Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 06:07 AM

8 posts, read 12,009 times

Advertisements

Hello. this was yesterday on the 30th! my income is around $21,500. and thats after they did their special calculations. the guy tells me "you qualifiy for an apartment, but unfortunately we have none at this time. i guess he saw thre reaction on my face because he also says "dont get discoraged, i will call you"..........yeah right! but why call me in for a interview if you have nothing ?..i think they just have to prove that they keeping busy or they might lose their jobs......

Old 08-31-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywalker23 View Post
@ MRNEWYORK4NY
Hi, Can you please let me know when exactly did you go for your interview and how long after did they inform you that you were placed on a waiting list?
Thanks for the info and good luck you never know!

He told me right then and there. you qualify but we have no apartments available right now.he gave me a paper stating that i was on some waiting list

Old 08-31-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRNEWYORK4NY View Post
He told me right then and there. you qualify but we have no apartments available right now.he gave me a paper stating that i was on some waiting list

Hello. this was yesterday on the 30th! my income is around $21,500. and thats after they did their special calculations. the guy tells me "you qualifiy for an apartment, but unfortunately we have none at this time. i guess he saw thre reaction on my face because he also says "dont get discoraged, i will call you"..........yeah right! but why call me in for a interview if you have nothing ?..i think they just have to prove that they keeping busy or they might lose their jobs......

Old 08-31-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywalker23 View Post
@ MRNEWYORK4NY
Hi, Can you please let me know when exactly did you go for your interview and how long after did they inform you that you were placed on a waiting list?
Thanks for the info and good luck you never know!
i went to the interview yesterday. I filled out the application a month and a half ago. they told me in the interview process that i was on the waiting list.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT81497 View Post
@ MRNEWYORK4NY

May I ask when was this? As I went to my interview last Monday. They didn't mention anything about that.

This was yesterday on the 30th! he calculated my income. stated that the income range i qualify for, there are not any apartments available. so i have to be placed on a waiting list

Old 08-31-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apthunterdr View Post
Im sorry to here that you will not be getting the apartment. At leat being on the waiting list is better than nothing. You may not realize this but what youve just mentioned is an important update. I too have question. Which income bracket did you qualify for?

My income was 21,500. so i was good on that! there were suppose to be 5 apartments available for that range... and nothing!

Old 08-31-2010, 03:57 PM

684 posts, read 1,826,264 times
Why does everyone always think theres some conspiracy going on? Do I believe that they should tell people in advance before they proceed? Absolutely ! But whose to say that how things are done is their call? Theres always a chain of command...it very well could be they're following the procedure thats given to them.

IDK maybe im more lenient (sp?) because ive had jobs where people thought I had more power than I actually had..theres been many times i've had to tell people look I agree with you but this is the order thats been given to me

Old 08-31-2010, 05:58 PM

7 posts, read 11,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apthunterdr View Post
@jkid

Im gonna call them tomorrow. Friday would have made my wait time equal to yours if they did call me.

So what did they say when you called? Good news I hope

Old 08-31-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Why does everyone always think theres some conspiracy going on? Do I believe that they should tell people in advance before they proceed? Absolutely ! But whose to say that how things are done is their call? Theres always a chain of command...it very well could be they're following the procedure thats given to them.

IDK maybe im more lenient (sp?) because ive had jobs where people thought I had more power than I actually had..theres been many times i've had to tell people look I agree with you but this is the order thats been given to me

@jkid. its not a matter of a conspiracy. its more like false advertisement. they ask you to fill out an application. then they call you for an interview and they tell you to bring all of these documents. you do everything they ask of you. to have them tell you that you qualify but there arent any apartments!!!! cmon man thats terrible!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 PM

8 posts, read 14,171 times
@DrManhattan, I greatly appreciate your detailed information about the interview.

I have a quick question (all are welcomed to answer).
My income is in the range for the studio.
But i worked part time job for 5 months this year, from March to August, meaning, extra income. This was my second job.
Should I present them information about this part time job, even though i no longer work there?
Or should I just stick to my primary job, the one i currently have, which allows me to be in the income range they desire for studios?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery