Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:37 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
There are still a noticeable number of Whites living east of Broadway, though.

In any case, you mentioned Harlem, which we all know has a noticeable White population as well. The only one where you are correct is Mott Haven.
I never mentioned anything about Harlem or my hood of Mott Haven on this thread. What are you talking about? This is about Williamsbridge a neighborhood in the North Bronx. Do I care about what goes on in Harlem and the Heights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 07:42 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,082,631 times
Quote:
There are still a noticeable number of Whites living east of Broadway, though.

In any case, you mentioned Harlem, which we all know has a noticeable White population as well. The only one where you are correct is Mott Haven.
There are very,very few neighborhoods in NYC that you could really call integrated or diverse.Harlem has,as you say "a noticeable" white population but it is mostly concentrated in specific micro neighborhoods.Most of Harlem is overwhelmingly black and hispanic and I doubt the white population of greater Harlem is more than 10 or 15 %.

Neighborhoods that are around 30% Hispanic,30% white and 30% black are integrated.Less than 20% of anything is just a presence.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:55 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,131,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I never mentioned anything about Harlem or my hood of Mott Haven on this thread. What are you talking about? This is about Williamsbridge a neighborhood in the North Bronx. Do I care about what goes on in Harlem and the Heights?
I was referring to whoever said "Harlem, Washington Heights, and Mott Haven have the largest segregated concentrations of poor people in the nation", which is false. There are plenty of areas in this nation where there are segregated Blacks and Hispanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
There are very,very few neighborhoods in NYC that you could really call integrated or diverse.Harlem has,as you say "a noticeable" white population but it is mostly concentrated in specific micro neighborhoods.Most of Harlem is overwhelmingly black and hispanic and I doubt the white population of greater Harlem is more than 10 or 15 %.

Neighborhoods that are around 30% Hispanic,30% white and 30% black are integrated.Less than 20% of anything is just a presence.
Well, I'll give you that.

So what you consider an area that only has 2 races (parts of The Bronx that are White and Hispanic, and parts of Queens that are White and Asian)? It wouldn't be "diverse", but it wouldn't be segregated either.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:29 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,253,334 times
Quote:
There are plenty of areas in this nation where there are segregated Blacks and Hispanics.
NYC 2010= Number two.

U.S. 2010 CENSUS: THE 10 MOST SEGREGATED CITIES IN AMERICA | BEAUTIFUL, ALSO, ARE THE SOULS OF MY BLACK SISTERS

Old 09-12-2011, 11:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,658 times
Default Location of Melbourne

Melbourn my darling burg, by the way is an exciting instal about this city, [url=http://melbourne-city.org]Melbourne events immediately[/url].
Melbourne is the means and most populous city in the state of Victoria, and the jiffy most heavily populated new zealand urban area in Australia. The Melbourne Burg Centre is the heart of the greater geographical areaand the Census statistical separatingâ€â€of which "Melbourne" is the community name. As of June 2009, the greater geographical precinct had an inexact folk of four million. Inhabitants of Melbourne are called Melburnians.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:56 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,253,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JzMnemonic View Post
Melbourn my darling burg, by the way is an exciting instal about this city, Melbourne events immediately.
Melbourne is the means and most populous city in the state of Victoria, and the jiffy most heavily populated new zealand urban area in Australia. The Melbourne Burg Centre is the heart of the greater geographical areaand the Census statistical separatingâ€â€of which "Melbourne" is the community name. As of June 2009, the greater geographical precinct had an inexact folk of four million. Inhabitants of Melbourne are called Melburnians.
Wrong thread, "down under man".

Old 09-13-2011, 01:30 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,918,406 times
How did New York City beat out Detroit? Detroit is so racially segregated it's not even funny, The city is all Black, but the suburbs around it are all White.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:15 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,290,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
How did New York City beat out Detroit? Detroit is so racially segregated it's not even funny, The city is all Black, but the suburbs around it are all White.
Or Chicago for that matter? That list is BS straight up. DC, Baltimore and Philly are more segregated than NYC. Somebody find that color coded NY Times map.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
Or Chicago for that matter? That list is BS straight up. DC, Baltimore and Philly are more segregated than NYC. Somebody find that color coded NY Times map.
They did a study that found nyc is the most segregated city in america. Nothing is wrong with aegregation, if indians wanna live amongst indians so be it. If hipsters wanna live amongst hipsters so be it, if poles wanna live amongst poles so be it.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:42 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,290,825 times
Mapping America ? Census Bureau 2005-9 American Community Survey - NYTimes.com

Type in New York and type in Detroit and see which map looks more segregated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City