info from Apartment ratings.com The reviews there are terrible~~!! lol The absolutly hate the place. Im scared, just kidding...sorta

@BBOPANDBEYOND The rent for most of the affordable housing studios at Silver towers is 641.00
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery