Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 09:23 PM

24 posts, read 45,203 times

Advertisements

[quote=umg123;20572825]what if i don't fall in the income range. Considering i initially did. Well I guess im just going to send the updated information in and then appeal if i have to.[/quote

If you don't in the income range before you sign a lease then you will not get appartment .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 03:28 PM

4 posts, read 7,895 times
I would like everyones help,

I had my interview back in March, my #186 and last week I got a phone call and a letter from them, asking for more update info as for my taxes 2010, bank letter ect, I sent everything back them.. I know due to my income I do qualify.

I would like to know whats the next step?

is it a home visit? then after that they will take you to look at the aparment thats going to be given to you? then sign the lease?

I would be very thankful with your reply!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

Have a blessed day!

Old 08-26-2011, 02:58 PM

30 posts, read 62,297 times
You have to fall within the range before signing.
Good luck

Old 08-26-2011, 03:03 PM

30 posts, read 62,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC11237 View Post
I would like everyones help,

I had my interview back in March, my #186 and last week I got a phone call and a letter from them, asking for more update info as for my taxes 2010, bank letter ect, I sent everything back them.. I know due to my income I do qualify.

I would like to know whats the next step?

is it a home visit? then after that they will take you to look at the aparment thats going to be given to you? then sign the lease?

I would be very thankful with your reply!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

Have a blessed day!
Did you apply for studio, 1 or 2 bedroom.
They update information to make sure you still qualify.
If they have an apartment available, they will conduct a home visit etc...
They will ask again for updated information before signing.
Good luck!

Old 08-27-2011, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc49 View Post
Did you apply for studio, 1 or 2 bedroom.
They update information to make sure you still qualify.
If they have an apartment available, they will conduct a home visit etc...
They will ask again for updated information before signing.
Good luck!

Thank you so much for the reply, it was very nice of you to take the time!

I did apply for the 1 & 2 bedroom, I told the lady that just in case they didn't have the two bedroom no longer, I would be fine with the one bedroom..

I'm sure I do qualify with my income.

I just wasn't sure what would be their next step.

Hope you and your family have a safe weekend!

Thank You!

Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Anyone in here has any idea why this process taking so long since the building already completed and all the apartments already available for moving in ? and they still just keeping us sending updated info again and again ....

Old 08-28-2011, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,888 times
Default Next Step?

So I had my interview in March for the apt and my log number is 10XX and I don't live in CB4. Last week Natalie from related wanted my last 6 paystubs, I still fall within the price range for a studio or 1 bedroom, I asked for a 1 bedroom but said I would be fine with a studio if that was left. I'm wondering what is the next step? Is it the home visit, and what does the home visit entail? How thorough is this home visit and what are they looking for?

Also another question is for someone who has already moved in, are the gym and access to the other amenities free or is their a fee for those things?

Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeNewYork View Post
So I had my interview in March for the apt and my log number is 10XX and I don't live in CB4. Last week Natalie from related wanted my last 6 paystubs, I still fall within the price range for a studio or 1 bedroom, I asked for a 1 bedroom but said I would be fine with a studio if that was left. I'm wondering what is the next step? Is it the home visit, and what does the home visit entail? How thorough is this home visit and what are they looking for?

Also another question is for someone who has already moved in, are the gym and access to the other amenities free or is their a fee for those things?

Hello Native New York,

I think it would be very helpful for you to read the other posts here. I also had my interview in March, and to be honest if we get a apartment we would be very lucky, more then 10,000 poeple did apply and just because we had a interview that doesn't mean anything, or just because they ask us for more updates. It's like winning the lottory!

Nothing is free in this world as you may know, the amenities fee is about $100 monthly..

I really hope you the best of luck!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknycc View Post
Anyone in here has any idea why this process taking so long since the building already completed and all the apartments already available for moving in ? and they still just keeping us sending updated info again and again ....

Hello Lucknyc,

If you didn't know by now, more then 10,000 people did apply for the apartments, just because we had a interview & they ask for updates, that doesn't mean anything because much more people are also getting interviews still!

Anyone who gets a apartment would be like somewhat winning the lotto, that's the way everyone should look at it.

Hoping you the best of luck with everything!''

Old 08-29-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC11237 View Post
Hello Lucknyc,

If you didn't know by now, more then 10,000 people did apply for the apartments, just because we had a interview & they ask for updates, that doesn't mean anything because much more people are also getting interviews still!

Anyone who gets a apartment would be like somewhat winning the lotto, that's the way everyone should look at it.

Hoping you the best of luck with everything!''

Thank you JC11237,

I am in CB4 and i had interview back to Jan. I already past all verifications . As I know most of people puting in waiting list they even didn't have chance for interviw . as long as they requesting update info.. that's mean you still have chance get an apartment if you still in the range . Good luck to all had interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City