Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2010, 06:02 PM

52 posts, read 109,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
they sometimes have good deals too, but ever since we went organic with most stuff, we cant go back..and their meats and puoltry and fish are extra fresh.. We definitely taste the quality. Also everything else is great too. We'd have to go to the nearest one which is like 92nd street i think for delivery, but its cool.
Right now we're just happy that something finally came up in our time of need. I still cant stop imaging how we'd be if we would've made it into rp2. To think, we would've already been living there by now. But , i'm not stopping once i hopefully get into nycha.
ok im from harlem i also live in the projects lol put i can tell u about those building there not the best project in harlem ( i live in the best pj in harlem) but you got to look at the big picture in a few years 5 to 10 yrs harlem going to be a whole different ball game and my projects to. columbia university brought mines out and kicking everybody out drug dealers, welfare, fiends nyc as a whole aint having it no more . Like jkid told you there a pathmark across the street and on top of path mark and around it is million dollors condos there brand new soo it a big differsity around there now if you get my driff u sound like a strong will type of dude so you wont be getting caught it the mess that happen around there if you stick it out you can see the change right be for your eyes and it will be a great feeling that you stuck it out to get to heaven but if i can get a 3bedroom in those pjs i leave mines in a heart beat because harlem in a whole its getting cleaner and cleaner by the minute and you already know there building like crazzy up here witch i applied for the lottery on alll building in harlem that being constructed and im for sure you did to so if u can live in brooklyn you can def live harlem 100 times better i wish i never leave harlem but hey u know how life goes

Old 08-26-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjose1986 View Post
whole foods is pretty good, for the prices they want they better do delivery lol.
ya going to make me start buying some whole food the way ya talking about it lol

Old 08-26-2010, 06:18 PM

270 posts, read 749,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKCARD View Post
ya going to make me start buying some whole food the way ya talking about it lol
LMAO..yeah once we started buying there, we dont want to buy anywhere else.. and our local fine fare supermarket is ACROSS the street from where we live lol, so that should tell you something.. the nearest whole foods by us is on east houston st and bowery.. its like a 15 minute walk from here..
but like I said , we'd definitely goto pathmark, and get quick necessities and stuff.

Now, about those Drew Hamilton Pj's I look at it this way..almost ALL pj's are not so HOT..but once you've lived in pj's , you kinda get the swing of things.. and for example me and my family keep to ourselves.. once you're in your apartment, nothing matters.. Everything we like to do is in the lower part of manhattan, and also work and school for our daughter is down here.
I'm not saying we are gonna be couped up in the apartment, we will definitely walk around the area to explorer it.. but most of our favorite eateries and bars are downtown.. and more importantly , a few family members are in the lower east side as well.
As Jkid has always stated, gonna keep my head up, think positive about things. My 2 primary goals are to move up there and then a year later apply for a transfer to any of the decent pj's from 23rd street all theway down to south street seaport ( no matter how long it takes, it doesnt matter), and #2 continue to watch the latest lotteries, and hopefully one day move into an 80/20 building like riverplace 2. Crossing fingers for 440 west 42nd street. When it comes down to it, most of the posters on this thread will be neighbors lol, and then we can all go and have a few drinks to celebrate!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
lmao..yeah once we started buying there, we dont want to buy anywhere else.. And our local fine fare supermarket is across the street from where we live lol, so that should tell you something.. The nearest whole foods by us is on east houston st and bowery.. Its like a 15 minute walk from here..
But like i said , we'd definitely goto pathmark, and get quick necessities and stuff.

Now, about those drew hamilton pj's i look at it this way..almost all pj's are not so hot..but once you've lived in pj's , you kinda get the swing of things.. And for example me and my family keep to ourselves.. Once you're in your apartment, nothing matters.. Everything we like to do is in the lower part of manhattan, and also work and school for our daughter is down here.
I'm not saying we are gonna be couped up in the apartment, we will definitely walk around the area to explorer it.. But most of our favorite eateries and bars are downtown.. And more importantly , a few family members are in the lower east side as well.
As jkid has always stated, gonna keep my head up, think positive about things. My 2 primary goals are to move up there and then a year later apply for a transfer to any of the decent pj's from 23rd street all theway down to south street seaport ( no matter how long it takes, it doesnt matter), and #2 continue to watch the latest lotteries, and hopefully one day move into an 80/20 building like riverplace 2. Crossing fingers for 440 west 42nd street. When it comes down to it, most of the posters on this thread will be neighbors lol, and then we can all go and have a few drinks to celebrate!
well 505 w 37 th and i think 440 w42 have a bar so yea we can do that lol but i think we got to pay 750 to get in the bar lol

Old 08-26-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
well 505 w 37 th and i think 440 w42 have a bar so yea we can do that lol but i think we got to pay 750 to get in the bar lol
screw that , I'll go to a regular bar..$750 to get a drink? lol j/k
well I'm wait-listed for 505w37 so not holding my breathe for too long on that.. but there's high hope on 440w42 and another 37th street 8th & 9th ave lottery I sent a few months back " MIDTOWN WEST APARTMENTS", also whatever future lotteries come up, I'll definitely be sending in.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
screw that , I'll go to a regular bar..$750 to get a drink? lol j/k
well I'm wait-listed for 505w37 so not holding my breathe for too long on that.. but there's high hope on 440w42 and another 37th street 8th & 9th ave lottery I sent a few months back " MIDTOWN WEST APARTMENTS", also whatever future lotteries come up, I'll definitely be sending in.

edit: it's 350w37th to be exact

Old 08-26-2010, 07:54 PM

684 posts, read 1,829,170 times
Yea I've shopped at Whole Foods too..and I now see why everyone shops there so much. However they're just too expensive. Certain things here n there I can get. But for example their seafood is so expensive..and when you come from a family of 6 13$/lb just isnt feasible ! LOL !

Old 08-26-2010, 07:57 PM

130 posts, read 236,316 times
@emulator honestly ur really not missing much. I've been home with my mom for the past 3 days because I was so bored at my place, I mean the are is nice and everything, but its kinda dead and really expensive where we are at.( Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right areas). I won't be surpised if rp2 opens another lottery they seem to have a lot of aparmtents still vacant.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:02 PM

hehe with my 2 kids , it would never get boring at home lol, and I'm sure there's parks for kids out there, and we'd mostly likely travel downtown for the fun stuff as well.

@jkid , yeah I hear you on the prices..but like I said, we split certain things down the middle when it comes to groceries and like I said we'll do maybe 50/50 shopping between whole foods and the local supermarket.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:13 PM

130 posts, read 236,316 times
@ blackcard whole food is nice but u can buy organic from others places without spending to much ( trader joes), or your local produce stand might not be really orgainc but its still fruits and veggies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery