Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 02:56 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,301 times

Advertisements

so whats your point? erase all them criminals outside by shootin 'em? believe me man, poverty, exclusion, lack of education, single-mother households (to name a few)... those are the real roots of the problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 03:14 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy93 View Post
believe me man, poverty, exclusion, lack of education, single-mother households (to name a few)... those are the real roots of the problem
Uhhh yeah, that's pretty much exactly what he's getting at.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:23 PM

not exactly, hes actually sayin criminals are the roots of the problem, while i try to go further back to the inner roots, which are why theres so much crime in a certain area

Old 10-01-2011, 03:31 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Barkomatic, I agree that because we have this Constitutional Law it should be upheld. However the solution to the problem is for an Amendment to change this, and restrict gun ownership. This isn't the wild west circa 1750..there is no need for a family of 4 to each be strapped with an AK47 to eat at Chilis for dinner, nor does that make us any safer. Times have changed, and the idea that we are the same country as we were in 1750 is laughable...we gave women rights, no more slaves, and guns should be restricted as well. It's that simple.
We as citizens need the right to be armed.

Remember Kent State University?

That was our own "militia" shooting American citizens.

Don't think it couldn't happen on a grander scale.

When the crap hits the fan, you lefties will be banging on my door for protection.

BTW...there are quite a few "right to carry" states....I've never seen a family at Denny's with a bunch of M16's. More hysteria from the left.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
not exactly, hes actually sayin criminals are the roots of the problem, while i try to go further back to the inner roots, which are why theres so much crime in a certain area

That kind of environment breeds criminals. The poster in question understands this. I know that from his post history. I'm sure he just assumed that you didn't think he was an idiot.

So yes I agree with you. Citizens obtaining a firearm legally is not the problem. It's the households and environments in which most kids who grow up in the ghettos/poor areas of this country that shape them.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:42 PM

810 posts, read 836,811 times
Quote:
so whats your point? erase all them criminals outside by shootin 'em? believe me man, poverty, exclusion, lack of education, single-mother households (to name a few)... those are the real roots of the problem
Those are the symptoms of ignorant and violent people that spreads to everyone around them. It's happening in a lot of communities but one of the most dramatic examples is in Mexico, where the drug cartels are overflowing with millions of dollars. The money is concentrated into the hands of a few who run things who use their riches to kill more people, create corruption and petty greed.

Giving the scum community centers and a full scholarship to Harvard is obviously not the solution. Only when they are gone will we finally see real improvement.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
BTW...there are quite a few "right to carry" states....I've never seen a family at Denny's with a bunch of M16's. More hysteria from the left.

The dude you quoted consistently throws out wild nonsense on a wide range of topics. I've learned that it's best to ignore him at this point, but it's difficult sometimes I have to admit.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:53 PM

who you talkin about???

Old 10-01-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
who you talkin about???

I'm quoting alphamale there, referencing somebody else.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:10 PM

sobroguy is a good dude, i read his posts pretty often and i be agree with him most of the time, but thats just me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City