Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 10:38 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
How many times do I/we have to spell it out for you before you stop defecating this nonsense out of that hole in your cranium?

How hard is it for you to understand that this notion that every citizen; man, woman, and child; is going to be walking around armed is nothing but complete absurdity. Especially in liberal NYC. Are you just typing these words for the sake of typing something, or do you truly believe this?
You'll eventually find out on here that that's how he counters every argument to support his point... extreme exaggerations that have nothing to do with anything you or me or anyone else said...

Examples: I say crime is increasing over the past couple of years... he says "no crime is not reverting to the old crack days where the city lived in fear... I say Bloomberg is a bad mayor... he says well, I guess you'd rather have that moron Thompson whose pitch was "hey at least i'm not Bloomberg"... you say: Allowing decent hard working people to register for a gun would stop alot of criminals from being so bold in their attacks... he says: "yes, let's arm everyone in the world with a gun, better yet give every country nuclear bombs, that'll make the world safer...

This is just his way of arguing... not very solid but it just shows that he actually doesn't really have a response to your argument so he uses other tactics to bring his point home...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 10:45 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,218,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
You'll eventually find out on here that that's how he counters every argument to support his point... extreme exaggerations that have nothing to do with anything you or me or anyone else said...

Examples: I say crime is increasing over the past couple of years... he says "no crime is not reverting to the old crack days where the city lived in fear... I say Bloomberg is a bad mayor... he says well, I guess you'd rather have that moron Thompson whose pitch was "hey at least i'm not Bloomberg"... you say: Allowing decent hard working people to register for a gun would stop alot of criminals from being so bold in their attacks... he says: "yes, let's arm everyone in the world with a gun, better yet give every country nuclear bombs, that'll make the world safer...

This is just his way of arguing... not very solid but it just shows that he actually doesn't really have a response to your argument so he uses other tactics to bring his point home...
You've been rep'd, good sir...

Old 09-08-2011, 10:49 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,381,509 times
I think there is a love connection here! It's legal now...invite me to the wedding.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I think there is a love connection here! It's legal now...invite me to the wedding.

More extreme exaggerations because you literally have nothing?

Gotcha...

Old 09-08-2011, 10:53 AM

Rep him again..harder..show him you mean it..and look in his eyes when you do it!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Rep him again..harder..show him you mean it..and look in his eyes when you do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
More extreme exaggerations because you literally have nothing?

Gotcha...

Old 09-08-2011, 10:58 AM

LOL dude reverts do his homo fantasies because he's been called out as a reject...

Old 09-08-2011, 01:02 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times
Quote:
I would rather have 1 person shot on a train than a hail of 75 bullets from every idiot with a fully loaded gun who thinks he's Rambo. I also don't want every accidental shove on the train to escalate to a 10 person shootout..which is exactly what happens...all those "good guys" turn into bad ones when they are having a bad day.

I would rather have trained police officers, whose sole job it is to protect and serve, and a few thugs/criminals, with guns, than an armed population of people. As I said, those "good people" turn bad faster than you think.

If you believe that the chances are high enough that you need to take a fully loaded gun with you to check the mail, or to buy christmas ornaments at Target, then there are bigger issues here that your gun is not solving nor will ever solve. And simply arming everyone only exacerbates that problem, and does nothing to solve it.

Yes there is a chance that you may need a gun, but is it worth arming an entire population with some warped idea that it makes you safer? Look around....picture everyone on that train, those people you term "the good guys", carrying a fully loaded weapon. Feel safer? Tenants late on rent again...and you are going to demand rent again...do you feel safer knowing you are both fully loaded? Me neither...I feel a heck of alot less safe.

Sobro,

You are too much into a fantasy world.

In reality everyone has a weapon, weather it be a knife, key chain, straps to choke someone or your fist.

You want to banned everything?

Its an individual problem not law abiding citizens problem.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:04 PM

106,708 posts, read 108,913,061 times
little does he know how many people are armed around him already,good and bad...

like i said earlier to most the gun is the most scary but the truth is the knive the most lethal.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:14 PM

No way..the reality is most people are not carrying knives and guns. It is you who lives in a fantasy world if you believe most people are carrying deadly weapons wherever they go. However some of the nails on these ladies are like razors!

I don't want to ban anything, however if you have legitimate reason for carrying a gun, like you are a Police Officer, FBI, etc, or have a valid hunting license, so be it. Otherwise, the idea that you need to carry a gun to shop at Whole Foods "just in case" is completely ridiculous.

I wonder why there is no push for everyone to wear bullet proof vests "just in case"??? I would think that is more likely to keep you safe than strapping everyone with a gun....yet nobody wants to wear a bullet proof vest to shop at H&M..why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City