Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 02:24 PM

95 posts, read 166,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKCARD View Post
Thank God ya change the subject I was about think I came into a home improvment blog
lol! I can be versatile. Just trying to help in what way I can.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:44 PM

684 posts, read 1,823,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Manhattan View Post
I believe everyone who's part of the lottery process, upon seeing these apartments for the first time are somewhat disappointed. I know I was. I had a choice of what was in my hand now (River Place 2) or wait for my log number to be called for 505West for which I also qualified for a studio. I decided to take what was infront of me instead of the unknown. Even the lady at 505 advised me to do so. She said, although you qualify, by the time we get to your log number, they might not be any studios left. Their approval process takes about two months.

It's crazy to go thru that whole process, get approved, see the apts and to entertain the thought of walking away. Nobody should have that on there plate. I'm sure many people are watching this develoment closely. If it has a high rental rate, close to 90% and retail space gets leased, more developers might sacrifice unit square footage for more units per floor. That doesn't make any sense to
me! I would want zero negative feedback or word of mouth if that was my development! Same height, less units and more square footage per unit is the way I would go! I think that would lead to a 100% sell through. Just a thought.
I completely agree ! 2 less units would have made a world of difference..at the end of the day I know its all about the all mighty dollar. But if im in Mr. Silversteins position...you have to sacrifice to gain. And i would much rather have extremely happy tenants because that will do wonders in the long run

Old 08-24-2010, 03:56 PM

12 posts, read 23,660 times
For the people that got your apartment, are you living in the shorter back building located at 621 W 41st Street or are you living in the main building towers?

P.S. There were many people that were quite upset during their interview as their application was terminated right there on the spot. A couple of people stormed out in a huss!

Old 08-24-2010, 04:00 PM

52 posts, read 109,775 times
I just got my application for. The new building. On 42nd we might be neighbors @jkid @Jose

Old 08-24-2010, 04:29 PM

52 posts, read 109,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
I completely agree ! 2 less units would have made a world of difference..at the end of the day I know its all about the all mighty dollar. But if im in Mr. Silversteins position...you have to sacrifice to gain. And i would much rather have extremely happy tenants because that will do wonders in the long run
Remember what I told you before be lucky u even that close to smell a wealthy fart they don't want u to get comfortable they want you to live the experience and get the hell out maybe when the lottery fever is over they might relocate every tenants on the that floor and make those apartment bigger. Then sell them to real
tenant lol J/K

Old 08-24-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FineLiving View Post
For the people that got your apartment, are you living in the shorter back building located at 621 W 41st Street or are you living in the main building towers?

P.S. There were many people that were quite upset during their interview as their application was terminated right there on the spot. A couple of people stormed out in a huss!
We're in the main 2 towers 610/620 West 42nd..

Yea..it can be frustrating to gather all of your paperwork only for the interview to end in 10mins lol. I should know. But in the grand scheme of things would you rather it end right there? or for them to string u along knowing full well you dont qualify? Sorta gotta pick ya poison

Old 08-24-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Remember what I told you before be lucky u even that close to smell a wealthy fart they don't want u to get comfortable they want you to live the experience and get the hell out maybe when the lottery fever is over they might relocate every tenants on the that floor and make those apartment bigger. Then sell them to real
tenant lol J/K
You know its funny you said that Blackcard because my mother said she experienced that when she moved into the building we live in now. I primarly grew up in the projects..but later on we moved into an 80/20 development and my mother said that she they tried to make things difficult at first..and the people that were in charge of assigning the units gave her the worst unit possible...as if she hoped my mother wouldnt take it. But she did..we made the best of it..and eventually moved into a larger unit in the same building

So trust me I know how the game is played..and I certainly know there will be those that will look at me like I dont belong. But I have a plan and I continue to count my blessings. I got my foot in the door so we'll see what I can do

Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I just got my application for. The new building. On 42nd we might be neighbors @jkid @Jose
Fill out everything thoroughly and send that out ASAP ! My application was sent out 3 weeks ago. Im hoping to be one of the first applications they open..hopefully i'll get an interview

Old 08-24-2010, 05:10 PM

270 posts, read 749,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Fill out everything thoroughly and send that out ASAP ! My application was sent out 3 weeks ago. Im hoping to be one of the first applications they open..hopefully i'll get an interview
Jkid, I sent mine 3 weeks ago also..but since its lottery.. does it even matter when you send it? due to the fact its like a raffle.. you could send it on the LAST day of the application period or the first day..and still have the same chances..
correct me if I'm wrong though..
hock damn..if they call me in for that one..we'll be neighbors after all..not in the same bldg ( i was supposed to get a 2 bedroom in RP2) I wonder how the sizes are for those units in the low-income levels. Probably not as bad as those tiny studios they have. I know Mocha got the " good" one though.
But again , no matter how small, They are really not so bad if its just 1 person. The though passed thru my head about taking the family into on of those LOL, imagine that.. I guess I sent in the appicationfor the heck of it.I seriously did not think they would respond. I canceled immediately though.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:29 PM

95 posts, read 166,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineLiving View Post

Main towers.

I've experienced that! Didn't make a fuss but it was extremely disappointing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.