Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 08:51 AM

8 posts, read 112,550 times

Advertisements

There now is a Rosedale group on facebook

Rosedale Queens during the 60's and 70's | Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 01:35 PM

40 posts, read 173,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re_Run View Post
There now is a Rosedale group on facebook

Rosedale Queens during the 60's and 70's | Facebook
Face book refuses to delete your eMail address should you want not to be part of them or their Rosedale group .

Old 01-08-2010, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,867 times
Mod cut: not a reunion site.This really brings back memories.

Last edited by Viralmd; 01-08-2010 at 11:19 AM..

Old 01-13-2010, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 9,277 times
Default Sunday mornings

I also remember the seltzer man coming by. On Sunday's, Dad would bring home Stuhmer's donuts, Daily News with Dondi comics on the back and then we would ride to Ed's Aquarium in Lynbrook.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,441 times
Hey everyone - I tried to relive my past and search out "Ed's Tropical Aquarium" - I know that there were 7 locations, and back in the '80's, I worked at three of them at the same time- Lynbrook, Roosevelt Field and Farmingdale. The Farmingdale store laid dormant for years and years until the site was razed and a church was erected there about 4 years ago - Anyone else remember go to those stores?

Old 01-31-2010, 12:54 PM

64 posts, read 244,728 times
Smile Ed's

Ed's is gone, the last time I wasup there I went by there and it has closed. But I do remember when it started out as a house which led to bigger things.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:23 AM

58 posts, read 237,506 times
On Sundays it was either fresh rolls from the Rosedale Bakery or the custard crumbcake from Twin Ponds Bakery. We would take the comics from the paper and use silly putty to transfer the faces from the comics...simple fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangojam View Post
I also remember the seltzer man coming by. On Sunday's, Dad would bring home Stuhmer's donuts, Daily News with Dondi comics on the back and then we would ride to Ed's Aquarium in Lynbrook.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:26 AM

58 posts, read 237,506 times
Anybody remember sledding over by the twin ponds right off Brookville Blvd and the Cross Island Pkwy? Use to come down the hill and end up so close to the parkway.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:37 PM

9 posts, read 34,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queens54 View Post
Anybody remember sledding over by the twin ponds right off Brookville Blvd and the Cross Island Pkwy? Use to come down the hill and end up so close to the parkway.
Oh how well I do!! I lived about 2 blocks from there and every time it snowed I'd be there with my friends or we would be further down Brookville Blvd. towards Tudor Shopping area on the hill where you cut off to go onto the Southern State Pkway.- great times.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:46 AM

21 posts, read 83,013 times
Default Twin Ponds

Quote:
Originally Posted by queens54 View Post
I remember ice skating on the Twin Ponds in the 50's and then came a few years in a row that the ice never froze thick enough to be safe to skate on. By then the Wal-Cliff indoor roller skating rink was the place to go in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City