Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 05:30 PM

684 posts, read 1,829,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
Jkid, I sent mine 3 weeks ago also..but since its lottery.. does it even matter when you send it? due to the fact its like a raffle.. you could send it on the LAST day of the application period or the first day..and still have the same chances..
correct me if I'm wrong though..
hock damn..if they call me in for that one..we'll be neighbors after all..not in the same bldg ( i was supposed to get a 2 bedroom in RP2) I wonder how the sizes are for those units in the low-income levels. Probably not as bad as those tiny studios they have. I know Mocha got the " good" one though.
But again , no matter how small, They are really not so bad if its just 1 person. The though passed thru my head about taking the family into on of those LOL, imagine that.. I guess I sent in the appicationfor the heck of it.I seriously did not think they would respond. I canceled immediately though.
No emulator your correct about the lottery process and how its pretty much a raffle. But personally I just feel like i'll have a better shot at getting an interview if I send it in early. The majority of my other applications i've procrastinated and I feel like its hurt me.

The friend that I have that won the lottery for the 1bedroom at Silver Towers she also got letters back for 3 other developments and she said she sent them out early. So I feel my chances are higher of getting picked if I send it out early

Old 08-24-2010, 05:42 PM

270 posts, read 749,803 times
I totally agree with you I'm the same way when it comes to sending the applications..I too feel I have better chances if I send it in early. I always keep an eye out for anything new..and as soon as I do , I make sure I print it out or request by mail ASAP , I like the Print online applications, because you skip the request by mail process and I like to Type in the info into the PDF files, to make things neater.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:49 PM

52 posts, read 109,846 times
im waitting to get back those harlem application there like six developement off one application i think i feel alil comfy there then down town i know its safer but i cant go thru those awful back round check to say i qualified for the apartment but u got to be on the waitting list lol besidethere brand new like the rest of them same looking apt whats the difference??

Old 08-24-2010, 06:39 PM

@Blackcard I sent one for 131st street I think, I agree with what you said , I wouldn't mind living from 130's down..
I was raised and have lived all my life in the lower east side.. love the area, I have seen it rise up from its negativity back in the 80's. Now its a decent and hip place to live. Wish I could find something affordable around here but , Sending apps everywhere right now

Old 08-24-2010, 07:02 PM

78 posts, read 200,383 times
Default this is what the studio at 505 looks like

this is what a luxury studio should look like

505 w37th st studio

YouTube - 1412.AVI

Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 PM

684 posts, read 1,829,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apthunterdr View Post
this is what a luxury studio should look like

505 w37th st studio

YouTube - 1412.AVI
I totally agree !! That's perfect. Too bad I'm on the waiting list for 505 !!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:51 PM

Is that affordable studio or the reg? ?? I like the roof top patio

Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 PM

130 posts, read 236,316 times
@ blackcard I can't wait into we are neighbors.. you and ur fam really deserve this. The neighborhood is safe and beautiful.

@jkid I feel you some of my neighbors look at me like I don't belong but I look at them right back as if they don't neither. But all and all its kind of hard to tell who pays at market value and who doesn't. There are a lot of people in my building who'd they'd do a double take to if people knew they were lower income.

@ emulator Are the new ones that your talking about the building we pass on our way to silver towers the ones being constructed across the street by cvs.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:31 PM

Thanks@Jose yes I do deserve living in a nice neighborhood I work not to far from there I live up town I was around when the whole Manhattan was looking like the south bx lol thru all I became a outstanding citizen no jail time no problems I just need a lil luck to complete my life and raise my family in a safe environment evens do (8th,9th,10 and11th Ave ) full of prostitutes I can deal with that more then pissy elevators and the rest of the knuckle head in the hood. In a 5 to 10yr span they will clean up the rest of the garbage they have in the times sq region by then I will grow to love my new clean neighborhood lol

Old 08-25-2010, 06:59 AM

The new one on 42nd is by 9th ave..440 west 42nd st to be exact..we fall into both brackets for the 2 beds they have..i just hope they select my application..i had strike 1 at river place..maybe I can hit the ball on this one this time..we learned our lesson with river place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery