Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 AM

770 posts, read 1,132,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
smh i wasn't referring to sobro, son.
Thank you Dad. Can I borrow the car keys to take our Betty-Sue to the drive-in? Oh, and 50 cents for popcorn? Gee 11KAP, you are swell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 11:46 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I think we can both agree that the Bronx remains essentially stagnant since 1980 due entirely to the borough's Political "leaders". They are the ones screwing everyone just so they can keep themselves in power..another horrendous example of this is Ruben Diaz's latest disaster: Mandate the specialized schools to take Bronx kids, regardless of the test. His answer is not to offer free test prep to students, or specialized tutoring to increase their skill set, or any other educational/test taking skills in order to pass the exam..NOPE..he just wants to force people to take the students because, well, he says so, regardless of whether they are actually prepared to go or have earned a place there.

And this is exactly how these Bronx politicians work..instead of empowering his constituents, or providing the necessary resources to achieve, he simply says "you can't do it, you are the victim and deserve this, and I will give it to you regardless...see what I do for you?" He is as toxic as they come...and he comes from a long line of dysfunctional, exploitative poverty pimps.
Diaz, the Rivera and the Sorano famlies who control Bronx politics all must go, they should share the same path as Pedro Espada Jr. It reminds me of an Italian mafia famlies but only these families are Puerto Ricans.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:57 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
whites have been sticking together throughout
american history for the most part, while everyone
else has been fighting each other over the scraps and
leftovers. what goes around comes around tho
eventually.
Are you kidding me? Whites and other Whites too never stick together, its not about race but its about money. The only white group I know of that sticks together are Jews and the only non white group that sticks together are Asians, everything else is a mixed bag. If whites were sticking together why did so many get conned by banking instituitions for mortgages. In the old west during the 1840s to early 1900 Whites, Freed Black slaves, Irish becuase they were not considered White Native Americans, Mexicans who were annexed by the US after the Mexican American War, and Chinese who had to help build railroad and farms, often these people would intermarry with one another if not not mix, but work together, life was already harsh, why make it more harsher for everyone else. If whites were united their would not be no Civil War, or even labor conflicts, Sufferege movements etc. Its really the rich that give everyone scaps.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:28 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,416,463 times
^ u gotta big point there, but overall compared to a lot of
people in america, they look out for their own the most.
how do you think they became the biggest population in the
lower 48 all this time?

Old 12-19-2012, 12:58 PM

770 posts, read 1,132,527 times
11KAP,

I don't think your posts are valid or well considered in general. It's like you enjoy thowing Sh.. at a wall and see what sticks.

For the sake of thoughtful conversation and civil intercourse on race, Section 8, the Bronx, etc. try to maintain a civil tounge. I think people would take you more seriously and not as a pot banger.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:02 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,416,463 times
^ speak for yourself, not anyone else.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:09 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,261,095 times
11KAP, how about entering the most informative poster contest?

Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,010,568 times
Asians and Jews do not stick together. During WW2, the Japanese butchered millions of Chinese, enslaved Koreans, etc. The Vietnamese had a brutal civil war from the 50s-70s. In the 70s, China invaded Vietnam. I could go on, but this gives you the general idea.

Madoff defrauded a lot of Jewish people, though Jewish himself. Not all Jews like or get along with each other.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,010,568 times
You had white flight, but some other things hit NYC in those days. NYC under mayor John Lindsay lost one million jobs. Lindsay created easy welfare, which ended up causing a lot more drug use and crime. Under Wagner and Lindsay, the percentage of public housing in NYC skyrocketed. Taxpaper money went to support the non working "poor" who could do no wrong according to that type of liberal thinking.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:49 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,259,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You had white flight, but some other things hit NYC in those days. NYC under mayor John Lindsay lost one million jobs. Lindsay created easy welfare, which ended up causing a lot more drug use and crime. Under Wagner and Lindsay, the percentage of public housing in NYC skyrocketed. Taxpaper money went to support the non working "poor" who could do no wrong according to that type of liberal thinking.
Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City